WOW!

miss.y

:Dso 3 weeks in and have lost a stone and dropped a dress size....feeling very motivated.
anyone out there just starting and struggling stick with it... look how quickly results can be achieved!!!
how are you all getting on and are you getting a lot out of your groups???
having a new counseller this time has made soooooo much difference to how i am tackling things mentally and emotionally too. a very different experience...
good luck all x

Yay! I got the same results for my first 3 weeks too :D
And I'm loving my group - actually look forward to the classes every week - no need to dread the scales as I know they will go down (well apart from this week when they wouldn't behave but I'm on day 10 of TOTM so can't say I'm surprised!) Onwards and downwards!!

I'm loving going to group meetings. Some of the other members are not very commited and we are loosing a few but my LLC is very good and I am finding the CBT invaluable. It is helping with so many other aspects of my life.

Yeah quite a few people have dropped out of my group, really saddens me that they got so far and left :( And you become such good friends, then they seem to dissappear! My LLC texts and phones them just to see if they are ok, but our most recent drop out just won't reply.

But now our group is smaller and closer in a way, as we have come so far together. And like Lind said, the CBT is invaluable. And quite often during the meetings, someone will come out with a personal story and you learn so much about your fellow group members. We've been in tears a few times!

Glad your enjoying it miss.y, a stone in 3 weeks in fab! :)
Good luck xxxx

last few weeks our group has dropped to about third of the size it was, dunno if people moving to management and saying cheerio, or they quiting. I thought some people where really strict and determined.

I hope they come back as it seems like in our small group im the only one nattering and it seems almost like a one-to-one and the other guys might get annoyed at my moaning, tales and problems.

Flex, I feel a bit like that too. There was just 5 of us on Monday and I did most of the talking and my LLC spent most of the time directing herself at me. It felt a bit like a one to one with a few observers. I think we will be down to 4 by next Monday as one girl was saying she isn't coming back after her holiday.

I felt a bit like that - what with a few absences it felt a bit sparse at group - and I was yapping away - the thing is after only a 1lb loss I needed all the help I could get! If it keeps me on track then I don't feel so guilty about taking over my LLC this week - I've paid enough after all :D

maybe us posters just like chatting too much, maybe we have replaced food with blethering.

I think we need support hence whey we post on here. Others, maybe are too self confident or ashamed even to talk or post on boards like this. Each to their own, but sharing my journey with people, especially ones like you guys really helps.

I need the support from you guys too. I just think that when you talk to people that are in exactly the same place as you are it helps so much more.

I am the youngest in my group at 35 and sometimes I feel a bit on my own.

Hi guys, I think it says something that of all 3 of you who regularly post on here, all going to different group meetings, are still going strong when some of the others from your meetings who maybe don't "talk" to anyone else about their feelings and experiences with LL are dropping out. I can really see how communicating with each other on here, away from group, is key to keeping motivated. My day is nearing - starting Tuesday after Monday night group. I feel like a kid waiting for my birthday :\ !

I'm the same Lind, youngest in my group.
And i'm constantly told 'oh you lose more weight because your younger'...when really it's because i'm the only one who sticks to it 100%!
I love the group support, but find that a lot of our meeting time is taken up by our LLC and the rest of the group comforting those who have lapsed, which is every week. Sometimes we don't finish the CBT activity and I have to do a lot of it at home.

That's why I love minimins as I feel like you guys are the perfect online LL meeting group! All supportive and dedicated :)

Lucy4Loop, my meeting is on a Monday too. I love it being on a Monday I feel like it sets me up for the week ahead. Keep posting on here there is so much support if you ever need it.

Hannah, my group says that to me too!

But that's such twaddle! Age has nothing to do with it! Infact I was inspired to do LL by a work colleague (who I'm guessing is in her late 50s) who lost 5 stone last year and is still maintaining :D

Age is just the excuse I used in order not to keep my weight under control "oh well I can't expect to be a size 10 anymore as I'm no longer in my 20s" REALLY? then how comes others manage? Because the work at it - that's the bottom line - as it is I'm not aiming for a 10 (as I think I'd look ill) but a curvy 12 will suit me just fine!

Its amazing that as we age, we are more likely to suffer from the consequences of our weight, yet people accept older age = fatter.

I guess people get used to it all and dont know where to start.

I have my mother in law staying with us for this week and next week. She is a large lady and has decided that as she's old (74) she doesn't care anymore. But she has spent the whole week trying to get me to eat. Telling me everything from I am being a silly girl to I'm slim enough as I am.

Luckily for me I have a will of iron over this and the girl is not for moving!!!

Good for you Lind. It must be hard living with that kind of pressure, perhaps by the end of the fortnight she may see things from your side? I guess for an "outsider" it does sound quite extreme to begin with, but when you know the details it's not so scary. But much admiring your will of steel !!!!! :)

L4L she only wants a partner in crime to take her to Costa's and drink coffee and eat c**e!! It ruins her plans. Nothing at all to do with my welfare. lol

Still I have shamefully used her to babysit so I can go to the gym, and next week the hubby is off work too so he can eat with her.

Well done Lind! Stay strong! My best mate (who's a size 26) was shocked when I visited her this weekend - loaded down with all my packs and refused to have even so much as a frothy coffee with her! We would usually munch our way through all sorts of takeaways and treats when visiting each other (I drove to Southampton to spend the weekend).

Once I explained the plan - she wished me luck with it - saying that after watching her eat and having a treat at the cinema and still sticking with my packs/water/coffee (I brought my own!!) she's thinks I have the willpower of an athlete and will succeed :D

Well done to you too AJB!!! The "heat" is off me this week now so I can just concerntrate on myslef!!

Back