Xmas plans?

moanz

Just wondering what you're all doing over Xmas with your various states of dieting?
I've got a big family reunion in Nottingham at the end of November, a work do 13th Dec then of course we'll be entertaining over Xmas. (one challenge after another):sigh:
I feel quite anxious about the whole thing tbh.
I'm going to forgo the work do, its not the end of the world, meal-out etc.
The thing troubling me the most is the family-meet, its a very special one, with a sit dwon meal etc. Can you get away with a low-carb meal on 'one day' without it putting you out of ketosis?
Are you all having Xmas day off too??
Simone x

we have my inlaws staying for xmas, not sure what will happen as far as food is concerned, will cross that bridge when I come to it I guess!!

Sticking to LT 100% Not coming off it till I get down to my ideal weight!! :):)

Hoping to be at a weight i'm happy with by then:innocent0001:

Hi hun, I have had a number of sit down meal type do's whilst on LT and have just attended, ordered bits and passed them out to family members, others have just not eaten. This is an option but not something you may be comfortable with.

It is an option to just have your shakes as normal and make a low carb selection for your meal. This isn't advocated but lots of people will do this if necessary.

There are two problems with this, first eating at all could make it difficult to keep on track, you will only know from experience.

Secondly you won't be able to tell until after whether the most low carb option will keep you in ketosis just cos of the way it is prepared etc. But even if you come out of ketosis it won't necessarily mean you get no weight loss, just lower.

The biggest issue is alcohol, if you plan to drink then the medical advice is you must refeed and come out of ketosis or alcohol could make you very ill.

I'm no expert but hope this helps, I would avoid like the plague eating but only because I am a person for whom it is the slippery slope, everyone is different. Good luck with your decision x

I'm going to Spain on an all inclusive on the 27th till new year. Hopefully be at a weight I will want to maintain by then! Christmas scares me a bit.

I honestly don't know what ill'e be doing at x'mas,it will depend on if i still have weight to lose or not... cross that bridge when i get there!
i'm pretty sure i won't be touching a morsal if iv'e still got weight to lose... caz x

not sure what i'll weigh then i still have 48lbs to go!!!!! My last weigh-in was friday but weighed myself today, says i've lost another lb! I've 10 weigh-ins til the 19th of Dec so if i lose on avg 4.8lbs a wk i'm ok but doubt i will!!!! If i'm couple lbs off my goal ie up to 7lbs MAX!!! I might start refeed and keep to maintenance to lose the last few! If i'm too far off i guess it'll be a choc shake for xmas for me!!!!!

xmas

:) im glad someone has mentioned this subject, its a hard one, i have been wondering what to do, think ill cross that bridge when it gets closer. I really want to be able to enjoy christmas day with my daughters, and enjoy the xmas dinner which i will have to cook:). But its so hard to know what to do for the best. When i started this my idea was to do it till dec then refeed through xmas an new yr, then go back to my 3 shakes a day. xx im sure we will do what is best for us, i want to enjoy xmas:) x x

Hi deflating sorry I didn't answer your question earlier my target is 9st 11lb partly cos this would mean an 8stone loss which seems a neat number somehow. Am hoping to get to 10st then lose last bit on refeed.

Xmas is a tricky one really I am hoping to be at target or thereabouts by then, so will be eating most likely. I am determined not to go mad tho and am a bit nervous if all goes well that it isn't a great time to refeed just before the eating season!!!

I don't want to sound a lush but am really looking forward to some bubbly, probably as much as food.

I'm sure we will be fine but I think it is a bit early to make any definite decisions. Just think how much hotter we will by then, whatever we decide to do over Xmas x

Whatever anyone does then good luck with it :)

Just want to say I sole sourced on Xmas Day back in 2005 and was one of the BEST Xmas days I have ever had, I was full of energy and was doing charades in the lounge at 10pm where normally I would be drunk and overfull on the sofa snoozing by 8pm.

That day made me realise more than anything that you don't need food to spend time with your friends and family!!

Good point Moose! I'm still not sure about it, i may very well stick to plan, i'm quite confused about the whole re-feed/maintenance thing??

Terrifying!!

not sure what i'll weigh then i still have 48lbs to go!!!!! My last weigh-in was friday but weighed myself today, says i've lost another lb! I've 10 weigh-ins til the 19th of Dec so if i lose on avg 4.8lbs a wk i'm ok but doubt i will!!!! If i'm couple lbs off my goal ie up to 7lbs MAX!!! I might start refeed and keep to maintenance to lose the last few! If i'm too far off i guess it'll be a choc shake for xmas for me!!!!!

i could have wrote this post its how i fill about xmas ... guess we have to wait n see xx

Good point Moose! I'm still not sure about it, i may very well stick to plan, i'm quite confused about the whole re-feed/maintenance thing??

Terrifying!!

Don't let it be that for you! It is dead exciting and the next phase of the new you! All about finding moderation and new patterns in your life to do that.

If you enjoy maintaining then you'll do it forever, if you worry about it then you will focus on being big again and that is not a good strategy (IMO)

M.

I was wondering what to do about xmas as well. My goal was 2 stones for my bday. I want to eat on my bday as it's my 21st (again) and my bf is goin into a lot of trbl for it. I didn't know whether to end at my bday or refeed and get back on shakes for xmas and then refeed for over xmas and back on shakes. Or to refeed at bday and maintain/go back to SW (hopefully my eating habits would have changed). I don't know what to do. It keeps changing, i guess i will decide closer to the time.

Mmm...i have thought about this too...like others have said, will have to wait and see how i do?...its a tough one...before we know it, christmas will be here!!

I'm going to be a complete scrooge this year when it comes to Xmas festivities..

I've got too many plans for next year to be coming on and off LT, so i've decided to stay on it until target weight.

David

Back