Yo-Yo's Celebrity Slim diet

Day 22 - weigh in....2.4lbs off, which takes me to under 14st now (just) at 13st 12.8lbs. I'm really pleased with that. I think it was the end of September when I was last under 14st. Hopefully I wont go there again. I can tell myself I am losing weight now as it's shrunk around my stomach and I'm developing a waist again.

I'm going to stop updating my diary with what I have eaten as I feel I have things under control now (well, for the time being), so I'll probably just update every Saturday morning with my weigh-in, or when there's a major breakthrough such as someone noticing I've lost weight, or being able to fit into a smaller dress size or something.

hey just wanna say congrats on getting under 14st...this was a major achievement for me to!
have a good week xxx

You are doing well.....stay motivated ;-)

Day 23 - Sunday 22nd March

Yikes - think I have to abandon this diet today. My lovely husband (aided and abetted by our two boys) made me breakfast in bed today: a huge bowl of Muesli, 2 thick slices of buttered white toast, a small tin of peaches in juice, and a glass of apple juice. It was massive and took me the best part of 40 minutes to get through it all! I added it up on my food diary and it was nearly 850 calories!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, my 1100 limit should be blown away today LOL as this afternoon I am taking my mum out for her lunch. The only saving grace is I wont really be hungry so I shouldn't need any tea tonight!

Awww bless them........LOL that breakfast blows the carbohydrate count as well!!.....just go easy the rest of the day and get back on track tomorrow.
xxx

Day 30.

Sorry, forgot to update this yesterday! Another 2.4lbs off, taking me to 13st 10.4lbs, which is 12.6lbs off in total. Obviously I'd really like to make it a full stone off by next week (hopefully a bit more on top) and I can't see any reason why i shouldn't be able to.

Someone finally noticed I was losing weight! There is a lady at work who only works part time so I only see her Tuesday and Wednesday. This week Wednesday she asked me if I had lost some weight and said she'd thought I was looking slimmer!

I feel I have really combatted the voice in my head, which tells me to eat all the time now. Hopefully it will last.

Well done.....you appear to be having a good steady weightloss :clap: It is a good boost when someone makes a positive comment too.

xxxx

heya can i join this?x? i am waiting for my first weeks worth of celebrity slim to arrive... all of your comments have inspired me thankyou so much!!! id like to have a ticker like you all do with my progress and want to upload before after photos!!!
i have been on a diet for 3 years and been up and down... my heaviest weight (not known exactly) was most probably 16 stone... i made it down to 14.7 myself then last year joined weight watchers... but didnt make all meetings etc!! im not very disciplined to portion sizes... im very greedy an once i start eating i always clear my plate!!
glad to report today my weight is 12.3!!! hope to lose two stone with celebrity slim!!!

Day 35

I have finally hit my first stone (just). Weighed in at 13st 8.8lbs (1.4lbs off) this morning, which is 14.2lbs in five weeks, so I'm highly delighted. The most I have ever lost on a diet on my own is 13.5lbs.

When I first started CS I was feeling really fat and didn't like any of my clothes. I went to Lime, which is the discount arm of Next, and bought two pairs of size 18 jeans, one a bootcut and the other boyfriend-slouchy style. I put the Boyfriend style on yesterday evening when I got home from work and I could actually pull them up without undoing the button, and ditto when I went to bed I could pull them down without undoing the button or belt, so as a reward I am going to go to Lime again today and buy size 16 jeans.

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've stopped using CS Shakes and am just eating like a normal person now.

Old habits:
  • Felt hungry soon after eating.
  • Ate enormous portions.
  • Craved sugary foods.
  • Didn't know when to stop.
  • Didn't know what normal eating was.
  • Felt eating was out of control, and controlled me.
  • Thought about food all the time. Would finish one meal and be thinking about what I would be eating at the next.
  • Stomach was bloated all the time and I looked very pregnant.
  • Suffered heartburn and problems with indigestion.
I totally credit the four weeks I did on Celebrity Slim with re-educating my eating habits. I think this was because:
  • I would eat 'allowed' foods every couple of hours meaning I had something to look forward to (ie eating) regularly.
  • The types of foods I was allowed would mean I was full up until the next one.
  • They didn't have sugars in them which meant I 'withdrew' from craving sugary foods.
  • Because I wasn't craving sugar it made saying no to bad foods a lot easier.
  • My stomach got used to eating smaller portions.
I've now introduced normal foods again but eat so much less of them.

I believe using the CS way for those four weeks was like methadone for a drug addict. It weaned me off the sugar and refined carbs that were just causing me to be hungry and over-eat all the time.

The weight is coming off at a good loss and I'm eating three meals a day and not snacking. It might not work for some but it's worked for me. I'm still three stones away from where I want to be but I feel that I can sustain this way of eating to get there.

I went to an event at my eldest son's school on Thursday and there was a buffet. Buffets were my weakness, I saw them as a challenge to eat as much as possible, but I just felt inclined to have the one plate with about six items on it when I was there. Previously I would have had 2-3 platefuls piled high.

Lucy at work made some Rocky Road cake one day this week. I had a piece but I could taste how rich and heavy and sugary it was. Previously I would have had 2-3 pieces, or however many I could have got away with. This day I stuck to one, then had a piece the next day and again just stuck to one.

The home treats box is lasting a lot longer because I haven't touched anything from it in five weeks. My home treats have been a bag of mini pringles a couple of times a week. I've never been a crisps fan, I liked cakes and chocolates, but when I allowed myself to have a treat, it was the crisps I made a beeline for.

I found posting on here to be a big help. I feel like I should shift over to the calories board but I know there are some people on here who want to know how I am doing.

Day 42

Another pound off this week to 13st 7.8lbs. I think I will find the next week the hardest yet because I am off work for the school holidays and boredom eating is still a problem for me. In fact, I aim to stay the same this week.

Highlight of the week was buying new clothes all in size 16s, all fitting perfectly, by which I mean NOT at all tight. I even fit into size 16 Tesco jeans, which I haven't been able to do for a long time.

Day 47

Oh man, I'm doing really badly this week. I'm useless when my routine goes out of the window for school holidays and there is no structure to my day. I've eaten a whole box of Roses in two days, and several rice-Krispie squares today. I need to be back at work....I think I'm going to not weigh in this Saturday as I don't want to be disappointed if I get my first gain....although saying that, I know that it wont be "fat" (as I haven't eaten thousands of cals over my allowance) but I also haven't been drinking anywhere near as many fluids as I should have been

On a plus side my mum asked me if I was losing weight today - I haven't told her I have been on a diet yet - so I was pleased about that.

Day 48

Right - I'm setting myself a challenge to have a CS 100% day today to make up for the chocolate, sugar and carbohydrate laden week I have had this week!

Day 51

Had a bit of a bad week what with boredom eating etc..also next door neighbour's had a BBQ and I had a full bottle of wine to myself but I didn't go mental and stuff myself, I ate until I was comfortably full.

However, I have kind of conned myself into thinking I am slim!! until today when I went out with the skinnie minnies for lunch and felt like a right heifer!!! I've a long way to go yet. I've still got between 2-3 stones to lose yet, probably the latter

Back