Yam's #2 Meal Week

Yambabe

Bad Girl
Well here we are finally on the first day of Week 13 and the morning of my second add-a-meal week. I'm not hopeful of any great losses this week as part of the reason I chose to do the meals this week was cause I have a big party to go to next Saturday where I fully intend to sample the hog roast and have a glass of wine.

Because we'll be away Sat & Sunday I'm going to cheat a bit. :eek: Well not cheating really I suppose, just messing about with my weigh-ins. Next WI will be on Friday, then back to Sunday the week after that. I'm hoping this means any hog-roast excesses will be cancelled out bt a week back on TS before I do an official WI, although no doubt I will do a sneaky peek when I get back just to see how it's gone!

Anyway back to food, slurp. I'm adding a couple of "off-plan" items this time, just to see what happens. I'm planning at some point in the next few days to have leeks, mushrooms, a small amount of carrot and some wensleydale cheese, just to see what happens. :)

Starting with a simple stir-fry again later today, I'm off to marinade some prawns now and will get back to you later with a recipe and calorie-count.

It's been 8 weeks since my last meal week and although the NICE guidelines say 12 is OK as a maximum, if I'm honest I'd have to say that for me personally I think it's been too long. I've found the last 2-3 weeks very very hard and have nibbled on the odd mouthful of stuff much more than I should have. You will note I haven't been in the HONK thread for yonks now!

So I'm hoping that being back on food this week will mean nibbling is not required and next week when I get back to TS I will have a bit better grip on my appetite. Fingers crossed!

You sound like your feeling a bit guilty before the 'add a meal week' has even happened Yam!

Remember life is for enjoying, and im sure you will be fine, and you'll still loose some weight! im not aloud to do total solution for another 5 weeks, but ive still found that im loosing on the WS/SS.
You'll also find that you cant eat as much as you used to!

last friday we took the kids to Wimpey for dinner (a bribe tactic for the week!) i had a big chicken burger and chips, followed by a huge piece of chocolate fudge cake & icecream which i shockingly couldnt finish - but i found that where i ate so much it literally went straight through me!!!:eek:

Good luck Yam!

Cheers. :) I don't think I'm guilty exactly, I'm just worried that I may lose the plot a bit next weekend as it'll be my first big social event since starting the diet and I WILL be having a drink. I think I'll be OK, it will be a useful test........

Right, today's food list. I kept it easy to start with and went for more or less the same as last time.

So, take a tablespoon of low-fat yoghurt with a teaspoon of chilli powder and 2 teaspoons of garlic puree, stir well, throw in 150g king prawns and leave in the fridge all day.

Stir-fry 30g courgette, 50g asparagus, 60g pak choi, 75g beansprouts and 50g mangetout in a non-stick wok, using a teaspoon of chilli oil with a teaspoon of dried garlic added whilst the oil is heating. Once all the veg is cooked through (I like it crunchy) drain off any excess liquid and add the prawns, stirring just long enough for them to warm through.

I've also had a handful of grapes (about 20) and a small (10g approx) piece of cheese as a snack today.

Total cals for the day 385. 26g carbs (bit high there), 13g fat, 43g protein.

Problem today has been fitting in my packs. I should still be having 3 according to the rules, or at the very least 2. So far I've only had 2 half-shakes and certainly at the moment I'm not in the least bit hungry and not wanting anything else. I will try to fit another shake in before bedtime I think, even if I have to force it down. Don't want to be eating too little over the course of the day!

Today has been a fish day, I picked up some smoked river cobbler from Asda and have done that with some steamed veg and a cheese(ish) and parsley sauce.

So, take 180g fish (I was hungry lol), and poach in semi-skimmed milk in a frying pan. Steam cauli (150g), broccoli (50g) and asparagus (20g). Add a teaspoon of oil and some freshly-ground sea salt to 40g of curly kale and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes.

When the fish is done pour all bar a couple of tablespoons of milk away then add 30g of quark and a good handful of chopped fresh parsley to the pan, warm and stir then pour over the fish and veg.

Again I've also had a handful of grapes (about 10 this time) and a very small piece of cheese.

Daily cals 319, 22g carbs, 10g fat, 37g protein.

I'm stuffed now...........:)

Back