Would you?

rainbowdrops22

So my goal is to lose about 15 stone (I started at 24st1) and go to my uni summer ball in 2 years in this dress
front http://tinypic.com/r/oissbb/3
back http://tinypic.com/r/2ce6wao/3

Its basically a strapless gold, yellow dress. Full length the bust part is like all bunched up and then from the bust down its quite fitted with sequins/sparkles.
Its about 4 years old and not sold anywhere so I emailed the designer Scala and they think they have one stockist that may have it-I was going to get it in a Size 12 and if I get any smaller I will have it taken in. All off their dresses retail for about $300 (more than £150). Is that crazy? would anyone spend money on something that they are NOWHERE near fitting into to? Do you like it? Should I buy it and hang it on my wall lol?

Last edited:
hmmmm this is really difficult. It is a beautiful dress, but that is a lot of money to spend. If you think it would help you lose more weight or stay on target then sure get it and put it in your wardrobe as an insentive!

jees that really is a difficult one!

x

I wouldn't because 2 years is a long time in the fashion world! You might want to wear something completely different by then. Dorothy Perkins has loads of pretty dresses at the moment for not much money.. so does asos.com. If you bought one of those but didn't want to wear it when you got to goal it wouldn't be so much money, but still motivation for you/

Hmm, this is a toughie! If you think it will motivate you, I can see the benefit to having it hanging on your wall. BUT...

- as Jess said, fashions may change in the next couple of years and you might want to wear something different
- you don't know what your body shape will be like and it might not suit your figure once you've lost the weight
- I hope it's not the case, but the time could come and go and it still not fit you; I have thrown away hundreds of pounds worth of clothes that I fully intended to slim into.

Maybe a compromise would be to have a picture of it on your wall to motivate you and then, when the time comes, you could have a dressmaker make you a dress just the same - you could pick your own colour and fabric that way too.

I agree with Jess and Karen.

I had bought some stuff to slim into - and when I got to the weight where they fitted, they didn't suit me! how gutted was I - and such a waste of money - so the charity shop got some brand new clothes from me.

Have something there as your motivation for each stage along the way - you get 4 or more dresses for the price and have one for each mini target that you reach - that way it won't seem such a long way off before you get your treat.

Good luck. xx

Hi

It's a lovely dress ... but 2 years is a long time. I have no doubt you could get into it in that time ... but by then you may want to wear something compeltley different ... when I get that size I'll be wearing neon so everyone can see me lol

Twigs
xx

haha your all right.......I'm just in love. I'm not worried about it being out of fashion because its already 4 years old. Oh I don't know arghhhhhh :S

its not about it being out of fashion.. you might like it now, but did you like it 4 years ago when it came out? and will you like it 2 years down the road?

personally i dont see it as much of an incentive because the goal is far too far away. I would say goals of 1st and a treat each time would be much more beneficial to you than a dress that seems a lifetime away x

go for it rainbow, if thats what you want, if its the incentive you need to do it, £150 over 2 years is a good bet, good luck with your journey
xxx

Back