Would you Adam & flippin well Eve it !!!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by pandora, 18 March 2008 Social URL.

1. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    coming to the close of day 2, so not really into ketosis yet, still got the tum rumbles, but doing ok.
    Arrived at work tonight to be confronted with a MASSIVE box, 2 layers an all, of scrummy Thorntons chocolates :drool: :drool:, all for the night staff (6 of us intotal, 3 on shift tonight)
    What am i going to do ???????

Divide the box by 6 & take mine home for the kids, but god, i'd love them :( :sigh:
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ignore them. I sole sourced for 100 days in an office where every day (and seriously it was every day) there were krispy kreme donuts, chocolates, cakes, take away food deliveries, every form of junk food you could think of - and some of it looking very scrummy indeed - on offer. My office is terrible for the food it constantly has on offer for everyone. I never had any of it and was so determined not to be tempted by it.

sometimes I felt really hard done by as colleagues were "rewarded" with food/alcohol/meals out and I never got a reward because I chose not to eat. But losing weight was my reward.

don't do it.

4. JustineCov

JustineCov Scary!

Diet:
    CD + 1 Meal a day
    I have sat next to a box of thorntons for a week now - the temptation is getting so bad that if they are still there tomorrow im chucking them!

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    There's no doubt the chocs taste nice cheryl ... but weight loss issue aside, the mental thrashing you'll give yourself if you give in will just not be worth it for the sake of a 10 second 'fix'.

I'm doing this EVERY DAY now and it's a living hell.

6. want2wearbikinis

want2wearbikinis Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    oh I so know the feelings you're going through, every shift I'm on someone always brings in biccies, and then there's the prezzies we get from the women (I'm a student midwife) wine, big tins of chocs, cakes. It really is hell when theres lovely things in front of you...staring at you!
    well done for staying away from them, keep thinking of your targets. I keep looking at nice clothes I would love to wear but can't at the mo as I'm a heffa, and that helps keep me away from the scrummy things....so far anyway!!

xx

7. TheRealMe

TheRealMe Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The Body Coach SSS
    Hey Pandora, I don't know if it will help but having read a couple of books that give you the 'truth' about milk, sugar and chocolate, I think about chocolate in another way now which definitely helps me to resist. There is loads of milk and sugar and other fats in chocolate, there has to be to make it taste good. But if you think of milk as cow's pus - yeuch! Sugar is addictive (don't we know it!), rots your teeth, ages your skin and contributes to so many conditions such as candida, diabetes, etc. There is an addictive drug in chocolate, theobromide I think it's called. The industry knows it is addictive, that there is no nutritional value and is positively contributing to the obesity epidemic - but hey, they make £billions out of us. And finally a couple of mantras I have stuck to the inside of cupboard doors - 'NOTHING tastes as good as being slim feels' and 'choose nutrition over taste'! Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint and struggle with this big time, but I'll try anything to change my mind about 'nice' food. You're doing so brilliantly, don't let some blobs of mixed up cows pus, drug and poison sabotage you!!!!

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

pandora, did you eat any?

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hope u didnt touch them. shir you can have choc when you finished ssing

10. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    nope, i didn't sucumb, i put my share in 2 pots & bought them home for the kids & they have just devoured them !
    i know it wouldn't have been one if i had buckled, but all of my quota :eek:
    xx

11. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Well done you, you are surely in the "zone" hun xxxx

12. lollylou1

lollylou1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    Hi

I work in a numrsery with yummy food all day every bloody day, some how i have managed to resist since being on Cd where i never could before so i have put my foot down and will never pick again unless its roast potatoes LOL. no i promise i will be good.
    WELL DONE for not giving in and eating the chocolate but u have a sense of achievement from watching the kids eat them and knowing u resisted
    Lolly
    xxx

13. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    well done on resisting hun :) ur doing great! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.