Yet another thread on philadelphia..

I did already look through previous posts to find a wide variety of different answers.. But yeah. Where do we stand on flavoured light Philadelphia as a healthy extra A on an extra easy day? I just texted my consultant and she told me all varieties, including chocolate and garlic and herb, can be used as my hexA.
Just wanna check before I make what I'm making.. Please answer quick cos I'm starving :D

You need to get yourself a new consultant lol

Only the plain light philly is a HEA and that is on all plans
The favoured ones are only a HEB and then only on green
Extra light is also a HEB on green
Chocolate is not a HE on any plan

Chocolate Philly if I remember rightly from class is 4 syns per 30g so def not hea, def syn.

Ok now I'm confused :-/
We can have 75g of Philly light as a HEXA I thought it was only a B choice on green?
Is this new?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok now I'm confused :-/
We can have 75g of Philly light as a HEXA I thought it was only a B choice on green?
Is this new?

If you read the thread again you'll see all the Phillies listed as what HEX they are in the post by Patchwork :)

Yeah I was just double checking that's all!
Excellent I could never understand why it wasn't any way!
Thank you!

I've had a look at the SW website and read this thread (maybe not thoroughly enough so sorry in advance if it have is has to be repeated!!) but what about the extra light philly? Can't see any mention of it on the website.

I've had a look at the SW website and read this thread (maybe not thoroughly enough so sorry in advance if it have is has to be repeated!!) but what about the extra light philly? Can't see any mention of it on the website.

Try reading it again, again ;) :

You need to get yourself a new consultant lol

Only the plain light philly is a HEA and that is on all plans
The favoured ones are only a HEB and then only on green
Extra light is also a HEB on green
Chocolate is not a HE on any plan

If you can't see it it's because it's not a HEX on the plan that you're following (ie EE/Red) ;)

Are you sure?

You sound sure, such a shame - the garlic and herb is so yummy. Will have a try of the plain one then.

Thanks for this

I agree the garlic and herb one is yummy but it's not very high in syns so you can still have it, or you could just add your own garlic and herb to the plain one :)

Sounds good - will have a go at that, thanks

Yeah but in theory it shouldn't effect weight loss because although you're not getting the calcium benefit it's no more calories/ fat/ anything that would effect the weight loss.
Unless your accounting for the benefits that calcium can have in weight loss but as I take calcium supplements anyways so wouldn't be losing out there either..
Don't get me wrong I know technically this isn't following the SW plan properly but it should in theory have the same result?

No it won't affect your losses but healthy extras are not there to promote weight loss. Even the study around calcium and weight loss only showed improved losses in people whose calcium intake was low to begin with. Personally I pay to do the SW plan not the SW plan with a few tweaks here and there because its inconvenient. Philly light is incredibly low in syns any way so why not just syn it and use the HEA for something else?

Back