Xenical for Christmas (and beyond!)

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to xenical, although not to this forum or dieting.
I have tried (and not done very well) with Atkins, Dukan, Slimming World etc) although I do preserver portion size is my downfall and thus my losses are always low... and if pains me to say I've lost little over a stone in almost a year of 'dieting'.

Was recently prescribed xenical and have spent the last two days reading up on them... Looking forward to starting tomorrow.

I am down 2 stone from my highest weight and have at least 5 stone to lose

Read the website & stickies and as far as I am now (fingers crossed) clued up this is my plan:

- 3 healthy low fat meals per day
- 3 small low fat snacks.

- no more than 10g fat per meal
- no more than 5g fat per 100g

- exercise at least 30 mins day
- drink plenty of water
- look out for Mr. Tango

Any tips greatly received :D

Elaine xx

Ela ine said:
Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to xenical, although not to this forum or dieting.
I have tried (and not done very well) with Atkins, Dukan, Slimming World etc) although I do preserver portion size is my downfall and thus my losses are always low... and if pains me to say I've lost little over a stone in almost a year of 'dieting'.

Was recently prescribed xenical and have spent the last two days reading up on them... Looking forward to starting tomorrow.

I am down 2 stone from my highest weight and have at least 5 stone to lose

Read the website & stickies and as far as I am now (fingers crossed) clued up this is my plan:

- 3 healthy low fat meals per day
- 3 small low fat snacks.

- no more than 10g fat per meal
- no more than 5g fat per 100g

- exercise at least 30 mins day
- drink plenty of water
- look out for Mr. Tango

Any tips greatly received :D

Elaine xx

Hi welcome! Sounds a good plan!
Just remember it is
No more than 15g fat per meal and 45g fat per day :)

Myfitnesspal is a great phone app for tracking food/ weight also on iPad and pc.

Good luck!

Hi & welcome Elaine!

You sounds as though you have done good reading up! There is a stickie too that is helpful for new starters, think I read it several times a day at first. I like you have unsuccessfully been dieting for a long time but this time I am getting somewhere but only by sticking to it 100% as I know its the only way I can do it, if I once break it for me it will be a downward spiral. So Good Luck, onwards & downwards hon xx

Mis-behave said:
Hi welcome! Sounds a good plan!
Just remember it is
No more than 15g fat per meal and 45g fat per day :)

Myfitnesspal is a great phone app for tracking food/ weight also on iPad and pc.

Good luck!

Ah thanks Hun :)
15g per meal - awesome!

And I have my fitness pal - I'm Eb126 if you wanna add :D

Lexie2005 said:
Hi & welcome Elaine!

You sounds as though you have done good reading up! There is a stickie too that is helpful for new starters, think I read it several times a day at first. I like you have unsuccessfully been dieting for a long time but this time I am getting somewhere but only by sticking to it 100% as I know its the only way I can do it, if I once break it for me it will be a downward spiral. So Good Luck, onwards & downwards hon xx

Thanks lovely!
I need need need to make it work this time... That's why I have started now and not waited 'till after New Year when I could be a stone heavier.
Thanks for the wishes guys xx

Day 2!
(first day on tabs though!)

Plan for today!

Exercise: 2 x 45 min walks (1/1 done)

Breakfast: Strawberry slim fast shake (surprisingly nice, who knew!!) 1 xen

Snack: 1 x sugar free jelly

Lunch: Jacket potato with spaghetti hoops @ salad. Plus a low fat vanilla yogurt. 1 xen

Snack: banana

Dinner: organic tomato & basil soup. 2 x bloomer bread, no butter. 1 xen

Snack: apple

Drinks:

No diet coke!
Lots of water & squash + 2 teas

Hope this is right! (and that I continue to
Stick to it!) x

Beware: tmi!

Oh goodness ... Don't know wether it's the crap from the weekend because haven't gone over on fat today but after my third tablet ... Bus ride was okay then I had to practically leg it in to work just now!

Eeek! 10 hour shift awaits me - wish me' luck x

My guess the culprit was the spaghetti hoops :-(
You will find that certain foods even though listed as low fat etc. just don't agree with xenical. You will find that you will eliminate such foods as you progress.
Mr Tango can creep up when you least expect it.
Good luck with your weightloss

Spaghetti hoops should have been fine. Did the soup have cream in it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I often have the full normal size tin. There's little fat in it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi guys!
The spaghetti hoops were a small tin but hmmm will look out for that!
The soup was a low fat tomato one so think that was okay :)

Thanks for tips - much better day today (but in fact have not - gone -) will see what happens - haha!

Food:

Breakfast: strawberry slim fast, weetabix oaty bar (1 xen)

Lunch: lighter choices chicken Tika, 2 x oranges, ww yog and mini meringue nest (mmmm these are SO good) (2 xen)

Dinner: low fat tomato soup. 2 x bloomer bread with 1 thing of butter (spread on 2) (1 xenical before realising I HAD butter... Thus am waiting anxiously!)

Drinks: 1 diet irn bru, 2 x tea with skimmed milk and 9 glasses of water

Exercise: walked to and from work - 50 mins each way

Good luck everyone! Not long 'till Christmas... What do you have planed diet wise? x

Lost 9lbs! Wooo x

Thank you guys <3 and merry christmas xx

Back