xmas day starter ideas

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tracie Green, 1 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yo..

what everyone doing 4 their xmas starter, not nessesarily sw food, im having xmas day and boxing day off x any suggestions other than prawn cocktaiol??? x;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Susiewoosie

Susiewoosie In it to lose it

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats all I can get my dad to eat. I'm cheeting this year though and buying the finest ones from Tesco.

4. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    we usually have smoked salmon (free on red) for our starter, with nice little salad and a couple of melba toasts (or slice or granary bread), squeeze of lemon over it and voila! Very simple but tastes amazing (so long as you're a fan of smoked salmon of course)!

5. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    We usually have smoked salmon with cream cheese in the centre, rolled up into little rolls, then lemon juice over and a crisp salad. YUM.

We're not doing a starter this year though as it makes us all too full..... I love Xmas Dinner! x

6. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldnt be able to manage a starter. When my aunt stayed with my mum she served us up melon and fruit (how 70's is that :D) but anything heavier and I wouldnt have room for pud, which would be just wrong!

7. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    no way!! it has to be three courses i am having one day off and thats it but i intend to eat what i want in moderation , if that includes bacon 2sandwiches and a bottle of baileys plus xmas dinner then so be it.

8. Percy greenfingers

Percy greenfingers Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love a nice Mushroom and Sherry Soup and a small crusty roll. Sounds filling, but if you eat that and don't put the veg on until you've finished (Terry Wogan's wrong, Sprouts don't take a month to cook) then you've got 15 mins to let it all go down.
    We're not doing tradition this year, we're having hot spicy Chicken Wings, main course still undecided, Strawberry cheescake and cheese and biscuits and port.....Can't wait.

9. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like the idea of the chicken wings. We are not having turkey. We have bought those boneless joints. 1 beef and 1 chicken. They were on offer for 2 for £10 in Tesco. My hubby finds turkey too dry. I love all white meat though :eatdrink023:

10. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    Last year I did butternut squash and chille soup. Didn't serve a whole bowlfull and it was a lovely starter. Not sure what to do this year.

Oh and on the Turkey being dry, I didnt realised last year that I accidentally cooked mine upside down (dont ask!!) and it was the moistest bird I'd ever cooked. Might be making that same mistake again this year hehe, I realised towards the end of the cooking and turned it to brown on top before removing from oven, but it was still so luciously moist.

11. Percy greenfingers

Percy greenfingers Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love Chicken wings, before CD had them before the homemade pizza...Now I just love soup and shakes.......(Honest)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.