Yo-Yo's Diary

So are you going to the new class tonight? Hope you like it if you do go and that reading all the Management stuff gives you something to do with yourself other than bingeing for the next 12 weeks!

Have you got all the Management books yet? If so, what do you think of it all?

Finally got to the gym today after my week off and it was really good to be back. I did a gym session as it was rainy and I never feel like swimming if it's cold or rainy.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best for Management.

I got my management books a couple of weeks ago but have just thought I will stay in abstinence til week 14 and see how my groupmates got on.

If I go to the new class it will be next week.

I got two pieces of chicken breast fillets last night, one for each day, which will take me through til my shopping day on Thursday. I'm looking forward to some 'legitimate' food. this WILL stop me snacking by hook or by crook although, if I want to snack tonight then I will do, but I love buying clothes in a size 12 and looking good and feeling great, so if I want to head back onto the slippery slope to a 16/18 - then I shall feel free!

Weigh-in tonight with a locum counsellor.

I'm officially on management as of today...wonder if I should start a new thread or keep it in this one?

Official weight last night 10st 9lbs, so I lost 3lbs of the 4lbs I gained last week. I would have lost more if it hadn't have been for the nibbling since Sunday.

So, I've cooked my chicken breast last night in readiness for lunchtime today. One of my groupmates - S - has decided she is where she wants to be, having lost a whopping 50lbs in 14 weeks! (3st 8lbs) so the locum counsellor (who was very nice) has told us both to come along next Thursday at 6:30pm. I do hope the usuall LLC doesn't swap the management sessions to 8pm like she was threatening to, I don't want to be out that late. I'm glad S will be there with me, as she was my favourite person out of my group (although I liked all of them) but she was truly inspiring as she followed it to the letter! She really does deserve her 50lbs loss.

Unofficial weight today 10st 7lbs.

Unofficial weight today 10st 8lbs.

I had quite a bad day yesterday. Not too bad at work - just had a ham salad sandwich and a banana from the sandwich man, but as soon as I got home I hit the mini chocolate bars (as well has having the chicken breast) and then I had some toasted muffins and then almost straight after my stomach felt quite unsettled and was gurgling away all night. Even this morning I still feel the same way.

I really need to have a proper read of my management books when I get in from work this evening, see if I can inspire myself. Don't know what is wrong with me, and why I am letting the rebellious child win.

hi yoyo

am starting management on tues (LL meeting on monday night).
I've been trying to reading peoples management diary for tips on salad dressings but it is so time consuming trying to read all the threads, it would be good to start a 'recipe tip condensed to one thread for easy reference! should I or will members suggest referring to their original threads lol!

Anyhow enough of my ramblings!, any tips on salad dressings either ready made or you own!

thanks hun xx

Hi Sun, there's one dressing I fell in love with when I started Management. It's on the first page of the 'Week 1-4' Management recipe book. It's the basil and garlic marinade. I use it as a dressing too. If I'm in all night I'll include the garlic but if I'm going out I'll leave the garlic out of it. I don't use the stock either, I found it made it too watery. It's really yummy.
I think what makes it best is that I bought a really expensive balsamic vinegar to use with it. It makes all the difference. And because the lemon juice and vinegar are really low (almost non-existent!) GI they make me not hungry after my meal.
Well done on your weight loss. You'll lose your last 7 lbs on Management no problem provided you follow it to the letter. I lost 13lbs on my Management without even trying! I started Management around Feb time and I'm still maintaining now.
Hope to hear more from you and about how you find Management.

Hi yo-yo.
I'm wondering if it's less a case of your rebellious child winning and more just a case of your blood sugar levels going up and down like mad?
Management is designed to start you on the foods that keep your blood sugar down to control your cravings and fill you up, but the stuff you're eating is way high up on the GI chart so your body's probably soaring and crashing which is why you're looking for the next fix, and the next and so on.
Just wondered if perhaps it's more of a physical thing than an emotional thing?
Because I swear you wouldn't be as hungry after eating something low GI.

thanks 6stl!,

you have done amazingly, Its frustrating as I wont get any management info until Monday night, so I'm just picking up on week1 from other posters,I wish I could work out things now.

xx

Hey 6st, that does make sense.

Yesterday was bloody crap again - I did fine at work (I had a pear because I was famished - I could have had sandwiches/quiche/crisps - leftover food from a meeting but I thought I would have a piece of fruit), but as soon as I got home I went 'mental' and had quite a bit to eat.

I think I need to abstain for a few more days, can't explain why, just think I need to. Not eating was so much more easier. Unofficial weight today 10st 8.6lbs and I need to try and stop that from creeping up.

Work used to be my problem and now it's those couple of hours between getting home from school, and my husband getting home from work.

I'm gonna do some homework tonight - but I'm going to do it on here, you don't have to read it, just give me a pat on the head (LOL)

PS - Sun, when I have a bit more time this afternoon (hey, I could do it before my husband comes in from work LOL kill a bit of time), I'll look through the book for salad dressings because I know there are some in there.

thanks hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, Friday was a wash-out (Pizza anyone?). In the morning from the butty shop I had a boxed scrambled egg, beans and mushrooms - and it was AWFUL and I ended up chucking it away. The beans were salty, the mushrooms leaked manky grease into the eggs, making them taste orrible! Serves me right!

So yesterday I decides I am going to do management RIGHT! I had two food packs (because I fell asleep on the floor after casualty and then went straight to bed) and at tea-time I had a lovely piece of boneless, skinless Salmon with lettuce leaves and some fat free thousand Island dressing and oh my God, it was divine!!!

Another revelation for me, was the fact that it only took 15 minutes to bake in the oven!! That's quicker than a ready meal or a pizza, and less calories and more taste!

The result was that Saturday morning I had weighed 10st 9.8lbs. And Sunday morning I weigh 10st 8.2lbs, so I obviously had lots of food still weighing heavy in my stomach..I didn't really have any hunger pangs yesterday either so that made it easy.

We went to watch Bradford City play and we park the car about 15 minutes walk away. I just checked on multimap and it's 0.66m from the ground, so I had a 1.32m walk yesterday that I don't normally have. I really enjoyed it though, I love walking, maybe I will make the effort to do a bit more walking.

Week 1 allowed dressings:
Tangy Salad Dressing
1 tbsp of any fat-free dressing
2-3 tbsp of lemon or lime juice.
Mix ingredients together

Or try....adding balsamic vinegar, mustard, oregano or other ingredients from your week 1 food choices.

Actually - this is the only dressing for week 1!!!!

The one I am using is Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing which has only a trace of fat (0.2g per 100g, so you only need a tiny bit)

thanks yoyo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wasn't going to post today but I have just read "Just Do It's" Management thread and she's posted the following sentence: .... I am going to acknowledge that I have now completed 3 days of managing my eating.

And stupidly enough, I have never thought that is what I am doing! I've still seen myself as 'slimming' The penny has dropped with a loud CLUNK! I wont be fussed if I don't lose those 4lbs on Management

Had the second salmon fillet with lettuce leaves yesterday. Unfortunately I also had a few Scotch pancakes ( I know they are one of my trigger foods without having LL tell me that, I never have been able to control myself around them - well, I just wont buy them in again. I only got them because they were reduced to less than half price and I can never resist a bargain).

I've had an epiphany - I have now accepted that in Tesco I really should have been buying a size 10 in trousers! I have found it hard to accept that I could get away with a 12, never mind a ten. Me in ten, why would I want to ruin this figure I have worked so hard to get!

So, my plan for today

6:00 - 8:30pm (1 litre of water)

8:30am - breakfast (nut crunch bar)

(1 litre of water between this time)

12:00pm - lunch (grilled chicken breast, salad leaves, Thousand Island dressing)

4:00pm - Chocolate Shake.

8:00pm - Raspberry Shake.

I've also been calculating how many calories I need for when I am no longer on management, and it has come up as 1719! A bit different from the 2000 that is recommended!

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Note: 1 inch = 2.54 cm.
1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example:
You are female
You are 30 yrs old
You are 5' 6 " tall (167.6 cm)
You weigh 120 lbs. (54.5 kilos)
Your BMR = 655 + 523 + 302 - 141 = 1339 calories/day

Now that you know your BMR, you can calculate TDEE by multiplying your BMR by your activity multiplier from the chart below:
Activity Multiplier
Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)
Example:
Your BMR is 1339 calories per day
Your activity level is moderately active (work out 3-4 times per week)
Your activity factor is 1.55
Your TDEE = 1.55 X 1339 = 2075 calories/day

Okay - why am I 2lbs heavier than I was last Tuesday when I got weighed?

No idea!
By the way, your lunch of chicken breast (Quorn in my case), salad and dressing had me salivating. Yum!
Wedding photos on my gallery now. Hope you like.

Back