Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyWopper

10lb loss do I stay in ketosis for weekend or just carry on what I was doing 5 days on 2 off(average of 9lb lost everyweek)
I even had chicken breast lettuce and cucumber extra, twice last week and I burnt extra 1lb lol things r looking up:D

I have to say I am amazed at your reported losses, week after week. I've never known results like this particularly not where the dieter takes two days off out of every seven.

How much did you weigh when you started - a while ago now surely? And how much do you weigh, now? What would your ideal goal weight be?

If what you say is all true and your results are this good you should give more information because your losses would surely inspire others. Without your stats and other information the impact is greatly lessened.

You are the first and only person I have ever come across that, every single weigh-in, gets consistently impressive losses whilst following a more or less part-time Cambridge plan.

Kinda... superhuman. Forgive me but I find myself doubting you.

I have to say I am amazed at your reported losses, week after week. I've never known results like this particularly not where the dieter takes two days off out of every seven.

How much did you weigh when you started - a while ago now surely? And how much do you weigh, now? What would your ideal goal weight be?

If what you say is all true and your results are this good you should give more information because your losses would surely inspire others. Without your stats and other information the impact is greatly lessened.

You are the first and only person I have ever come across that, every single weigh-in, gets consistently impressive losses whilst following a more or less part-time Cambridge plan.

Kinda... superhuman. Forgive me but I find myself doubting you.

How very diplomatic. :) I have to confess I've been wondering the same thing - is Jonny telling Woppers? :D ;)

What's really happening? Say you're 10 pounds down on a Friday, having started the diet on the previous Monday. Over the weekend you eat normally and regain say 7 pounds. So the net result is a 3 pound loss? So you go back on to the diet on Monday, get into ketosis and go down another 9 pounds by Friday. But then you gain seven pounds over the weekend, giving you a net loss of 2 pounds by Monday morning.

So yes, you'll have lost 19 pounds in a fortnight. But are you leaving out the fact that you actually gained 14 pounds of those back and are in fact only 5 pounds down over the course of a fortnight?

Curious minds want to know! :D :D Cos if you're really losing a consistent 9 pounds a week (and keeping those 9 pounds off each time), I think you should donate your body to medical science!

Earlier Jonny said if he were to remain in ketosis at weekends, and not binge, he feared he would lose '1.5 st' per week instead of (a mere) 9lb. Yes - one and a half stones.

I think enough is enough!

And if he's been "losing an average of 9lbs a week" considering his first post was last July he'd of lost about 225lbs by now!! Come on fess up!

Jonny,

Please could you provide us with some stats? I.e starting weight/current weight.

Also please bear in mind that your 'binging' at weekends is no good for you, not mentioning anything about ketosis here whatsoever, however, a girl at my school used to eat nothing all week, and binge at weekends/ do loads of exercise - she ended up very Ill in hospital as her body couldn't adjust to the constant changes going on. I think she ended up bulimic as she started throwing up after binges.

Realise that you are a grown up who can make your own decisions about what you do

NO ANSWER! was the loud reply. (as my late mother often joked!).

I just hope other men (or women) on here have not been reading this steady stream of nonsense since last July and believing it. Some may have been 'inspired' to 'do Cambridge' in the way described. For this reason alone this potentially harmful misinformation and serial drivel has to stop.

Last edited:
Jonny,

Please could you provide us with some stats? I.e starting weight/current weight.

Also please bear in mind that your 'binging' at weekends is no good for you, not mentioning anything about ketosis here whatsoever, however, a girl at my school used to eat nothing all week, and binge at weekends/ do loads of exercise - she ended up very Ill in hospital as her body couldn't adjust to the constant changes going on. I think she ended up bulimic as she started throwing up after binges.

Realise that you are a grown up who can make your own decisions about what you do

It is the sincere belief of many Minimins members that this entire story is bogus. Some sort of practical joke, probably, or an attention-
seeking ploy.

Either way the poster is fabricating utter nonsense, as you will easily see if you can be bothered to read his long and steady stream of previous posts, dating back to last July.

The rate of weight loss he boasts would, as someone else here pointed out, have resulted in a weight loss of around 250 pounds by now! He claimed a starting weight of 19.5 stones, approximately.

I am astonished that nobody has commented on this before. I guess we all like to be trusting and supportive but lately the claims have become ridiculous.

If cambridge diet worked that way Johnny I'd have been at goal a long time ago lol! Sadly its impossible, I don't even go mad at weekends and still gain! I agree with the other girls, few porkies being told lol :)

Sorry peeps forgot to look lol one thing I never do is lie.
I started at 19st 12lb. I'm now 15st 5lb :D I've had weeks where I havent done at all etc etc so it could be less. It's all legit I do ss 100% for 5 days and get average of 9lb loss a week and then eat what I want had a curry this weekend and it was lovely ;D
what ever I put on at weekend doesn't matter because the scales are 9lb down what ever I weighed the week before. I don't just sit about waiting for my next weigh in to come round lol my job is as physical as they come constantly lifting moving etc etc so everyone stop getting jealous (lol) cause I lose loads everyweek and stop calling me a lier it's all legit my advice is move move move simples!

NOPE. It won't wash.

Jealous? ha ha ha. Now you really have to be kidding. Or seriously deluded.

Anyone that says they fear they will lose '1.5st' - yes one-and-a-half stones - in the space of one WEEK if they stay in ketosis for seven days instead of five is seriously having a laugh. That's what you wrote! Utter BS.

The joke's over, Dude. No point in flogging a dead horse. Not even to find more horse s**t.

Man-up,, for pity's sake, and bow out.

Last edited:
Well that's your view. I weight trained before I came on this diet for a bout a year and a half put loads of muscle on, but it came with loads of fat cause I didn't eat right hence 19st 12lb. Maybe it's the muscle burns more calories at resting rate(fact). Maybe it's cause as I keep saying my job, up hundred flights of stairs everyday etc not just sitting in front of the tv are computer. Like I say I can't prove it but I don't lie. People who stay at gome on the diet lose bout 4lb average just sitting down why is not believable that I'm grafting my b***s of all that I can't do an extra 5lb. Think about it 3500 cals in a lb I must burn bout 2000 a day! That's 8000 cause I only do 4days. There's 2lb right there and thats not counting the ketosis process(don't know how it works tbh). So there u go?! I wouldn't come on this website giving ppl false hope and stuff I come on here for help most of the time but also to tell u my story. So believe what u want now my migraines have died down there's nothing stopping me getting to my goals then I won't need to give u all false hope(apparently)

I think that some of the posts on here are turning a bit nasty. If jonny wants to keep a diary on here he can. If others don't like it or feel its nonsense then just don't read it. We're here to support each other people!

girlygirl1 said:
NOPE. It won't wash.

Jealous? ha ha ha. Now you really have to be kidding. Or seriously deluded.

Anyone that says they fear they will lose '1.5st' - yes one-and-a-half stones - in the space of one WEEK if they stay in ketosis for seven days instead of five is seriously having a laugh. That's what you wrote! Utter BS.

The joke's over, Dude. No point in flogging a dead horse. Not even to find more horse s**t.

Man-up,, for pity's sake, and bow out.

How nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I say... congratulations to you Jonny!
Everybody will lose weight differently and normally men certainly lose more than women (FACT).
I also have had a couple of naughties ;) this week and have lost 3lbs more than I have by doing it 100% for the last 3 weeks! :)

Jonny

I apologise if what I said could be construed as nasty - that wasn't my intention. You've lost loads of weight - and credit to you for that. :clap:

But... :) I think all that some on here were trying to do was put what you're saying into context (maybe a bit grumpily, but hey, we're grumpy cos we're on diets, right? ;)). I know from looking at previous posts of yours that you were 17st 6lbs in September - which means you've lost 2 stones in 5 months.

However you cut it, that's not 9lbs a week. I completely accept what you're saying about there being some weeks where you haven't done the diet at all. And it is up to you how you do this diet.

What you're doing is working for you, although it seems tortuously slow to me - you could lose 2 stone in the same length of time on a conventional calorie-reduced diet. What I think some here are taking issue with is that you're leaving out some of the detail with this "I can lose 9lbs a week easy and still binge at weekends" thing. You're not losing 9lbs a week. You're losing 6-7 pounds a month. And that's fine because you believe this way of doing it suits you.

The danger is that a newbie might come and read this and believe that it really is possible to consistently lose 9lbs a week while only doing Cambridge 5 days a week. The reality is that most people only lose 3-4 pounds a week on this plan, doing SS for 7 days a week. Exercise actually seems to slow down losses, not increase them.

This diet is wonderful - I'm so pleased I found it and deeply frustrated that I didn't find it at an earlier point in my weight loss journey - but it can't work miracles, and all the anecdotal evidence here on the boards is that it works best if you stick to it 100% seven days a week.

I know it was slow but I've had probs on the way. My migraine got more frequent ended up just eating for comfort (gained weight). I tried going to the gym on ss (lost nothing). Had a latte everyday at dinner thinking it was skimmed prob wasn't, was from costa lost nothing. There has been months where I've done it for seven days and lost nothing week after week and even gained. Even my CDC was baffled then I tried what I do now and it works perfect. Don't know how but it does.
I fount out the hard way exercise slows losses but the exercise I do at work doesn't affect it and actually boosts. I must admit I was going to do 7 days this week but like I say i ended up having a curry.
But I'm Absolutly 100% telling the truth that's what I do and thats what I lose. A newbie shouldn't listen to should listen to CDC. They should be smart enough to ask questions to CDC first.

Well done Jonny, its a well known fact that men lose weight a lot quicker than women. If what you are doing is working for you then all power to you! x

just want to point out, again, that you say you lose 9lbs a week but clearly from other stuff you've said you lose that 9lbs in the 5 days and then put some back on in the 2 days, so it's not 9lbs over the whole week.

also, you've sometimes said you 'binge' at the weekends, but from other stuff you've said i don't think you really mean binge in the way everyone else would take it, i.e. eating absolutely loads, but actually you just eat a normal-ish amount of some unhealthy stuff, which is not a 'binge'.

if you want to do the diet not in the recommended way then fine, but i have actually read you encourage other people to break the diet rules and deliberately being vague about your details to lead people to believe that you actually SS 5 days and binge hugely on 2 days and still lose 9lbs a week.
i certainly don't believe that those facts as you have sometimes stated them are true, as i've explained above.

i also think you are going out of your way to irritate your critics and deliberately wind people up, particularly by starting new threads on the same topic so newbies won't see the sensible advice/responses/criticism you get and encourage you instead.

if i'm judging you harshly, then prove me wrong by stopping this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back