xenical and slimming world

raachel28

I've just been prescribed xenical by my doctor. I went to see her regarding the egg share programme and she thinks these may help me to get my bmi down quicker. Has anyone followed slimming world while taking these?

Hiya i have been prescribed xenical but stopped taking it because I'm trying to get pregnant. When I was taking it kept me on the stright path because if i strayed and ate anything bad i would suffer the nasty side affects. If i wasnt trying to get pregnant i would definately take the xenical with slimming world diet because I am eating a lot less fat now then when i was trying to do my own dieting. Xenical works differently for everyone so it really is worth a try and could mean you lose those few pounds extra x

How much were you losing when taking them?

Hi,

I was prescribed xenical by the doctors about a year ago, i done weight watchers at the same time.

The r really unplesant and make u run to the toilet alot! even when healthy eating i found that i would rather not be on the toilet constantly and lose weight naturally, so i stopped them after a few months.

But i suppose everyone is different..

:)

i have not heard a positive thing about them.....healthy eating all the way in my opinion!!!!!

It may be slower, but must be better than adding drugs to your body>?

x

Only bad thing that i think will happen in regards to xenical and sw is that some foods thyat maybe fine on sw might have a high fat value and react with the tablets so you may have to be careful about that. I used to react to fried eggs mainly x

I have read loads of posts about these & people having some really unplesant & embarrasing experiences!

I personally would stick to SW100%, you will get there. Theres some amazing people on here who have lost so much, they are really inspiring :)

My doctor gave me these before I started SW so had some less than desirable effects.:rolleyes:

He told me to try them again recently to help with SW so I did for a month but really saw no difference with and without. I don't bother now, saves me the prescription money at least.:D

I was given them by my doctor , to be honest didn't lose a pound on them . I got after effects once after a BBQ but I felt bloated whilst taking them. Admittedly I wasn't doing slimming world at the time was loosely following Rosemary Connelly which is low fat). How much did you lose when you didn't follow SW whilst taking them ? I have to agree with the OP , I would rather do it naturally.Hope whatever you do works and you soon get the chance to be a mum.

Hope whatever you do works and you soon get the chance to be a mum.

I'm already a mum lol, I'm sharing my eggs so someone else can use them and be a mum :)
I stick to SW quite well, have only gained 0.5lbs twice since starting. I'm hoping the xenical will boost my losses a little bit.

I am just finishing a month on Xenical - I went to GPs asking for Gastric Bypass referral following advice from Diabetic Doctor and my GP put me on these for a month, am going back to see him on Wednesday as he told me to return in a month to see about the referral if these didn't suit. I have suffered bloating, wind, tiredness and occasional oily outbursts :0 - the first week combined with SW I lost 1 lb, week 2 was the same, week 3 I strayed a bit off plan and maintained then this past week I came off plan for anniversary etc and gained a lb. For the amount of symptoms I had I will NOT be wanting any more of these EVER AGAIN!
Good Luck - I hope they work better for you.

I had these a long time ago but when I was dieting under my own steam and not doing SW. I found my losses slowed up significantly while I was taking them. As soon as I stopped, they speeded right back up again.

SW is a naturally low fat diet anyway so it seems a little pointless to be taking them - what fat you do eat you need as part of a healthy balanced diet - but if you do find your losses are slower while on them its something to consider...

Back