WW online service advice...

kazt

Hello,

Seriously thinking about starting WW propoints - online version as they're doing a great special offer. Does anyone on here do this version and how do they find it? I have an iphone so I could log my daily allowance on there.

Do you get the whole daily points allowance calculation as well from the online service? I'm exercising heavily at the moment and am finding my appetite is spiraling out of control. I need to get myself on a weight loss plan but dont know which way to go. I've been doing a lo carb type thing which has been working up until the last week where the day after doing resistence training I GO ON A CARB EATING FRENZY... :) ...help??!...

Kaz

I do WW online as i don't have time to get to meetings (well i do have time, but there are no suitable times for me in my area).

I find it really good. You get exactly the same points as if you were to go to a meeting, plus your weekly allowance. I log my food on the website tracker whilst i'm at work, i find if i log what i'm going to eat that evening too it's easier to stick to it, because i've logged it already, iykwim? I also keep track on my WW calculator, but my husband has the WW app on his phone in case we're ever out and i dont have my calculator (we seriously look like a couple of geeks in shops!) and it's just as good, if not slightly better as the buttons on the WW calculator are awful!

I'd recommend it if you think you can be strict on yourself - i do miss the motivation of the meetings and the fact that there's no getting away from someone else weighing you! I also (having done the paln in meetings before) miss the book you get with the quick reference guides in, as these are really handy, but you can do without them too.

Pro points isn't a low carb diet but you do get penalised for them more heavily than before, so it's probably good for you as you can still eat them so you shouldn't get that craving and then the FRENZY ;) But you eat them in moderation so if you know low carb works for you, it should be good!

Hope that helps a bit x

Thanks Steph :)

Ah so the Iphone app thingy has a points calculator ? was wondering whether I'd have to join up and also buy a calculator :confused: but it doesn't sound like it if the WW app has one.

I'll be on with signing up tomorrow me thinks, doing P90X stretches tonight so not quite so heavy work out thankfully I wont be raking through the cupboards demolishing anything resembling food...yes it was me who ate all the pickled onions lol...

Ta

Kaz

the online services gives you pretty much everything you need to do weightwatchers. You can download the iphone app and log everything you eat just like you will do on the computer.

And yeah you can get cashback from quidco, think its £15 at the moment.

Theres lots of recipes as well which is great for ideas when you're stuck x

Brilliant! Many thanks - just discovered Quidco and I think if I've read it correctly I'll get £15 off of the £30 online fee! Thats fantastic!

Really grateful, I'll be sharing Quidco with everybody I know x

I've just joined WW online and am ready to make some changes; seems to be straightforward-ish points wise, it will take a bit of getting used to calculating food points and recording it regularly but worth it I'm sure. Found the App yay!

What I might do to feel safe to begin with is use the WW meals - are the Propoints written on these for guidance?

Sorry, I know newbies lol.

Kaz
(is very grateful)

Just been reading up on the WW website - sounds like a great, flexible healthy eating plan (not using the word diet - otherwise brain goes into panic mode) and the allowances for high intensity exercise are really generous.

Really excited!

I do like a few of the tescos ones... they have a higher pp value in most instances (around the 8-12 mark) but their portions are slightly bigger and feel like a meal rather than a "diet" meal :p

If you have any queries with any normal food we're all happy to help. x

Many thanks ! I've had one of the WW meals today for lunch. As you say they're...shall we say...less than generous portion wise but maybe thats becuase I need to adjust my my views on portion size :( I must say I'd have been disappointed if that was my tea lol.

I would probably pad them out as you say with some salad or veggies. I did feel reasonably full after tho and had a WW yoghurt a yummy lemon tart one so am fairly happy with how today has gone...however, I type this with a naughty white wine in hand...:eek: am remembering to log it on my app which I'm also really impressed with.

Admittedly I struggled with WW before as I felt really restricted, whereas now I prefer that restriction, I need rules to stick to not sure how its going to fit in with the heavy exercising I'm doing, maybe add some protein drinks in somewhere, post workout :confused:

Although I wont be doing p90x yoga tonight my Friday night glass or two, not sure that would be a good idea as have already managed to go a*** over t** over the pouffe when I was sobre...bahahahah that was funnneee

Kaz
x

Soz, meant to also say thanks for alternative meal ideas - didn't think of looking at the supermarket healthy ranges.

Yeah cereal portions are a nightmare! They're super teeny weeny. I couldn't believe it when I actually weighed out what the portion size should be ie; 28g or 30g ...and thats gotta last me till lunch??!

I've just found this thread really helpful :) I am swapping to WW from Cambridge Diet as I'm sick of bloody milkshakes now!!! haha. Me and my OH are undecided if we should join a meeting or do it online? Does anyone find the meetings help them stay on track? or does it not make a difference?
I would like to do it online but think getting weighed every week would spur me on to stick to it. Sorry to hijack your thread... :)

hi felix, congrats on your weight loss so far!

'fraid i cant offer much in the way of advise on this, i've only just joined up online. i can say that from what i've seen so far i'm really impressed, its really easy to follow. if you have an adroid phone there are plenty of great apps to help you record through the day and calculate propoints. the app i have for the iphone takes off your propoints as you add them in leaving you with what propoints you have left for the day. if you go over i'm assuming it will take it off your weekly extra allowance too (like i did with the vino:sigh:). the weigh in part is where i'll miss going to a club and getting the moral support from other group members but i guess thats why we're all on here! let me know if you join up and i'll join you on a 'weigh in' day :)

and i've discovered that if you add fruit to the measly 28g of cereal allowance it looks like loads lol:D

kaz
(has a headache, 'tis self inflicted :cool:)

kazt said:
hi felix, congrats on your weight loss so far!

'fraid i cant offer much in the way of advise on this, i've only just joined up online. i can say that from what i've seen so far i'm really impressed, its really easy to follow. if you have an adroid phone there are plenty of great apps to help you record through the day and calculate propoints. the app i have for the iphone takes off your propoints as you add them in leaving you with what propoints you have left for the day. if you go over i'm assuming it will take it off your weekly extra allowance too (like i did with the vino:sigh:). the weigh in part is where i'll miss going to a club and getting the moral support from other group members but i guess thats why we're all on here! let me know if you join up and i'll join you on a 'weigh in' day :)

and i've discovered that if you add fruit to the measly 28g of cereal allowance it looks like loads lol:D

kaz
(has a headache, 'tis self inflicted :cool:)

Thanks for the reply :) I have an iPhone so like the sound of the app so I can track what I'm doing!! I think we will have a try at going to the meetings (we're going to one on wendesday eeeeeek!) and see how it goes.

Back