Xenical info for New Starters!!..

hypno1 said:
Hi everyone, starting again but this tim very determined to do it as I am now at my heaviest and it hasfinally hit me I have to do something about this now!! I willneed a TT after I lose the weight as I am only 5ft 2" and weigh 15st 5lb and hope to lose at least 6 stone (hopefully nearer 7) and i've have had 3 c-sections in just over 4 1/2yrs and one of them was with twins so you can imagine what my tummy already looks like! Can't afford it but goingto worry about that when the time comes and just concentrate on losing this weight. I am hoping to lose around 2lb per week until Xmas and after that I will be happy with anything, even if it is just 1lb a week.

Hey!! U sound like ur ready for this and good luck for your near future losses :) xxxx

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia arc using MiniMins

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here and just wanted to find out what I'm doing so wrong as it's really getting me down. I've never really been a big eater but last Monday I was put on xenical as I have a fat infiltration showing on my liver, Doctor said its nothing really bad but if I got my weight down it would probably sort itself out. I have told him plenty of times I'm not a big eater yet for no reason whenever I lose weight which is extremely difficult I end up gaining it back through no reason whatsoever at about a pound a week. Before I had my son 5 years ago I was a size 8 and forever obsessed with counting calories as in my eyes, being 'fat' was the worse thing possible. Even though I carried on my over obsession with food I went from 8 and a half stone to 13 and a half. It sounds awful but I only decided to breastfeed as a I kept being told it helps to lose the llbs. Well it didn't, lol the lowest I ever got to was 10 stone 13 when my son was about 2 when I was doing weight watchers and was on reductil. Even then I really struggled each week with the weigh ins and resorted to laxatives the night before my weigh in just so I wouldn't feel humiliated that I was the only one who hadn't lost anything. Now 3 years later I'm the highest weight I have ever been at 14 stone 9 and im so repulsed by myself that I have let this happen. Being put on Xenical was a last chance for me, I had been on them for a short time before but didn't no to much about it and found the side effects to much to handle so I stopped taking them. Now because I knew what the side effects were like everyday I have been making sure I have no more than 15g of fat per meal. And I have had nothing, no side effects, not even one pound of weight loss. I was really down on Sunday and thought I would have the day off and have my normal Sunday roast and see if that kick started anything but still nothing! I feel so depressed today as I don't want to look like this anymore, I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror, I avoid meeting up with people I haven't seen for a while just so they don't have to see I have gained weight. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? No side effects normally means your doing everything right but I have now been on the tablets 8 days with not even a pound of weight loss :'(

Hi Deedee, first of all please try not to get disheartened, although no weight loss is showing yet perhaps it will show next week, my Docs actually says you should only get weighed once a month so you see a true picture.... I see you say you have had 15g fat per meal & with no side effects I am also guessing you are making that 15g up from foods which are less than 5g per 100g. Are you taking 3 tablets a day? Maybe start a diary up in the xenical diary forum so we can see what you are eating & see if we can work out what may be going wrong. Please believe that you can do this honey xx

Hi all - newbie here!

I've been on Xenical for 9 days now and I'm finding it really horrible. I started at 113.5kg and am now 111.5 (17st 12 to 17st 8) which I am really happy about.

But

I am so bloated, I have to pass a stool more than 3 times a day, I have incredibly bad wind - which i can't pass unless im on a loo! I feel sick and have a constant stomach ache.

I've stuck to the same food everyday.

Breaky - Porridge 110 cal, 3.2g fat

Snack - Orange

Lunch - Slimfast 211 cals and 3.9 fat

Snack - plum

Dinner - quorn sausages z 2, 120cal and 4.6g fat with veg and rice 405 cal with 2g fat

Evening snack - celery and salsa with 1 biscuit

I don't understand!! I'm going away at the end of the month with a group of students on a hiking trip - aka no toilets!

I was expecting it to be hard, but this is awful!

It's awful that your having those side-effects. I can only speak for myself and say that only get them if eat over 5g fat per 100g or over around 12-15g fat per meal. The only thing I can see is the biscuit. Also, that the calorie count is pretty low. Not sure that these account for your symptoms. I don't know if the food your eating is very different from your usual diet, in which case your body is maybe adjusting to new food and medication. If it continues you may need to let your doctor know incase the xen is not suitable for you. I hope it gets better really soon.

I am/was bullimic. I tend to eat well for a while and then eat everything in sight. My dr said that I could try these (as im morbidly obese) to try and get my weight down and to discourage for eating so much bad stuff! So far is the longest I've been without a binge in 6 years so the fear factor is working, but I'm terribly unhappy in the process.

Getting a lot of weight related problems now, so need to do something.

Has your gp got you access to additional support like psychology? They can help with binge eating issues. The orlistat may help, as the fear of the consequences can keep you on the straight and narrow alot of the time. You can get help with binge eating. I know alot of gps send people to dieticians, but a therapeutic support can be helpful too xx

Found this info so useful! Thank you x

Very helpful! How do I go on eating out? I'd rather avoid it but not always possible with friends and family etc !

Eating out is do-able but you need to be careful where you choose, I find pubs are best as you can go for chicken, steak, gammon (not ok for some people) with new potatoes & veg. I haven't been near an italian since I started even though it was my favourite - its my goal weight celebratory meal!!! Nandos & Harvester have options too & I believe the Pizza Hut Pizettas are ok. I have to be honest & say it caused a problem with one friend who said my diet was stopping us doing things we used to enjoy doing (eating naughty food) & I said it wasn't I just had to choose different places to eat....

Hi all i am new to taking this and also new to the forum so Hi to all

I have been on these tablets for only a week and have found it ok up to now had no bad side affects, as i understand what you can eat is no more that 15g of fat per meal 3 times a day to no more that 45g a day which i havent found a problem

As i am a really fussy eater i don't like meat there is only a hand full of things i eat that fall in to the category (all the hight fat high cals totaly cut out) that i can eat to keep within the range i am allowed i think the thing i use the most is margarine i use flora light (but i think i get away with that as i haven't had and bad side affects like i said above)

Does anyone know any sort of mints/gums that are ok to have through the day (just a few at a time)

i have worked out i have between 10-13g fat per meal and between 1200-1350 cals per day i snack on fruit and have the odd sugar free jelly pot

I am going to keep going at what i am having and not weight myself untill i have taken them for a month (do you think the above grams of fat and cals are ok to continue with)

Hello I'm new to this forum and to xenical
I haven't been given much information on what foods I can and can't eat, I have heard of bad side effects? The usual things I eat are
Jacket potatoes with beans butter coleslaw
Steak and salad
Chicken veg gravy sometimes mash potato
Chicken Kabab with pitta bread
Beans on toast
Scrambled egg on toast
Bagel and soft cheese
Weight watchers soup
Are these ok to eat? Anything else to recommend? What should I avoid? Can I drink alcohol as I'm at a hen night and a wedding the next two Saturdays other than that I'm nit a big drinker unless it's a family birthday, I really don't want any accidents lol
Thanks any help will be great x

waynehay1985 said:
Hi all i am new to taking this and also new to the forum so Hi to all

I have been on these tablets for only a week and have found it ok up to now had no bad side affects, as i understand what you can eat is no more that 15g of fat per meal 3 times a day to no more that 45g a day which i havent found a problem

As i am a really fussy eater i don't like meat there is only a hand full of things i eat that fall in to the category (all the hight fat high cals totaly cut out) that i can eat to keep within the range i am allowed i think the thing i use the most is margarine i use flora light (but i think i get away with that as i haven't had and bad side affects like i said above)

Does anyone know any sort of mints/gums that are ok to have through the day (just a few at a time)

i have worked out i have between 10-13g fat per meal and between 1200-1350 cals per day i snack on fruit and have the odd sugar free jelly pot

I am going to keep going at what i am having and not weight myself untill i have taken them for a month (do you think the above grams of fat and cals are ok to continue with)

Hi & welcome

Sorry I didn't see your message as it was on the sticky thread. Sounds ok to me your cals & fat. Cals may be a little low depending on what you weigh. I used to eat haribo a lot when on xen & was fine. Boiled sweets worked for me too as they last longer.... Good Luck with your journey x

mammy1 said:
Hello I'm new to this forum and to xenical
I haven't been given much information on what foods I can and can't eat, I have heard of bad side effects? The usual things I eat are
Jacket potatoes with beans butter coleslaw
Steak and salad
Chicken veg gravy sometimes mash potato
Chicken Kabab with pitta bread
Beans on toast
Scrambled egg on toast
Bagel and soft cheese
Weight watchers soup
Are these ok to eat? Anything else to recommend? What should I avoid? Can I drink alcohol as I'm at a hen night and a wedding the next two Saturdays other than that I'm nit a big drinker unless it's a family birthday, I really don't want any accidents lol
Thanks any help will be great x

Hi & welcome

The basic rule is no foods that have more than 5g fat per 100g so butter & probably coleslaw unless it's home made with Hellmans lighter than light mayo are out. Kebab if it's chicken breast meat should be ok with no sauce. Steak with all visible far trimmed was ok for me. Eggs are ok for some but not for others. Mashed potato depends what you mash it with, I use Hellmans lighter than light mayo for it but don't have it often as its not the same.... I found it really made me do home cooked meals & as a result the whole family is so much healthier, hubby has lost nearly 3 stone since January!!!! Good Luck with your journey x

I'm going on a hen night and we r going for. Meal at an Italian, what would you recommend to eat?

I'm going on a hen night and we r going for. Meal at an Italian, what would you recommend to eat?

So sorry only just seen your thread, not sure if you have already been but I would say pasta with a tomato based sauce would be safest, no parmesan on top obviously... xx

hi I am new to forums and also dieting with support. I usually burry my head in the sand and probably last no more than two weeks @_@.
I really like exercising but it hates me ... I have weak crumbly knees and I am currently on crutches. I am starting my journey on xenical tomorrow (fingers crossed, I hear there are low supplies ... ) I am a bit nervous about the whole journey as I am so used to failing and giving but its time for change .

Von x

hey :-D im new on the forum and im just about to start orlistat.ive got a quick wee question.i know about the 5g per 100g and dont exceed the 45g per day rule but i was looking at the back of a ready meal box and it says that thetr is 2.8g per 100g but next to it it say per pack there is 10g. so is this ok to eat as its only 2.8g per 100g.lol.hope that doesnt sound to confusing.lol.xxxxxx

Back