Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Xmas nibbles

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by charlies mummy, 8 November 2011 Social URL.

1. charlies mummy

charlies mummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Dukan newbie
    With Christmas fast approaching and me looking longingly at all the lovely nibbles they are starting to sell in Tesco I wondered if anyone had any alternatives???

I know these are usually packed with:
    a)Fat
    b) Carbs
    c) More of a and b

and they taste yummy.......I am a sucker for sausage rolls and pork pie. :eek: I think I worked it out once and I had about 3000 calories of 'nibbles' :eek::eek::eek:

I thought the following would be good:

Chicken tikka chunks - cut chicken into chunks (suitable for say a cocktail stick) and marinate in some f/f yoghurt and spices. Cook!! Voila.

King prawns - think Lady M has a great little dipping sauce on her recipe thread with ginger and chillis?? Thought they would go great.

Mini quiches - use the silicone bun cases to make individual quiche. Any filling: Tuna, smoked salmon, veggie, chicken, ham etc

Make some mini gallettes (similar to blinis) top with a touch of f/f yoghurt (maybe add herbs if you want) and some smoked salmon

Make a fish pate - mackeral, tinned salmon, tinned tuna etc. Mix it really well, add some f/f yoghurt or quark, some spices or herbs - serve with some veg sticks of cucumber, pepper, cauliflower celery etc

Mini burgers - maybe if you can stick them with cocktail sticks. Make a nice fresh chilli, tomato and coriander salsa to top them with?

Chicken drumsticks
    sliced smoked salmon
    salad
    Boiled eggs sliced in half with a touch of dukan mayo and a dusting of paprika?

For dessert - mini sugar free jelly (get disposable cups and use them), dukan meringues top with some f/f yoghurt and maybe some rhubarb, baked mini egg custards (use the silicone bun cases)

If anyone has any brain waves let me know (especially if you have a dukan friendly recipe for pringle crisps!!):D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Those ideas all sound absolutely fabulous - thanks for sharing!! xx

4. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Quails eggs dusted with celery salt and pepper

Stuffed eggs (half boiled egg, york mashed with chili, quark etc)

Salmon rolled around seasoned quark into "cigarettes" - then dip the ends into chopped herbs or chilli to decorate.

I saw some heart shaped silicon ice-trays yesterday - so mini muffins, flavoured with lemon zest and nutmeg? Or goji berries and cinamon?

Instead of mulled wine - how about fruit tea (hibiscus is a gorgeous fruity red - or apple perhaps) simmered with lemon peel, cloves, a cinnamon stick.

5. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Great thread, I've been really worried about Xmas so this will be a big help!

6. jocandoit

jocandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(13.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Oooh what a great thread!!!! My mouth is watering already!!!!

7. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    This is lovely - we had it last week -

Mix up a few handfuls of spinach (or use frozen) some eggs and seasoning to make an omelette. Cool and cut in half then spread some cottage cheese/home-made 'boursin'/quark and add a layer of smoked salmon to make a sandwich. Then cut into small slices. There were two made (one meant for the next day) but we had to use both as they went down so well.:) Could also be oven cooked in a tin to make a swiss roll (would make for better presentation).

Also, whole fresh prawns (take ages to peel and are nicer than frozen) with quark/passata/paprika dip.

Seafood quiche cut into cubes.

Liver pâté on Dukan crispbread or oatcakes (both recipes on recipe thread, I believe).

Pickled mussels (don't know if they exist in the UK?).

Manda (and maybe others) makes celeriac crisps, so crisps are defintely doable.:)

8. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yum yum yum, only just had lunch but reading this thread is making me feel hungry!

9. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Brilliant ideas!

Also: mini baked cheesecakes (or yoghurt cakes)

And savoury pinwheels - cook a thin omelette (just beat one egg, and then fry to a large thin pancake in a non-stick pan), then roll up with one of the suggested pates, or some spinach & cottage cheese, or anything you fancy. Cut into little pinwheel bites to serve.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.