WW cooking sauces??

Yup kered - tomato based sauces with basil is one of my faves!!!

Brown pasta is ok chell - its a little bitty but is so much better than white pasta!

Simple changes like white to brown will help alot :D

Anyone got any good sauce recipies besides tomato ones?

For creamier sauces, I frylite garlic, onions and mushrooms then add a small tin or half a tin of baxters condensed chicken or mushroom soups, then flavour with herbs. I love this one. You could always use a weight watchers soup instead of the baxters ones then toss your pasta in it.

The above recipe is good to make a curry too, cook your chicken then add to the above mixture, but before you add the chicken just add some curry powder or a mixture of turmeric and other herbs and a few frozen peas. Then finish off with a handful of freshly chopped coriander.

Last edited:
The above recipe is good to make a curry too, cook your chicken then add to the above mixture, but before you add the chicken just add some curry powder or a mixture of turmeric and other herbs. Then finish off with a handful of freshly chopped coriander.

mmmmm - Sounds nice.

I think you start a recipe topic! :)

I have been converting recipes for over a month now ready for my maintenance, I cant wait to try all these.

I have used these sort of recipes before when I did WW or SW and they are tasty.

Personally I'm a big lover of spicy food. I like my chillis whether they be on a sandwich or just chopped with some pasta and pesto. So I'm looking forward to having a play with some spices and vegies to try and recreate some of the authentic Indian/Bangladeshi food I had whilst working in Saudi.

It was very simple stuff, Chick Peas, Ocra and other veggies in a lovely spiced sauce, which wasn't creamy at all, so I'm guessing (hoping) fairly fat-free. :)

mmm both sounds good kred :D

recipe sharing

Hi All
Would it be worth posting a new thread for sharing recipes. I know I have the S.W booklet for curries and they are all fab. Someone may have their own particular home made meal that they might like to share. Would take a lot of writing though.
Let me know what you all think:)

ooooh these al sound yummy!!

Well my Friend rushed me out of sainsburys because she seen her ex boyfriend.. so went to tescos and they didnt have the ww sauces

So it was tescos own sweet and sour, Korma and tikka..

And a dolmio light :) Will let you all know what I thought of them

Back