Yo-yo dieter .. please let Dukan work!

You can get oat bran from the Dukan shop online. It's usually a bit more expensive than Tescos and co, but at the mo there is an offer of 3 for the price of one. It's an efficient online service and some of the flavourings are nice too. I got the orange, very strong so only a few drops needed.

Is there a limit on eggs? As far as I'm aware I don't have a cholesterol problem - yesterday I had 2 for Brek and 1 for dinner - today I'm having another 2 for breakfast with some mackerel ... Is there a limit?? I hope not because I love eggs and with goo-ey middles that make for a nice sauce! Lol

They also sell oatbran by mornflake in morrisons near the oats :)

In relation to the free form stuff does anyone know if oatbran is gluten free? My step dad is a coeliac and is considering dukan but nt sure if he can eat oatbran x

I'm sure I read somewhere that depending on how it is milled it can be ok - have a google and see what you can find.

Oh no! I ate a whole handful of the flakes :-( iv done so well today :-( ... Il go hunting for the right stuff tomorrow as I cant go back out today now - bugger! Lol

- and even if you had the right stuff you shouldn't be eating handfuls of it but measuring 1.5 tbspns for Attack and 2 tbspns for Cruise.

- and even if you had the right stuff you shouldn't be eating handfuls of it but measuring 1.5 tbspns for Attack and 2 tbspns for Cruise.

I have small hands ;-)

did you manage to find any in the CEREAL (I can't believe I wrote serial before!LOL) section? I bought one of those spoon measurers from tesco so I can scoop out the exact amounts. I love eating porridge so I cant wait for cruise when I can have 2 spoons!

emms24, the protein found in oats is slightly different to that found in wheat, barley etc. But it can still affect some coeliacs. It's a bit of a strange one because it affects each person individually. He wouldn't know without giving it a go. But I would just advise your stepdad to stay away from it.

Thank you all for answering the coeliac question. He mentioned that about oats affecting people differently too. He will just have to stick to his 'cutting out the crap' as he calls it. He doesn't actually have that much to lose so should be okay.

On the plus side I think he is happy that he is no longer the only one in the family who can't eat Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, birthday cakes, pasties and pastrys lol. Think he feels left out sometimes.

Thank you! X

Back