xenical and fruit

Chelsea

can I ask a question on behalf of my friend, she is on Xenical but not confident enough to come on the forum and ask questions herself... she has been on it a month but just takes it in the evening as she is eating just fruit for breakfast and lunch - although does have quite a few lattes with skim milk during the day - i this okay or should she really be taking it 3 times a day so it is in her system ???
thanks girls !

Hi

My GP prescribed mine and it says take 3 times per day with meals....reading online i've found that they're supposed to be taken with high fat meals in order to stop a third of the fat from the meal being absorbed so I think taking one with fruit wouldn't be of any benefit. I don't eat breakfast regularly (bad me) so I only take a xenical with lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, there is no point taking Xenical for a fat free meal, it would do no good at all. If the lattes are with totally skimmed milk then they wouldn't help with that either so what she is doing seems fine. Tell her to get on here for a chat, we don't bite! Well most of us don't... :D

Hi

My GP prescribed mine and it says take 3 times per day with meals....reading online i've found that they're supposed to be taken with high fat meals in order to stop a third of the fat from the meal being absorbed so I think taking one with fruit wouldn't be of any benefit. I don't eat breakfast regularly (bad me) so I only take a xenical with lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry but this is incorrect, in that if you have a high fat meal then you most certainly will get side effects. While on Xenical, the food you eat should be no higher than 5% fat ( that is 5g of TOTAL fat content per 100g of food product) and that your meals should have no more than 15g of fat in them.

Sorry but this is incorrect, in that if you have a high fat meal then you most certainly will get side effects. While on Xenical, the food you eat should be no higher than 5% fat ( that is 5g of TOTAL fat content per 100g of food product) and that your meals should have no more than 15g of fat in them.

Thanks....it's still early days for me so i'm still trying to work this all out lol :D

tell your friend to hop aboard here... we are one big family who support each other... we are all in the same boat....
:):):):):) and we are friendly.. and as kitty said. most of us dont bite....

I bite! But seriously tell your friend to get on this board!! We need some more new blood on here lol.

If she isn't feeling upto it i will answer any questions the best i can through PM. =] All the best.

well i was going to say we all dont bite apart from red.. but thought i would get whacked!!

I bite! But seriously tell your friend to get on this board!! We need some more new blood on here lol.

If she isn't feeling upto it i will answer any questions the best i can through PM. =] All the best.

new blood! dont u mean fresh meat??? lol

hehe sorrry people!
xxxxxxxxx
x

:D:D:D:D:D:D

now even i am scared !!! Only joking... thanks for all your advice... trying really hard to get her to join in but she isn't very confident on the computer and quite shy in herself... but she has read all the replies and hopefully will feel more confident about joining in... thanks again

Back