Yet another weight loss journey

coffee queen

Yet another restart. Have decided to try and l get rid of the excess 90lbs that I am lugging about everyday as my health is beginning to suffer ( sore knees ). This time I am just going to eat a sensible diet, and not looking for food that is low fat, low carb, high protein, low salt etc. I have tried so many diets in the past, I have lost some weight then put on more weight that I lost. I have been on this site a few times over the weekend and recognise a few names from a year ago. Some have done really well and some are in the same situation as me. So here I am sipping my last mug of lattee and eating my last chocolate biscuit(s) for a while. I have booked a holiday in October and would love to weigh a few stones less than I do now. Will keep posting on my weight loss ( hopefully ).

There's plenty of people on here in the same boat, myself included, that can offer support if you need it :)
Good luck :D

a wasted week

A week in and I still have not started my sensible eating plan, I am hoping that today is the day that I can get my head round this and stop cheating myself. Good luck to everybody that is struggling to shift the lbs.:confused:

Hi Coffee Queen. I think I've done the "cutting down", "making better choices" on and off for the last 20 years as a way of trying to avoid going on yet another diet. There is never a time when I am not aware of what I eat even if its ordering a Diet Coke with my large Deep Pan Pizza. I haven't drunk full-fat milk for this reason since about 1978. And yet my weight has just gone up and up.

I have finally had to accept that for me this may be a way of maintaining my weight but I'm just never going to lose weight like this so that's why (yet again) I have a diet plan. It gives me focus and something to cling on to when I'm weak. The Slimfast thing is working quite well and I spend less time thinking about food as my brekkie and lunch are taken care of. Supper is the only thing i have to worry about and it also allows some cals for my chocolate habit. I'm not saying its easy but it seems to be a simple way of cutting down without cutting out real food or relying on someone else to cook/deliver it for you. Good luck and let me know how you're doing - we're about the same height with about the same to lose so I'll be interested in your journey. x

Hi judith55 I really am struggling, every morning I am so motivated but by mid day it has all gone wrong.I tried celebrity slim last year and did lose about a stone, then put it all back on plus another 2 stone.:confused: I do have some shakes etc so tomorrow I think I will try having shakes and an evening meal. I think if I manage to lose a few lbs and start noticing my clothes fitting better that might spur me on. You are doing well, keep it up. Hope we will be 2 slim tall ladies by the end of the year.:confused:

That is so true about being motivated in the morning, lost the plot by 6pm. Whenever I felt bloated and disgusted with a massive evening meal I would say I would start for definite in the morning. So I'd start the day quite well and then sometimes didn't even last until lunchtime. That's why I feel like I've spent years and years on a diet when I haven't really.

I'm at 7 weeks which is a crucial point for me - I can't tell you how many 6 week-diets I've done over the years, lost up to 2 stone (Lighterlife) and then crashed and burned. I'm just trying to dig deep and soldier on. After 4 weeks I added my motivations to my signature so that I read them each time I post or amend my template. I think it's good for me to remember why I'm doing this. I also spend about 2 hours a day on this forum - it keeps me distracted and focused if that makes sense. Distracted from eating but focused on dieting. I'm hoping that the support given and received can help me make it through to the next half stone. And then the next one and the next one...

Hi Judith55, today was not too bad until 9pm when I had some biscuits. I had a shake for breakfast and at mid-day then a healthy chicken salad in the evening plus some fruit in the afternoon. I checked out your signature and it is as though you were writing it for me. One day I will be able to cross out that I have managed to complete one full day. Tomorrow I am working so the temptation to pick at food will not be a problem. Keep up the sensible eating, every time you reach for something that you should not be eating just think - a moment on the lips a life time on the hips.

Hi Coffee Queen & Judith55
I'm just like you, have been trying to get motivated for ages. Every morning I would wake up and think "today I am going to be good", then by lunchtime I would be wavering and in the evening I would be reaching for the wine & crisps and thinking "tomorrow I'll be good"! I've tried all sorts of diets in the past and have lost weight, but always put it back on and more. I almost got to the stage of thinking is it really worth the bother! But I am determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I've gone back to good old calorie counting. On other diets, as soon as I think I can't have a food, I want it. At least with calorie counting I can have a treat now and then. I'm also cutting out alcohol - I love wine, but it just makes me want to eat and eat. Like you, my knees are suffering because of the extra weight and I'm tall just like you as well. Let's keep each other going - we can do it.

Hi girls I have not been on this site for a week, and guess what I have been doing - yes you are all right I have been eating everything in sight. Today I decided to weigh myself at boots and surprise surprise I have put on more weight I now am 248lbs. I am so annoyed with myself. I think I have now got my head round this sensible eating routine. Tomorrow is going to be the start of a new me. I know I have said this many times before, but this time is going to be different. People say - you are tall you do not look bad, yes I am tall but this time I want people to say you look fantastic. So come on girls lets all do it this time, we all know what we should be eating. Positive thinking is what we need, if we slip up so what we get straight back on to our sensible eating we do not wait until the following day. Good luck to everybody.

Well done for coming back to the forum Coffeequeen. You know it makes sense! I've only lost 2lbs in the last 2 weeks but I've been trying to stick with it. I said that I Mean It This Time and I so want to fit into nicer clothes and feel generally lighter. I've 'fessed up to binging on pizza and I've fiddled my calories to include a couple of nights of proper drinking but overall I am clinging on. I'm not sure I ever do the plan properly because I'm a bit of a grazer. Tonight I didn't even bother with an evening meal - I had a bag of maltesers about 6ish and then a Slimfast at 10.30 when I realized I'm going to be too hungry to sleep. I need to save some cals for weekend as I'm going away Fri to Sun. Ate another shake and choccie earlier today so will still come in at about 1300 for the day I imagine. Anyhoo, lets try to support each other and post something each day even if it is just a bit of babbling. Take care and don't give up trying. xx

Hi Judith55 I always laugh when I read your posts as you sound so much like me. Got up today and still got the motivation bug. Have had 1 shreaded wheat and a banana for breakfast, that is really good for me as yesterday I bought a large bloomer loaf and I am not going to crumble and have a large slice with jam. You may have only lost 2lbs in the last 2 weeks but it is in the right direction. Have a great weekend away. I am going to a 50th birthday party, I have every intention of watching what I am eating but no intention of watching what I am drinking. Am quite annoyed that I don't fit into any nice clothes so it will have to be the usual black trousers and a big top to cover my lumps and bumps. Will try and post tomorrow, remember Judith55 no more maltesers

Good morning Coffeequeen.

Had a reasonable day yesterday but not very nutritionally good - too much chocolate and no veg/fruit. Heyho.

I also will be watching what I eat but not what I'm drinking this weekend (esp as I won't have my car) but this was true last weekend and I drank a lot less than usual. I play poker for long periods and there's too much money at stake to be completely smashed - altho I often think I play better then. :) I'm also going with someone who is virtually teatotal which spoils the fun a bit. I'll see how it goes.

So won't be posting over weekend but hope you have a good one - remember a bit of control is better than no control. Its the logic I use when ordering a diet coke with my burger and chips - thats 100 cals less I have to try and get rid of afterwards and every little helps.

Judi xx

Tomorrow is going to be the start of a new me......

Positive thinking is what we need, if we slip up so what we get straight back on to our sensible eating we do not wait until the following day. Good luck to everybody.

I hope you're still with the sensible eating plan, Coffee Queen?

My mother always used to say "Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today" and it's so true! When you say "tomorrow will be the start of a new me..." you're already putting it off. It's an excuse hunny! And yeah, if you have a bit of a slip up, don't fret over it. Put it behind you and just get back on the wagon. Don't use it as an excuse to think "sod it, what's the point?" and fall off the wagon big style.

I'm not trying to have a pop at you because I was in the same boat for over 5 years. I was always going to start a diet but never quite managed it, always putting it off until the next week, the next day, after the weekend, after the holiday etc. etc.

Is the thought of your holiday in October not enough to give you the motivation to do it? Reading between the lines of what you've said in your various posts, I don't think you're ready to take the bull by the horns and go for this properly. You need something to shock you into it. If the holiday's not enough, what about getting someone to take some photos of you and maybe that would help?

I'm tall too, always thought I could carry it well due to my height and genuinely didn't believe I looked as bad as I did. When a photo was particularly unflattering, I kidded myself that it was just a bad angle whereas the reality was I really looked like that. It was not until I got onto the scales on 1st Jan, the first time I had done so in years and years, that the true horror of what I'd done to myself made me feel absolutely disgusted with myself. I was disappointed and angry that I had let myself get to the heaviest I had ever been - 19 stone 3lb. I decided in that instant that I could not carry on and was going to do something about it once and for all.

I still have chocolate biscuits, just occasionally rather than every day and maybe 2 rather than half a packet :8855:
I still have a glass of wine or some fresh bread, but perhaps only once a week. There are ways and means of dieting without depriving yourself. Life is too short to be miserable, living on a bowl of soup and a lettuce leaf. Get out there and start exercising too, you'll feel so much better for it.
x

Back