Would you Adam & flippin well Eve it !!!!!

pandora

finding my way again !
coming to the close of day 2, so not really into ketosis yet, still got the tum rumbles, but doing ok.
Arrived at work tonight to be confronted with a MASSIVE box, 2 layers an all, of scrummy Thorntons chocolates :drool: :drool:, all for the night staff (6 of us intotal, 3 on shift tonight)
What am i going to do ???????

Divide the box by 6 & take mine home for the kids, but god, i'd love them :( :sigh:
xx

I have sat next to a box of thorntons for a week now - the temptation is getting so bad that if they are still there tomorrow im chucking them!

There's no doubt the chocs taste nice cheryl ... but weight loss issue aside, the mental thrashing you'll give yourself if you give in will just not be worth it for the sake of a 10 second 'fix'.

I'm doing this EVERY DAY now and it's a living hell.

oh I so know the feelings you're going through, every shift I'm on someone always brings in biccies, and then there's the prezzies we get from the women (I'm a student midwife) wine, big tins of chocs, cakes. It really is hell when theres lovely things in front of you...staring at you!
well done for staying away from them, keep thinking of your targets. I keep looking at nice clothes I would love to wear but can't at the mo as I'm a heffa, and that helps keep me away from the scrummy things....so far anyway!!

xx

Hey Pandora, I don't know if it will help but having read a couple of books that give you the 'truth' about milk, sugar and chocolate, I think about chocolate in another way now which definitely helps me to resist. There is loads of milk and sugar and other fats in chocolate, there has to be to make it taste good. But if you think of milk as cow's pus - yeuch! Sugar is addictive (don't we know it!), rots your teeth, ages your skin and contributes to so many conditions such as candida, diabetes, etc. There is an addictive drug in chocolate, theobromide I think it's called. The industry knows it is addictive, that there is no nutritional value and is positively contributing to the obesity epidemic - but hey, they make £billions out of us. And finally a couple of mantras I have stuck to the inside of cupboard doors - 'NOTHING tastes as good as being slim feels' and 'choose nutrition over taste'! Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint and struggle with this big time, but I'll try anything to change my mind about 'nice' food. You're doing so brilliantly, don't let some blobs of mixed up cows pus, drug and poison sabotage you!!!!

nope, i didn't sucumb, i put my share in 2 pots & bought them home for the kids & they have just devoured them !
i know it wouldn't have been one if i had buckled, but all of my quota :eek:
xx

Hi

I work in a numrsery with yummy food all day every bloody day, some how i have managed to resist since being on Cd where i never could before so i have put my foot down and will never pick again unless its roast potatoes LOL. no i promise i will be good.
WELL DONE for not giving in and eating the chocolate but u have a sense of achievement from watching the kids eat them and knowing u resisted
Lolly
xxx

Back