Yasmin and PCOS

hcocker

Hi everyone, i have pcos and have just been prescribed Yasmin by my doctor as a contraceptive pill. It isnt to control any sort of pcos symptoms just purely as a birth control that just happens 2 b more suitable for us pcos ladies. however after doing a bit of googleing i have read some bad reviews. Just wondered if anyone on here has any experience with it good or bad before i start taking it?
Thanks xx

Hi, I was put on yasmin for the same reasons and suffered no side effects with it however about a month ago my doctor suggested I changed to another pill as there had been research done that suggests the chances of blood clots are greatly increased with yasmin.
Hope that helps!

I'm on Yasmin for birth control.

What my Dr told me (and she has a keen interest in PCOS) is there is no other pill like it for PCOS. It's a great pill but DOES increase your risk of blood clots/DVT's etc. However this is a risk on any pill, and is more likely the more overweight you are.

Personally I think you'll find bad reviews on ANY pill or medication simply because of the amount of people on that medicine that may have side effects and use the net.

If you're happy to try it and see how you get on, then do it. If not then change your pill to something you're more comfortable with.

Back