Yet another Slimming World follower introduces herself....

NogginNog

Intro: Well, I'm delighted to meet you all. I'm in Central Scotland and recently started out on a (hopefully not too difficult) journey to get back to a reasonable size and weight. I'm finding that Slimming World's eating plan is helping me to do this. I've tried other plans in the past but not for many years, so there are a lot of bad habits to change. Some are easy, some not so much. I miss bread, I love to bake bread and between me and my partner we could happily munch our way through an entire loaf of freshly baked bread in no more than a few hours. Sadly, I have now had to stop baking bread, and to stop making jams and preserves. Instead I find myself in the kitchen for hours at a time, trying out new recipes. (Sushi for dinner tonight... it was lovely!) anyway, it'll be a longish journey, I reckon, but then the weight didn't go on overnight, did it?!

Welcome along. You don't need to eliminate the foods you love, you can just fit them in to your allowances. I still enjoy most of the foods I have always loved, but just moderated them, and fit them in

Welcome along. You don't need to eliminate the foods you love, you can just fit them in to your allowances. I still enjoy most of the foods I have always loved, but just moderated them, and fit them in

I have heard this from my consultant too, but when I say I like freshly baked bread, it isn't covered by '2 slices from a thin sliced wholemeal 400g loaf" It's more along the lines of a 2-3 cm (or more) thick slice of seeded home made bread, warm from the oven, spread fairly thickly with unsalted butter and perhaps a smear of jam or other fruit preserve. Closely followed by a second... and perhaps a third! This is, of course, how I got to be so fat in the first place. So some foods do have to be eliminated, and a couple of thin slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf just won't cut the mustard. It won't fill the bread craving. I find it easier to do without, rather than substitute something sub standard.

Back