Yay! I'm down to a healthy BMI again!

its 10-12 uk, think youre sizes are 1 lower arent they??
so that would be 8-10??

Fantastic Eir, well done on getting to a 'normal' bmi, feels great doesn't it! Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal in no time!

xx

Thanks Charley :) I'd like to be less than 25 too but it's definitely a good first goal. Not much to go now for you! :D

Looks like you're well on your way to 25 too Twinkle :). Yay!

MrsEssex - even when I was 20 BMI (some time ago now) I never wore less than a size 12 bottoms because of the hips. Everyone's different, you're right.

Yeah I think everyone will be a little different with sizing. I noticed that my tops are usually a larger size than the bottoms because of the girls but the smaller I get, the smaller the gap gets. I think at goal I'll probably be a size 6 but I think it would be kind of silly to get a pair of jeans not knowing what size my hips/waist will be. Maybe I'll just stick to looking at cloths online :)

It will be a fun treat for you to go 'real life' shopping when you've reached your chosen goal :).

Congrats Eir -- I was thrilled to get to my healthy BMI and very sad to let it slip away... but I hope to join you soon.

Hi Ase -- I am not quite 5'4" and when I was 131 lbs (9 stone 6), I was wearing a size 8/10 in jeans and 6/8 in dress slacks (U.S.).

If I were you, Ase, I'd buy myself (if I could afford it) the cute jeans in a 12, 10 and an 8. Then, you'd be able to wear them when you'd be looking really good in them! And, use them to check your progress.

You will not be able to wear your present clothes as you lose the weight -- it gets just plain silly looking, anyway.

I bought bits along the way down -- not a lot -- but I needed some things. And, then I got rid of them the minute they were too big.

Once I was at goal -- I could wear my teenage son's size 18 boys jeans! When I started to regain -- I had very few things that I could wear, so I was forced to to restart. I just was not willing to buy bigger clothes. It was a motivator for me.

MinnieMel

I am already able to get some of my "thin" clothes back on. Not the size 8/10 jeans (yet). And, I am hippy with chunky thighs -- even when thin. As my mother would say, "You have an hour glass figure with all the sand at the bottom."

So, cute jeans might be a good thing to have to hang up and try on periodically.

Thanks Minnie!

The nice thing is I have clothing down until size 10 because I was right around 160 last year. So really I just need to worry about 10-6ish. The more I think about it, I'm a bit afraid to go and buy jeans because right now, I can only wear one style of jeans due to my soccer/football thighs (as I like to call them). But I think until I hit my goal-ish area I'll stick to going to the consignment shops where cloths are gently used and really super cheap. $11 for a pair of jeans that was originally $80 is always a beautiful thing!

PS. I feel like I totally hijacked your thread Eir, sorry!

Sorry Eir -- re the hijack.

Ase,

A size 10 (UK 12) when you weighed 160? You must be very small boned. I was wearing a 10 (UK 12) at 140, and I'm just a wee bit taller than you (1/2 to 3/4 inch). Of course, I have very little weight up top LOL.

MM

Last edited:
Back