Xenical info for New Starters!!..

sushisu said:
Well done Anika:happy096: thats a fab loss already!
I'm trying to stop weighing myself b4 sat (my w.i day) but its very tempting............lets hope I do as well as you xxx

im sure ul do fab nicky just stay positive :)

Well really pleased and suprised with the scales this morning- a 3lb loss since last weigh in on Sat morn- whoo hoo:bliss:

Thanks guy's, it's great to have your support.
Feeling a little bloated today, but reading different threads on here that's not uncommon!
Hope you are all having a good week too :)

Hi Rach,
I'm picking your brain again:help2:
I've got my cousins hen night on sat which is a meal in an Italian restaurant! I've decided I'll have plain pasta in a tomato sauce but I know they will probably have used Olive Oil in the cooking- so I wasn't gonna have my pill just in case. Do you think I can just miss out the evening meal tab or should I not take any that day- What do you do if you go out to eat?
Thanks
Nicky
x

It might be wiser to avoid the tablet for the whole day, i have tried it just for the one meal before and still had side effects, and maybe be careful taking them the next day too!! But just make sure you stick low fat, you could always ask if they are cooking it in oil and see if maybe they could do it without it for you!! So frustrating when you go out and cant guarantee low fat!!

Thanks Rach,
I think I'll take your advice and miss taking the tabs all day, really don't want to be embarrased infront of so many young, gorgeous looking girls. They are all in their mid twenties with no kids and fabulous figures and clothes- so you could say I'm not really looking fwd to it anyway!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, i hate going out sometimes, especially when i know everyone there would be stunning looking!! You will be one of them soon, your making big changes in your life for your health and the way you feel about yourself!! You have mad a brilliant start!! I know how it feels to have a lot of weight to lose, so if you ever need to chat you know where i am!!

Well survived the night out- and all ok with missing that day's tabs. Had my wi this morning tho and stayed the same- so a bit dissapointed if Iam honest :cry:

hii all, i've read so much about xenical that i thought i would ask how you got taking this drug. It has taken me like 2 years to lose 2 stone and a half and i reli would like to try this my bmi is obese and when i went to the doctors two years ago they told me to diet and exercise and gave me a free gym thing for a week. i didn't take it seriously but now i am i have dramatically changed my diet because i have read so much about conditions through being obese so please could anyone give me any advice when talking to the doctor as my doctors quite strict at what she gives out. Even when i had depression for a year she just kept sending me to counsellors. My weight plays a big part in my depression and it makes me very paranoid i want to be the me that i no i am behind all this flab and i'm really trying i cook healthy meals and have limited my portion sizes i don't snack i eat three meals a day and take the dogs out for hour long walks. any advice for me?

jebibee said:
hii all, i've read so much about xenical that i thought i would ask how you got taking this drug. It has taken me like 2 years to lose 2 stone and a half and i reli would like to try this my bmi is obese and when i went to the doctors two years ago they told me to diet and exercise and gave me a free gym thing for a week. i didn't take it seriously but now i am i have dramatically changed my diet because i have read so much about conditions through being obese so please could anyone give me any advice when talking to the doctor as my doctors quite strict at what she gives out. Even when i had depression for a year she just kept sending me to counsellors. My weight plays a big part in my depression and it makes me very paranoid i want to be the me that i no i am behind all this flab and i'm really trying i cook healthy meals and have limited my portion sizes i don't snack i eat three meals a day and take the dogs out for hour long walks. any advice for me?

hi hon
i had to go back to my doctor 3 times each time being a different doctor, they all believe that the pills dont work and refused to give em to me. so i started taking alli which is half the dose of xenical. by the 3rd time i went back i had lost 4lbs thats when they realised i meant business lol so they gave in and handed me the prescription which was an amazing day :)
the key is to be persistant so if they do refuse keep going back. be honest and tell em that its affecting you mentally.
lets hope you get lucky first time round
good luck hon x

thankyou for the advice i will consider trying alli if they keep refusing me which they shouldn't really since i'm taking my health seriously now! lol may i be nosey and ask if you have lost more lbs on xenical than alli? and how much can u be expected to lose? i have the apointment booked for weds so i'll probs be in floods of tears talking to my doctor about weight loss once again!

jebibee said:
thankyou for the advice i will consider trying alli if they keep refusing me which they shouldn't really since i'm taking my health seriously now! lol may i be nosey and ask if you have lost more lbs on xenical than alli? and how much can u be expected to lose? i have the apointment booked for weds so i'll probs be in floods of tears talking to my doctor about weight loss once again!

hi xenical does work lil faster iv lost 6lbs in total but i would have probably lost more if i was doing 100% but unfortunately havnt been able to as iv started my new homebased business. iv been out and about for trainings and have to grab whats available sometimes. but im trying to make my own lunches.

alli is pretty good to so dont be disheartened :)
good luck

Hi all. I was prescribed xenical a couple of weeks ago and was told nothing! I saw a different doctor from my usual one. I have had bad toilet incidents and once thought I had done a little fart, but found my knickers were soaked with an orangey yellowy oil which had also leaked and wet my jeans and I smelt dreadfully of poo - thank goodness i was near my home!
I've read a little bit here that I'm supposed to have 5g or less of fat in food, but i am a junk food addict. The side effects aren't so bad now as i time the tablets so that I don't worry about 'incidents' when I'm out and about. But I really don't think the tablets are having any effect at all to be honest.

Can someone please shed some light as to what is going on and what the do's and do nots are please?!? Any side effects etc?

Thanking you all in advance!!!

Help!Zz..

Hey guys, I just want a bit of advice, I've Been on Xenical since May 15th and I've only lost 19 pounds and it's now July 23rd. I've been trying incredibly hard! I go to the gym 6 times a week, I eat 3 very healthy meals a day and have no more than 1000 cals a day. I also eat Alot of fruit and drink alot of water! Its really taking it's time to work.. As last week I was 12 stone 9 and this week I'm still 12 stone 9! Can anyone give me any advice.. I'm really stuck!

I was having the same problem when i first started taking xenical and got really disheartened when i found out i hadnt lost any weight so i thought i would try and experiment and started to include some fats back into my food and a week later i weighed myself again and found that i had lost 7lb, you could be eatting too healthy a diet for the tablets to take effect

Back