Yeah but, NO BUTT, Yeah but, .....I HAVE JUST QUIT SMOKING!!!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well, wish me luck folks!

I have just had my last ciggerette - and patch is firmly in place!!!

May I please have the same strength for smokes, as I have for this diet!!!!

(What better time to quit, then a time when I can't stuff my face instead of smoking!!!):D

Here's to one more step towards making 2008 the year I get healthy, and looking forward to a smoke free life!!!

Bye bye baccy!! :wave_cry::D

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good on you BL, hope it goes well for you - all I can say is give it your best shot and like the beginnings of this diet take it one day at a time xxx

Good luck BL :)
You can do it !! xxxx

So far so good! LOL (would have had 2 by now!!! :D)

Thanks guys! These patches are stong though - it's really burning my thigh! lol Feel like I have a lit ciggies strapped there!!! :D

Now just have to decide what I am going to do at my break times!! I will probably try and make a habit of wandering the nature garden here at work - I still want to go out and get some fresh air - which was always a bit of joke considering my "fresh air" was a smoke filled smoking shed!! :rotflmao:

I feel good about this though. Positive and strong. :) If it helps my neck, that is enough incentive for me not to mention all the other benefits!! ;)

Thanks!

:talk017:Good Luck BL i'm sure you'll do it the patches really helped me

Good luck BL you are so brave!

You are not really giving anything up if you think about it, you are just choosing to be a non smoker. :)

I gave up 18 months ago hence my gaining more weight, but its the best present you can give your body better than losing weight, you'll feel great in no time.

Great decision - I did it a few years ago and it really is worth the initial pain! After all, you don't want that slinky new outfit you'll be getting after the diet to smell of smoke as soon as you get it home! Good luck - be strong!

Thanks everyone!!! <<<hugs>>>

So far, so great. Have not had any white knuckle moments at all. Though I suddenly realised my lunch hour at work has no meaning to me now. Nothing to eat, and now nothing to smoke!

Guess I will start walking! :D

Toller Girl, you did make me laugh with your comment that my mom won't recognise me!!! :D But - I have to tell you, I am 48 and have NEVER smoked in front of mymother!!! :rotflmao: She caught me once when I was 16. I made a mental note on the spot: "I NEVER want to see that look on her face again!!!!" So I have always snuck around to smoke - even now!!!! LOL What a dope!!! hehe. It was out of a combintaion of respect and fear!!! :D

So yeah! It is going GREAT! I can't wait until I am 60 and can reminesce about the year 2008 when I changed my life. :D

I just feel so good and so positive about the changes I am making. For once, I am taking care of ME. And it feels wonderful.

Right! Off for a walk! (After I catch up on posts of course!! :D)

XXX

Way to go BL! May you get blessed with a healthy future! You have doen the right thing and we are all soo proud of you! As it cannot be easy! However you have such Willpower as you haev done fantastic on LL and will be even more successful with the quit smoking scenario.

Good luck BL, :) :)

Congratulations. I gave up over two years ago now and it was the best thing I ever did.

Think strong!!

Good Luck! Your a braver woman than me

Back