~Yazzy's LighterLife Lite Dairy~

I just thought that maybe always going back to LL would result into a habit that 'I can only lose weight on LL' or that you can't live without it, I know that will happen with me :(

Would they allow me to go on total? even if my BMI is 28 at the moment?

i dont think they would as they have strict guidelines on starting. its different for refreshers as your bmi could be 25 and you can abstain for a week or two. text your llc. you are doing great though.
the only reason i came back is because i wanted to get the weight off as fast as possible so i can go wedding dress shopping. i need to be 100% as with a wedding to plan we really cant afford this. take care xx

Day 10 - I kinda miss my old habits

I know it's a very nagative thing to think about but I was thinking today about how it was in the past and how I will need to drastically change in the future.

Today is saturday and usually on a saturday, it would be weigh in day. On that day regardless if I lost weight or not, I would allow myself to have a treat of whatever I wanted which would usually be a large cadbury bar or some ben and jerry's. If I behaved the whole week, lost weight I'd have it, usually the whole bar or tub without regret. And if I behaved the following week, I still lost weight.

I'm thinking about the future, how I will drastically have to change my habits, but will I ever be able to enjoy these things? will I be able to enjoy my mothers cooking even? I guess this is where I will learn what it means to eat 'normal'. But, of all the friends that I have grown up with, who don't eat normally and yet don't gain weight, will I know what it is to be normal? or will I forever need to wear an alarm when I encounter food?

Breakfast:
LL toffee bar

Lunch:
LL mushroom soup (ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!)

Dinner:
LL chicken curry

Late:
LL chilli con carne (getting sick of thos one now :jelous:)

Babe

off course you will be able to eat those things in the future!!! it is alljust about balance = moderation is everything. I did my RTM, took my time re introducing my foods. After I was fully on food, I had wine, I had chocolate, I had ice cream I had anything I wanted, just not loads and not all the time.There is nothing wrong with any of them as no food is bad, it is just how we use it and how much of it we eat. I know why i put on a little over the last 2 months - i consciously made bad choices, I knew I was doing it. I just chose not to follow the rules I knew worked for me, stopped eating breakfast again so i snacked later etc. Are you going to class, all these things should be brought up in class and discussed. In RTM you learn what suits your body. I know as much as I love carbs, low gi ones and more protein suit my body better, so i have bread yes, but not every day for every meal... which is what I did in my fat days etc etc....

The reality is I maintained my weight within a kilo of my goal for over a year until i made a conscious decision to go off the rails (part of pushing boundaries) And with the amount I over ate and drank in those 2 months I put on nearly a stone. Another reason for doing total is that it brings my head back to where it needs to be. My sister who did exante has also maintained and has cake and things too but again not every day. She is choosing to rebalance by cutting down her portions and eating more veg and lean protein. It works for her, abstinence works for me - whatever gets you into the zone honey. But please bring up your concerns in class it really will help to put your head at ease.

Hugs

j
xx

I know that I will have to have them very sparsely, probably like how I used to. Like every saturday have what I want but I'm not too sure. I guess I kinda like eating a lot. Despite the horrible weight gain :p

I will definately bring it up, my counceller just intimidates me a little lol

Don't be intimidated honey, this is what class is for... just take it slowly and only worry about today, don't worry about the future yet... it hasnt happened yet, but I am always here if you need to talk. you can always speak to your llc privately before or after class or even email them. You will probably find though that you are eating so many wonderful foods, and new foods ( yes your tastes will change) that you dont feel the need for chocolate as much as you think.

J
xx

Oh btw thanks carrie I didn't realise that you posted earlier :p I don't know if I would switch to total as much as I would love to. I would have to spend £20 extra and we can't afford that right now.

I know I can't worry about the future but it really can't be helped, it's really irratating. And as for new foods, I love all foods, everything, except avocado, I had you avocado *hiss* and I don't want to give up anything lol

Day 11

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot to write in my diary! BLASPHEMY!

Breakfast:
LL vanilla shake mixed with ice. It turned out sooooo thick and ice creamy!

Lunch:
LL vegetable soup

Dinner:
Grilled chicken with chinese five spice with broccoli, cauliflour, green beans and a carrot. With a side of lettuce and tomato.

Late:
LL nut fudge bars

Hey amberelle, it is quite pricey but it does work if you follow it 100%. On my first week I lost 8lbs which is brilliant I could never lose it liek this on any kind of diet.

Go find a local LL councellor via the LL website and go have a 1 to 1 with them.

Day 12 - Week 2 weigh in

Another day, another weigh in. I lost 3.7lbs this week making it a total of 11.9lbs! :)

Very close to reaching my first stone!.

Breakfast:
LL vanilla shake

Lunch:
LL crunchie peanut bar

Dinner:
LL chicken curry with a side salad

Late:
LL chocolate shake

Wow!! Brilliant loss... well done Yasmine!! :D

xx

Thanks girls, hope all is weel for you lot too :)

Hey, I did not too total at all. I couldn't because my BMI was under 30. Why do you ask?

Day 13 - feeling emotional latey

I don't know what it is but I'm getting so tearful and upset these days. I'm just really over sensitive too. I don't know if it's the diet or some insecurities creeping up.

I am worried about this one thing. Me and my bf have been going out for a whole year now and I am worried that it might end soon like my last relationship did. My ex got bored of me and I'm scared that my boyfriend will too. I've had a history with being neglected and replaced, not nessacarily in relationships alone but in general. I don't know, maybe I'm being stupid.

Breakfast:
LL Banana shake

Lunch:
LL nut fudge bar

Dinner:
LL chicken curry

Late:
LL chocolate shake

Calm down dear it's only a commercial :) Jokes.... Yas, you need to stop stressing honey... this is really important, because the only perosn you are stressing is you and it is not a comfortable way to live.

Re the boyfriend thing, I am not sure if you have got to the part of doing thought records yet in group or not, but if you have i suggest you do one now, if not I can explain briefly how they work, but perhaps it is something you can discusse with your LLC (ie how to do them) It is a basic CBT technique which is really helpful.

In a nutshell, right down the thought which is worrisome at the moment eg " I am scared my boyfriend will leave me"

under that draw up 2 columns on with evidence for this thought and the other with evidence against this point.

You will probably find that there is a lot more evidence against this than for it. For eg in evidence for, has your current boyfriend actually done anything to suggest he might break up with you. Or is this a case of you worrying about it because of things that have happened previously???

Once you have your list drawn up, look at it and come up with a more realistic thought. Eg Whilst I have had bad experiences with guys in the past, but my current boyfriend has given me no evidence to suggest he might leave me"

This is what is called thinking in "adult" (as part of Transactional Analysis which you will also do in group"

Looking good on the food side though honey, so good luck, and lots of positive thoughts.

J
xx

Thanks Jez, I guess it's to the fact that maybe he's a little bit too comfortable with me. I hang out with him and his friends who are also my friends and it seems that he forgets that I am not a guy. So when his friends are around and like looking at girls they encourage him to do so too and he does. He doesn't seem to remember that I am a girl therefore I think and feel like one.

I know guys will be guys, it's inevitable for them to be stupid but I would of thought that he would have had the decency and respect to not do it in front of me. And when I confronted him about it, he looked so confused like as if he did absolutely nothing wrong. When I told him how it made me feel he said that I was right and apologised. But I just enough insecurities enough I don't want more.

Back