Would you....

foxy_lox

Silver Member
let a stranger in your home to use your loo???

Odd question I know but I have just said no to a guy aged about 24 and feel really mean.
Just completed the asda shop, got home and had to carry in about 6 bags of shopping, laptop, handbag, gym bag like you do lol. Noticed an old range rover parked outside the house (my spot) so huffed about parked up the street and started to load the bags into the house, did about three trips. Guy in range rover was on his phone. Anyway about 15 mins later knock on the door and he said "Ive broken down and dont mean to be rude but can I use your toilet." I was a bit shocked and said "I'm really sorry no, next door might"
And no I feel really mean, just something didnt seem right. I am not mard at all but now I feel like the worst person on earth:confused:.
I think Im watching too many crime shows!!! What would you have done?

foxy_lox said:

Odd question I know but I have just said no to a guy aged about 24 and feel really mean.
Just completed the asda shop, got home and had to carry in about 6 bags of shopping, laptop, handbag, gym bag like you do lol. Noticed an old range rover parked outside the house (my spot) so huffed about parked up the street and started to load the bags into the house, did about three trips. Guy in range rover was on his phone. Anyway about 15 mins later knock on the door and he said "Ive broken down and dont mean to be rude but can I use your toilet." I was a bit shocked and said "I'm really sorry no, next door might"
And no I feel really mean, just something didnt seem right. I am not mard at all but now I feel like the worst person on earth:confused:.

Definitely not hun.

You hear about all sorts of scams etc for people getting into other people houses.

You did the right thing xx

Same here, he wouldn't have got in ours.

I definitely would have said no too. You can't be too careful and I think it's a bit odd that anyone would ask the question without thinking that it may come across as a bit intrusive and put you in an awkward position. For the record I would have said no to a female too though!

our instincts are usually correct and you felt something wasn't right, you did the right thing in my view

Don't feel mean for one minute! Of course there are loads of perfectly nice, honest people out there, and he might have been one of them.

But he could also not have been, and you cannot take that risk. Every week one reads in the local papers about people conning their way into houses, distraction burglaries and the like. And they succeed because we don't want to seem rude or mean, or are just not quick enough in saying no.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if a total stranger thinks you are mean, it is more important that you are safe.

No i dont think you are mean.....i think you are sensible!

there's no way i'd have let him in my house in a million years!

Flibsey said:
same here. although i might have given him a bottle to pee in.

I'd agree with this one!! Too many scams x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I grew up in Belfast during the troubles so it's a natural thing for me to not let anyone I don't know into my house. If I'm at home by my lonesome I don't even answer the door!
Very weird that he asked - a man can wee in a secluded hedge if required!

The Punisher said:
I grew up in Belfast during the troubles so it's a natural thing for me to not let anyone I don't know into my house. If I'm at home by my lonesome I don't even answer the door!
Very weird that he asked - a man can wee in a secluded hedge if required!

Maybe his urge would have required some loo roll?

I wouldn't feel bad at all. I agree that it's a bit weird that he asked. I broke down once and was bursting for a wee but I didn't even consider asking any of the people in the houses on the street! I would have felt weird if I'd been in that situation, with you having done a few trips back and forth and him being sat in the car watching almost... Ugh gives me the creeps!!

Or he was just a nice guy who needed a pee, lol :)

Maybe his urge would have required some loo roll?

I certainly wouldn't let a stranger in for a poo :eek: I'm funny about my own poo, never mind that of a total stranger!!

JezVonSavage said:
I certainly wouldn't let a stranger in for a poo :eek: I'm funny about my own poo, never mind that of a total stranger!!

But you dunno what they're doing until they've done it!!! :(

I can only poop in my own toilet, nowhere else, unless I'm on holiday or something. Don't like other peoples toilets or public ones for pooping. I cant even do it in the upstairs toilet! Has to be the ensuite in my room. Causes some odour issues in the bedroom occasionally mind you.

evilpenguin said:
But you dunno what they're doing until they've done it!!! :(

Yes exactly, so I wouldn't let them in for fear of them doing an accidental poo!!

I let our window cleaner in once when he was doing his xmas rounds. He was obv a bit merry and he "missed" the toilet. Never again! No more weeing strangers!

No way hosey! I watch criminal minds avidly so am uber paranoid when it comes to stuff like that. I'd rather be rude & the guy poos his pants than end up killed in my home! He saw you struggle with the bags so could pretty much guess you were on your own... Anyway, if he was that nice he'd have offered to help you carry them when he saw you!

'Better to be safe than sorry, better to be paranoid than dead.' I'm such a drama queen! Lol! But seriously, horrible stuff happens every day, why take such an unnecessary risk & put yourself in danger? You def did the right thing as far as I'm concerned (but I probably come across as some paranoid crazy so that might not make you feel better!). x

Thanks guys, glad I'm not on my own with this way of thinking lol. He was probably a nice person who just needed a pee lol

Not wrong at all. He watched you carry all those bags in by yourself and a laptop so he knew you were on your own and perhaps had stuff worth stealing. Seems dodgy and you def did the right thing x

foxy_lox said:

Hell no!

Dont feel bad for one minute....

Back