Would you say something......

RScothern

Have just seen the lad next door tearing apart the fence on the house behind mine. The house has been empty for a while. He climbed over 2 fences to get to it and just started ripping pieces off the fence panels
My question is do I tell his parents? He is only 7 and I would want to know I'd my kids were doing this sort of thing! What do I do?

I would say something as would be horrified if my son did something like that and no one told me! Just be careful, make sure you approach it in the right manner or it could make things awkward between yourself and the neighbours xx

I'd probably say something , but it would really depend on how i thought the parents would react. Some parents get upset when told their children are less than angelic

I would lock him in Madam La Minx's new shed! - The little horror!

or

Can't wait to see what shirleen will do :eek:

Yes I'd definately tell his parents, that's if they are the type that will care & do something about it.

I would tell them but maybe say it like you were concerned for his safety rather than 'he's out of control' type thing. Just in case they get funny with you - you still have to live next to them :)

You could mention it in a way that would make out you hadnt seen it personally, like its going round your lad did this. That way you could make out you were really shocked, and she could perhaps mention it to her son.

Or the other option is tell the lad yourself. Just tell him you saw him do it, if he does it again youre telling his mum.

PMSL!

Hope you're enjoying Florida Steve

Loving it thanks! cracking day out today a my first NFL game (American Football) - see my diary page for report (ignore the fawning women on there, groupies realy:p)

Least SW-friendly place in the world though:cool:

What a feral child! Go round the parents tell them what you saw and ask fir some if the panels to repair your fence! You could also ask if he does stealing to order as you fancy a new TV. That way you don't look too judgemental!

Oh and Kingleds shed is too good for him! Perhaps a night in the abandoned house?

What a feral child! Go round the parents tell them what you saw and ask fir some if the panels to repair your fence! You could also ask if he does stealing to order as you fancy a new TV. That way you don't look too judgemental!

Oh and Kingleds shed is too good for him! Perhaps a night in the abandoned house?

You're mellowing kid!

I was fully expecting clipped lugs and bread and water for the rest of the week:eek:

Me personally, knowing my neighbours, it would depend on whose child it was. I much prefer keeping myself to myself where I'm living. There was an incident about 5 years ago where I answered my door to a neighbour when whe was having a fight with her bf, and he proceeded to throw a bike through my window and beat me up in my drive way. It went to court etc., but I have to say I'm extremely leery of interacting with most of the people around here.
If it was someone I knew wouldn't get all "my child wouldn't do that, who do you think you are, get away from my door!" I'd just knock in and tell them straight out.
But the majority of my neighbours are that type, unfortunately.

If it was my child, I'd like to know what he was doing so I could make reparations.

Back