Pixie's Quit Smoking Thread...Come Join!

Halfway through day two and still going strong (i realise it's not much of an achievement so far but i'm getting there and everyday in the right direction id good enough for me) xx
That is a great achievement (I can remember how hard it is) - give yourself a pat on the back - every day forward is a day nearer to your goal and healthy living !!

That is a great achievement (I can remember how hard it is) - give yourself a pat on the back - every day forward is a day nearer to your goal and healthy living !!

Thank you :) day three well on its way :)

* rant deleted

Well today has been very hard, but i made it! :)

Last edited:
Hang on in there - you're doing great x

Thank you, it's been tough today :( apparently days 3 & 4 are the worst so people keep telling me so I want it to be Sunday already lol x

Another day down, another day closer to being an ex-smoker! We're all rooting for you hun! :D xx

Thank you hun :)

I was really expecting to be really hungry, due to everyone saying that they put on weight when they gave up, but i seem to find the opposite...i've not been remotely hungry at all since i gave up, no appetite and everything is just kinda bleugh...
you'd think that would be a good thing when trying to lose weight but i seem to sts or gain when i don't eat :(

Still, 4th day more than halfway done so yay me lol :D

p.s - i am trying to make a concerted effort to not be grouchy, so please bear with me!
Thank you all for your support xxx

A happy belated birthday Pixie! You're doing really well. They say watch out for the 3s - 3rd day of giving up, 3rd week and 3rd month. All times when you could relapse. (I think you're in the clear when you reach the 3rd year though thankfully!)

Oh and just think of all that money that was going up in smoke - quite literally!

Lol i can't yet unfortunately as its costing me more in patches! But thank you :)

Oh I keep forgetting - we have free prescriptions here in Wales so i didn't have to pay for my patches. Still, you'll save loads when you come off the patches - roll on!

A happy belated birthday Pixie! You're doing really well. They say watch out for the 3s - 3rd day of giving up, 3rd week and 3rd month. All times when you could relapse. (I think you're in the clear when you reach the 3rd year though thankfully!)
Oh good! It's been 33 years for me - I guess I'm over the worst :D

Oh I keep forgetting - we have free prescriptions here in Wales so i didn't have to pay for my patches. Still, you'll save loads when you come off the patches - roll on!
LUCKY!!!
We want to move to Wales but have to wait til hubby retires as he works in London so have to think of the commute....only 20 more years to go lol!

Day 5 going well so far :)
last night was toughbut that is because i just couldn't get to sleep, so am very tired today but still holding in there :)

Day 6 here i come!
I have to pick up my supply of patches for my holiday, and i have the dental hygienist today to get rid of all the smoking/coke stains, so will have shiny white teeths :D (not that they are black lol but i do have a fair few stains, so that will be good!)
And weigh in tonight, so with the lack of appetite, i'm hoping to see a wee loss this week, even though it's only been 4 days (pushed back due to bank holiday)

Hope everyone is having a fab day :D xx

Well done on making it to day 6 hun. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very muchly :) lost 4lb also today at weigh in today *cheshire cat face* :D xx

Back