X Factor

Really though - out of the all 12 or whatecer finalists NO ONE is "new".

It has all been done before. Diana was the closest thing BUT we have had it before (Dolores O'Riordan for one!). Plus - whats been popular this year? Female singers with "quirky" distinctive voices - Duffy for one.

NO ONE is going to be new - its just all been done before.

Been very unimpressed with the whole x-factor thing this year. The singing category each week is boring and predictable...... Mariah week, big band week.......... all safe and boring sounds. How about a Stone's week? A Creedence week, punk week, how good would a Bob Marley week sound........ something to get the atmosphere going, something that if the contestants sang it at a packed out Wembley stadium the whole audience would be singing along.

Really though - out of the all 12 or whatecer finalists NO ONE is "new".

It has all been done before. Diana was the closest thing BUT we have had it before (Dolores O'Riordan for one!). Plus - whats been popular this year? Female singers with "quirky" distinctive voices - Duffy for one.

NO ONE is going to be new - its just all been done before.

I blame radio 1 for that fact. 10 to 15 years ago DJ's like John Peel weren't afraid to play something abit further away from the norm. Nowadays the record companies have all the control and they more or less dictate what radio 1 plays, so Womaniser gets put on multiplay and struggling artists don't get a look in.

Unfortunately it doesn't appeal to the masses if you go away from the usual, predictable routes!

The masses like whatever the "good looking" TV presenter tells them to like.

And as they have never strayed from the predictable routes how would they know? I think next year the week before the live shows start the TV audience should choose the category for the first live show........ then at the end of that show choose the category for the following week etc etc.......

The masses like whatever the "good looking" TV presenter tells them to like.

And as they have never strayed from the predictable routes how would they know? I think next year the week before the live shows start the TV audience should choose the category for the first live show........ then at the end of that show choose the category for the following week etc etc.......
I like that idea!

A good idea. I wouldn't vote for it though - Purely because I'd rather not give ITV my whole wages every time V Factor comes around!

A good idea. I wouldn't vote for it though - Purely because I'd rather not give ITV my whole wages every time V Factor comes around!

OK, c'mon who's voted on this XFactor series? Or the last, come to that. Or any voting programmes...

I've never picked up the phone, although have come close to it;).

AJ

I've voted this series for the first time ever. I've voted for Alexandra because i think she deserves to win, and for a while i was worried that Daniel Evans might get through to the finals lol

*looks around shamefully*

I vote.

OK, c'mon who's voted on this XFactor series? Or the last, come to that. Or any voting programmes...

I've never picked up the phone, although have come close to it;).

AJ

I would actually vote if the vote was for who you DIDNT like. Theres usually someone I dont like but never someone I feel passionately enough about to spend money on voting for

I would actually vote if the vote was for who you DIDNT like. Theres usually someone I dont like but never someone I feel passionately enough about to spend money on voting for

That's a good point, Sandy. Me and my hubby Adrian watch 'BB' and 'I'm a Celebrity' and would be more likely to vote for the people who drive us mad! Not mentioning any names...

AJ

Have to agree as well.

I know a lot of people that would have voted for Rachel to go out but don't bother voting for people to go in.

Duets this week are as followed;

JLS will perform with Rhianna
Alexandra will perform with Westlife
Eoghan will perform with Boyzone.

jls have def come off best there. The odds for them to win have been slashed as a result but i think alex is still the favourite with the bookmakers

Back