Extra Easy Would ?some sleep!!

vadey

Silver Member
I'm having problems sleeping cos mind is racing, thinking about my next meal, planning, dreaming of where I want to be!!! I'm shattered!! My mind won't switch off from it all!!!! Any one else like this?? Am I nutty on my own. ??? X

I get like this before an important meeting - had difficulty sleeping last night because I knew I had a meeting today that was a problem for two reasons. The journey in the cold weather (which turned out to be no problem) and difficult people on the committee I was chairing (managed to talk them down!!).

My way of dealing with this is to stop trying to sleep, and read for a while. Something totally unconnected with the problem in hand - a thriller, a romance, nothing heavy. Usually I go to sleep with the book (or Kindle) still in my hand.

I'm the same but I'm hoping its only because its all new to me. I'm off work today but still up at 5.30 with my mind racing. I'm going to buy a notebook today and write everything down then hopefully I won't forget what I had planned just 1hour before :)
Good luck hon xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm the same but I'm hoping its only because its all new to me. I'm off work today but still up at 5.30 with my mind racing. I'm going to buy a notebook today and write everything down then hopefully I won't forget what I had planned just 1hour before :)
Good luck hon xx

I've bought a diary to write things in. I'm on websites looking at Sw meals, reading on here. I need to switch off. I need to stop reading about it and just relax. I'm so tired x

I get like this before an important meeting - had difficulty sleeping last night because I knew I had a meeting today that was a problem for two reasons. The journey in the cold weather (which turned out to be no problem) and difficult people on the committee I was chairing (managed to talk them down!!).

My way of dealing with this is to stop trying to sleep, and read for a while. Something totally unconnected with the problem in hand - a thriller, a romance, nothing heavy. Usually I go to sleep with the book (or Kindle) still in my hand.

I'm like it all the time!!! Very frustrating x

Oh dear hon, I'm the same but have been an insomniac for years anyway so I'm used to surviving on little sleep. Try changing your reading material to something non SW related and a couple of Nytol tablets after a hot bath......sometimes works for me xx

Right this is going to sound crazy, bear with me!

When I can't sleep because my mind is working over time I try and blank my mind by imagining I'm breathing out all images in my mind. Take deep breaths and then every time you breath out try and blank your mind and imagine that all the stuff spinning in your head is being breathed out into a little box, also try and relax while your doing it so with every breath you let go of a little bit of the days tension till your totally relaxed. It's a type of visulisation / relaxation technique I read about somewhere yrs ago and it totally works for me. You put it all in a little box to be picked up in the morning which stops you worrying about forgetting anything. I usually have some annoying song from and advert I've seen just before bed going round in my head!!

If it's SW ideas your worried about forgetting then keeping a notepad with you and jotting things down rather than having to remember them would work also. I would think that after you have been doing the plan for a while and are more familiar with it then you won't have to think about it all time either.

I also have this problem and what's really annoying OH can sleep as if he had a switch!!
He just says good night I'm going to sleep now and with in minutes he's fast asleep
Having talked to many it seems to be a man thing I blame female hormones??

Oh dear hon, I'm the same but have been an insomniac for years anyway so I'm used to surviving on little sleep. Try changing your reading material to something non SW related and a couple of Nytol tablets after a hot bath......sometimes works for me xx

Thanks chick I will. I'm up and Down to loo too. I know it's all I my head. X

Right this is going to sound crazy, bear with me!

When I can't sleep because my mind is working over time I try and blank my mind by imagining I'm breathing out all images in my mind. Take deep breaths and then every time you breath out try and blank your mind and imagine that all the stuff spinning in your head is being breathed out into a little box, also try and relax while your doing it so with every breath you let go of a little bit of the days tension till your totally relaxed. It's a type of visulisation / relaxation technique I read about somewhere yrs ago and it totally works for me. You put it all in a little box to be picked up in the morning which stops you worrying about forgetting anything. I usually have some annoying song from and advert I've seen just before bed going round in my head!!

If it's SW ideas your worried about forgetting then keeping a notepad with you and jotting things down rather than having to remember them would work also. I would think that after you have been doing the plan for a while and are more familiar with it then you won't have to think about it all time either.

Hey!! Good advice, and at one point I was saying to myself just switch off it will be there in the morning there's nothing you can do! That worked, I also downloaded a relaxation cd. I also go to the loo a million times a night. Ive been doing the plan for a bit, since end of oct and lost 9.5lb but this is also playing on my mind As I want to be further down the line and have lost more!

I also have this problem and what's really annoying OH can sleep as if he had a switch!!
He just says good night I'm going to sleep now and with in minutes he's fast asleep
Having talked to many it seems to be a man thing I blame female hormones??

Mine can sleep anywhere!!! I manage, about 5,6 or 7 hours which is ok but still would like a restful night sleep x

I'm like that when I'm studying for exams. I kept waking up and recalling what I was just dreaming about...........the papers I had read for the last few days?! Over and over for days. I was so glad when the exams where finished.

I also just give up and either roll over or listen to some music or read.

Can't sleep again !!!! And trying my best not to go down stairs for something to eat !! But one foot is already out of bed help!!

Back