Xenical- not working!!!

sunnymonday

I started taking xenical 2 months ago (prescribed by GP). Never missed- had a fairly healthy diet before, so not very many side effects BUT not lost a lb!!! I have started restricting my diet to 1200 calories and cutting out most carbs... Not lost a lb! Does anyone have any idea WHY I can not lose weight?? (ps I've been keeping a food diary, so not cheating!) x

How much do you need to lose? Have you been on the Xenical forum to ask advice? How many calories were you eating before you dropped to 1,200? Sorry, it's difficult to say why you haven't lost weight without knowing a few more details. I've lost just under 9 stone using Xenical and calorie counting, so it definitely can work. :) xx

Hi Tracy,

I'm 5'2" and 91kg- so realistically I have 5 stones to loose. I would eat between 1200 and 1800 prior to. Xenical (I've never been a big eater). I've looked on the xenical forums and not one have said it hasn't worked at all- just that it didn't work for the first couple of weeks etc. my doc said try another month- as I think he was baffled too. So I'm nearly at the end of the month and still no change- not even a lb!! I'm having a healthy breakfast, salad and chicken/salmon etc for lunch and low carb tea (last night for example beef and veg casserole)- will NO snacking!

Well done to you though loosing 9stone- that's incredible!

Sunnymonday x

Thank you! Hmm, don't know what to advise you really - as you say, you should be losing on that sort of calorie level. I started off on about 1,800 and now have around 1,500, though I am taller at 5'8". I suppose sticking with it is really the only thing to do, unsatisfactory though that is! Obviously Xenical isn't a wonder drug, it only boosts losses a little bit and gives you a bit of an incentive to stay on track because of fear of the consequences! But it seems like you're doing the right things, so it is puzzling. Maybe repeat your question on the Xen forum to see if anyone there has any suggestions? :) xx

Back