Wrinkly's Diary.

Oo, and there are such a lot of good guys..

Sunday.

Carbs 11.2 Calories 952.

Carbs 5%, Protein 25%, Fat 70%.

Last edited:
LOL, I buy the cheaper cuts as well, and I use a lot of butter frying and stuff.

Jim, I think the cheaper cuts have more flavour & certainly not as dry, because of the fat.

Yes love, I totally agree.

I haven't bought any yet Laura I didn't want to buy on line if I could help it. I'm told that Holland & Barrett have it but at much the same price as my local health food shop also that in our sort of temperature it is solid & not an oil. If I bought it in a bottle rather than a jar I could have a heck of a job getting it out. All that has put me off for the time being I'm afraid.

I never knew that Laura, how interesting.

Yes I agree Laura, my local place was £8 odd, it must be made from liquid gold.

Monday.

Carbs 13.2. Calories 920.

Carbs 5%. Protein 35%. Fat 59%.

Last edited:
wrinkly - i just noticed your carb intake for the day and was wondering if your on induction.

Sass, I started on June 2nd & have really been on induction ever since. I think that it is in part, that I don't want any more plus I'm rather afraid of having any more. I think I will have to make myself eat more cooked veggie carbs as well as salads.

I expect you will notice I have altered my figures for the day. I have to do this quite often. I plan a days eating then find I don't need it all so have to come back & edit.

This really is the most extraordinary diet and believe me - I have tried a few!!

Last edited:
Lol I had just finished my last post when I realized my cat had brought in a live mouse & had it in the hallway. I shut every door so as to keep them there, grabbed Missy, shut her in the bathroom (nearest door) then opened the front door & ushered the mouse out & locked the cat flap... Mission accomplished!

You'll be in missy's bad books then wrinkly.

You'll be in missy's bad books then wrinkly.
I often am Jim. :D I can cope with a live mouse but I cannot abide having to dispose of a dead one. I have two humane traps if last night ploy hadn't worked. Thank goodness she is too big a woos to tackle anything larger.

Sounds like me but in my case i've eaten more than planned lol

I expect you will notice I have altered my figures for the day. I have to do this quite often. I plan a days eating then find I don't need it all so have to come back & edit.

re the carbs - i just couldn't imagine how you was eating enough of the good stuff like veg n salad and still be on such a low daily amount but i'm new to this diet so am still learning about how it all works.

I know i keep harping on about what the Atkins book says but i'm sure it says not to stay on induction for any length of time, i'm just worried that your not getting what your body might need. Hope you don't take offence because if it works for you then that's brill. xxxx

OMG !! mouse in the house, my cats brought a mouse in years ago and god i was so scared i climbed on a chair ( as big as i am) and didn't move until my sisters boyfriend came and got it for me, i'm such a baby !!!

LOL Hayley, My Mother's cats used to bring them in and drop them on the bed for her.

The original '72 Atkins said you could stay on induction for up to 6 months love.

Sass, Of course I'm not offended, in fact I thank you for your concern and your quite right about the Atkins book. I am actually going out later to buy some cabbage etc. I had 307grm of mixed salad veg' yesterday (I weigh my food) which came to only 10.5 grm - My PLAN records the carbs in everything
So you are right I must eat more greens. I do have a multi vit' + vit' C every morning etc etc.. Thank you again. :D

Wrinkly you do sound such a lovely person! You made me giggle with the mouse story too! My mums cat brought in a frog once! He carried it into the front room in his mouth n then dropped it at her feet - they don't half scream!!

Back