Xmas nibbles

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by charlies mummy, 8 November 2011 Social URL.

1. charlies mummy

charlies mummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Dukan newbie
    With Christmas fast approaching and me looking longingly at all the lovely nibbles they are starting to sell in Tesco I wondered if anyone had any alternatives???

I know these are usually packed with:
    a)Fat
    b) Carbs
    c) More of a and b

and they taste yummy.......I am a sucker for sausage rolls and pork pie. :eek: I think I worked it out once and I had about 3000 calories of 'nibbles' :eek::eek::eek:

I thought the following would be good:

Chicken tikka chunks - cut chicken into chunks (suitable for say a cocktail stick) and marinate in some f/f yoghurt and spices. Cook!! Voila.

King prawns - think Lady M has a great little dipping sauce on her recipe thread with ginger and chillis?? Thought they would go great.

Mini quiches - use the silicone bun cases to make individual quiche. Any filling: Tuna, smoked salmon, veggie, chicken, ham etc

Make some mini gallettes (similar to blinis) top with a touch of f/f yoghurt (maybe add herbs if you want) and some smoked salmon

Make a fish pate - mackeral, tinned salmon, tinned tuna etc. Mix it really well, add some f/f yoghurt or quark, some spices or herbs - serve with some veg sticks of cucumber, pepper, cauliflower celery etc

Mini burgers - maybe if you can stick them with cocktail sticks. Make a nice fresh chilli, tomato and coriander salsa to top them with?

Chicken drumsticks
    sliced smoked salmon
    salad
    Boiled eggs sliced in half with a touch of dukan mayo and a dusting of paprika?

For dessert - mini sugar free jelly (get disposable cups and use them), dukan meringues top with some f/f yoghurt and maybe some rhubarb, baked mini egg custards (use the silicone bun cases)

If anyone has any brain waves let me know (especially if you have a dukan friendly recipe for pringle crisps!!):D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Those ideas all sound absolutely fabulous - thanks for sharing!! xx

4. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Quails eggs dusted with celery salt and pepper

Stuffed eggs (half boiled egg, york mashed with chili, quark etc)

Salmon rolled around seasoned quark into "cigarettes" - then dip the ends into chopped herbs or chilli to decorate.

I saw some heart shaped silicon ice-trays yesterday - so mini muffins, flavoured with lemon zest and nutmeg? Or goji berries and cinamon?

Instead of mulled wine - how about fruit tea (hibiscus is a gorgeous fruity red - or apple perhaps) simmered with lemon peel, cloves, a cinnamon stick.

5. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Great thread, I've been really worried about Xmas so this will be a big help!

6. jocandoit

jocandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(13.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Oooh what a great thread!!!! My mouth is watering already!!!!

7. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    This is lovely - we had it last week -

Mix up a few handfuls of spinach (or use frozen) some eggs and seasoning to make an omelette. Cool and cut in half then spread some cottage cheese/home-made 'boursin'/quark and add a layer of smoked salmon to make a sandwich. Then cut into small slices. There were two made (one meant for the next day) but we had to use both as they went down so well.:) Could also be oven cooked in a tin to make a swiss roll (would make for better presentation).

Also, whole fresh prawns (take ages to peel and are nicer than frozen) with quark/passata/paprika dip.

Seafood quiche cut into cubes.

Liver pâté on Dukan crispbread or oatcakes (both recipes on recipe thread, I believe).

Pickled mussels (don't know if they exist in the UK?).

Manda (and maybe others) makes celeriac crisps, so crisps are defintely doable.:)

8. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yum yum yum, only just had lunch but reading this thread is making me feel hungry!

9. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Brilliant ideas!

Also: mini baked cheesecakes (or yoghurt cakes)

And savoury pinwheels - cook a thin omelette (just beat one egg, and then fry to a large thin pancake in a non-stick pan), then roll up with one of the suggested pates, or some spinach & cottage cheese, or anything you fancy. Cut into little pinwheel bites to serve.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.