WW newbie...nervous!!!!

nikkixcx

Hi guys!!! So I'm a WW newbie, I'm joining tomorrow...I am so nervous...I have recently lost 3 and 1/2 stone on the cambridge plan...and I've decided to start a new chapter in my life and start to introduce food...I'm clueless when it comes to choosing what foods to eat and I've never ever had a good healthy relationship with food...so I'm hoping I've made the right decision to loose my final stone through WW! Wish me luck!!!!xx

Hi Im going to join this week too ! I have been a gold member but Ive lapsed and put a stone back on and with an upcoming holiday I need to get back in my shorts!!! So Im happy to be a chat buddy if you like ! Ive been writing down a points list of all the foods I like so I can track properly. I do think you will like ww as you can eat your favourite foods in moderation and learn to pick foods that are low in points but really healthy and good for you . Wishing you lots of luck and congratulations on your weight loss so far!! Well done.

Thank you, I did try WW a few years back but I never took it seriously, I have text the consultant who runs the meetings and asked if she will sit down and go through a plan with me as I need to keep it low carb really as thats what im used to but my understanding is that things that are high in carbs are high in pro points??x

Hi I too need to keep quite low carb too to get the best weight loss but I have a good appetite !! I like pasta so i buy the smallest shapes I can and wholemeal is nice and then weigh out 3 points worth when cooked . it doesnt look much but with your chicken and veggies its fine. I hate dry food so make lots of sauces or gravy to go with it. Lunches are homemade soups or salad mixes or wraps with friut to follow. My worst time of day is beween 4 and 6 pm where I just want to raid the fridge or biscuits and sweets . thres always loads of naughty stuff at work so its tough!! Ive got to do it!!!!

See I'm the opposite, I can go days without eating and sticking to shakes and then just have a mad binge on the 3/4 day and back to not eating again! It's so unhealthy so getting into a healthy routine is going to be really hard!!! But on a plus side I get to eat every day again!! My hardest times when I have been on an eating plan/diet is always after tea, between 7-9, do u have any foods/snacks that are low on points? X

I used to love a crumbled up meringue nest with fresh fruit and ww thick cream I think it was 3 ppoints. Also cheese quavers are 2 pp and I like ice lollies but cant remember the points. do you like sweet or savoury? Think you will love ww and eating real food . Do you like cooking or more convenience foods ?

Most fruit and veg is 0pp which is fantastic as you can bulk out your dinner or pudding with those.

Crisps wise french fries and quavers are 2pp a bag.

Chocolate- freddos are 3pp and so are those mini Kinder choc bars.

Fish such as haddock and cod are quite low in points, I like to have a poached egg on top of them with some 0pp veg.

Hi Ive not joined class until thursday so worked this out from my past books . I guess I will be on 26 points.

I had a banana and an apple for breakfast 0 pp ( im terrible at eating breakfast!!!)
Lunch small chicken salad 60g cooked chicken 2pp with 75 g cooked pasta 2pp and 2 tsp red pesto 2pp total 6pp
Dinner prawn cocktail -100g king prawns 2pp and lettuce and tomatoes 0pp and 1 tsp mayo 1pp total 3pp
large roast chicken breast (no skin) 6pp and large portion veg ratatouille 0pp total 6pp
snacks packet quavers 2pp 3 skinny lattes 3pp(milk) ice lolly 1pp raspberries 0pp

I think ive had 22 points and I should be on 26 a day so may have a small glass of wine or a small bit of chocolate yum !!

I hoope thats a bit helpful assuming ive got the points right!

So I've completed my 1st day, not used up all my points tho but I suppose going from a shake diet to an eating diet it's better than nothing...so here goes what I've had today...
Sachet of syrup flavoured porridge made with water 4pts
Tin of WW chicken soup 2pts
WW chicken wrap 7pts
Banana
Small chicken breast, broccoli, baby corn and sachet of chow mein stir fry sauce 6pts
Skimmed milk allowance 3pts
Total of 22pts
Have really enjoyed my 1st day being back on food...hopefully this will be as successful as the cambridge plan...although I know the weightloss will be slower xx

Hi there ! have you joined ww now? What did you think to your class ? I bet everyone was really friendly. I read your plan and its sounds fine to me but im no expert! I join again on thursday. So far-3 whole days- Ive been good . I havent eaten all my points as I usually would but got a weekend in london planned so that will be really tough not to go too mad! Im on 26 points how about you? Been shopping and got lots of nice things and easy snack things for salad boxes for lunch at work. My husband has been being really good too nut not following a plan so now ive really got to make the effort for my holiday in 10 weeks. id love to lose 10lbs if i possibly can!! Anyway how's it going for you ? I hope youre enjoying it :)

Ye I joined class yest, enjoyed the class but not too fussed on the leader but I'm sure she'll grow on me! I'm on 29pts but I've been putting 3points aside for my daily milk allowance! Been really good on the plan today and still have 10pts left so think I'll have a treat tonight! Got some WW nachos and some salsa dip can't believe it's only 1pt for a 1/3 of the Doritos dip jar! Would make a really good pizza base which I'm going to try this week too! Xx

Sounds like a good idea! Ive decided to drink warm water with half a lemon squeezed in each morning to get my body's metabolism going and i think it also helps with other "regular"benefits too! Got menu sorted for tomorrow already so quiten organised so far! chat later. :)

Back