Xenical info for New Starters!!..

muffintops said:
hey :-D im new on the forum and im just about to start orlistat.ive got a quick wee question.i know about the 5g per 100g and dont exceed the 45g per day rule but i was looking at the back of a ready meal box and it says that thetr is 2.8g per 100g but next to it it say per pack there is 10g. so is this ok to eat as its only 2.8g per 100g.lol.hope that doesnt sound to confusing.lol.xxxxxx

Yes that is fine xx

Hi all.. I am new to the site and just taken my very first orlistat tablet...I'm very scared but I really need this to work! Any advice and support would be gratefully received x. I have about 3 and a half stone to lose and have been given a 3 month supply of tablets from the doctor to start with....wish me luck xx

Hi all.. I am new to the site and just taken my very first orlistat tablet...I'm very scared but I really need this to work! Any advice and support would be gratefully received x. I have about 3 and a half stone to lose and have been given a 3 month supply of tablets from the doctor to start with....wish me luck xx

Hi & welcome, we are a friendly bunch on here. This is the best thread to read to make sure you are doing it right, it was my bible when I started last year. xx

Hi

I am new to the site.
I have started taken the Orlistat/Xenical 120mg last week. Took a few days to kick in. I missed taking 2 tablets on Saturday as I didnt want any accidents while I was out. And started them again on Sunday as normal, but I havent been to the toilet since Saturday (its now Monday) Is this normal? Will it take another few days to kick in? And I have been eating fatty stuff :/

Thanks

Hi why don't you start a diary on the diaries section..

If your having toliet issues, I did when I started
1) more water
2) loads veg 3-4 cups daily
3) prune juice, prunes in natural juice - tesco's breakfast pots.
4) aloe Vera juice is good for indigestion etc

A lot of us use myfitnesspal web cal counter - which is also a free phone app.

Hello... I'm about to "pop my first pill" in the morning!
Partly excited- partly scared - but as a serial dieter who starts and gives up within weeks - I am hoping this will give me the kick up the arse I ned and keep me on the straight and narrow.
I appreciate it isn't a miracle cure - but I think it will stop me cheating and doing all the mindless eating - just because its there!

I am not sure whether I should join SW as well - but after reading this forum I'm a bit worried there are still too many foods on it that are too high in fat!?
Also is there something I can use to check the fat in various foods?
Just had a Baileys with ice -as a last hurrah - so here I go on a new journey.......

fridaygirl said:
Hello... I'm about to "pop my first pill" in the morning!
Partly excited- partly scared - but as a serial dieter who starts and gives up within weeks - I am hoping this will give me the kick up the arse I ned and keep me on the straight and narrow.
I appreciate it isn't a miracle cure - but I think it will stop me cheating and doing all the mindless eating - just because its there!

I am not sure whether I should join SW as well - but after reading this forum I'm a bit worried there are still too many foods on it that are too high in fat!?
Also is there something I can use to check the fat in various foods?
Just had a Baileys with ice -as a last hurrah - so here I go on a new journey.......

Hi there are a few here that do SW and just avoid the foods not in the rules. Most basic rule being 5g of fat per 100g, 15g total fat per meal, 45g total fat per day - doesn't matter if you eat less fat than that.

Most of us use myfitnesspal.com or iPhone app which is free. If your in the minimins website not phone app you can see the link in my profile to add people to myfitnesspal. Myfitnesspal is a cal counter - a really good one.

Well done on choosing to change your life one step at a time :)

Hi eveveryone well after doing a bit of reading on here, and paying a visit to my doctor yesterday when I burst into tears about my weight, I will be starting on orlistat hopefully next week. I've got to go for a blood test on Thursday to check my liver is ok, then will be starting.

Ive got about 10 stone to lose, so will need lots of support, so will be on here a lot!

apparently there is a pack you get when you start, did everyone else get this?

hi I got my first months supply from doctor today but am really scared to start it as she put the fear of god into me by saying i will need to wear pads all the time and will have accidents without any warning .This has me worried as i work night shift so cant have that happening at work.Has any one got any sample menus of whats ok to eat please

Hi if you stick to the rules !!!! Nothing will happen side effects wise :) but the moment you eat deep fried foods/ takeaways / cook with too much oil / eat foods with high fat content - expect the worst!!!

Rules : check all packets for nutritional info look in the 100g column, not the per portion column!!!

If the item is 5g of total fat or less per 100g - you can eat it! Anything over - your likely to expect really bad side effects!!

In a day 45g total fat per day, aprox 15g fat per meal - but not in one item!

Take tablets with food, 3 x day - main meals

Sample breakfast:
turkey bacon rashers/ or lean bacon no fat - sainsbury and tesco do these. With baked beans.

Omelette with sliced tomatoes cooked using fry light cooking spray - or in microwave ??

Wheatbix with fruit and skimmed milk

Lunch: lean meats (chicken no skin, lean lamb & beef) loads salad - low fat mayo - dressing etc

Dinner: lean meats, loads veges, baked potatoes with low fat yogurt on top..

Most of the supermarkets to low fat ready meals - WW meals are ok - too including their pizza etc - just check labels and remember your portion sizes !!

Myfitnesspal.com or phone app is fantastic for tracking your cals and fat content of recipes

It about being aware of how much fat you are eating per item - remember fruit and veg are low fat and very good for you!! ;)

Beware low fat - high sugar items - can stall weight loss!! Plus also create blood sugar highs and lows, which can cause you to feel more hungry as your craving your next sugar high!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Doctors like that should be reported. What a stupid, irresponsible thing to say, not to mention ignorant, she should know about the drugs she is dispensing.
Good luck, stick to the rules as above and you will be absolutely fine.

KB

I had the same fears as you as work in a call centre but sticking to the rules I never had a problem at all.... It was the best decision I ever made. I was on xen for 4 months & it was such a help to make me eat the right way & now 17 months later I'm over 7 stone lighter. Good luck with your journey x

No need to have fear of them... They just dont want you to take them as it costs them so they dont have to give you the next prescription... Besides a month of alli is 60 pound :O but ive been on them a week and a half and not been bad but not good with eating and had no accidents what so ever:) hope this helps although dont go and eat a big mac after youve had a pill... Then your asking for it haha xx

Back