yoghurt, cup a soup, weight watchers meal

Well it's all debatable! I mean it all very heavily depends on the individual. Some people feel fantastic on these sort of diets and maintain doing exercise all the way through! Some people (like me) feel fairly weak sometimes. I still get things done though, and have never had a headache due to the diet.
The headaches people speak of are 'carbohydrate - withdrawal' symptoms when they initially start these diets. It passes within 4 days or so, and it's clear and smooth sailing from there. :)

As for exercise: If a person is used to running for example 5 miles per day, their body will be able to cope with that amount because it is used to it. Problems only occur if someone who's just started the diet suddenly decides to start running those 5 miles with no exercise regimes beforehand, or just going to the gym... THEN yes, there may be energy based problems.

(And thank you for the compliment. :) )

Minerva you do look great! and you will meet your summer goal that's for sure. are you still doing a VLCD and does it get harder the closer you are to your goal weight? You definitely are inspirating and also others on this forum. I have 30 pounds to lose and I"m on my weight lose journey too..

Hiya Morenachica:wavey: I remember you were going to do the Euro diet last year. Did you do it? How did you find it?

It's rather like our CD/LL being properly formulated VLCD isn't it :)

I would never eat 500 calories made up by me

Yay :clap:

Hey KD the doctors here in Italy really didn't have a clue about the diet but was trying to sell it. They were so unorganized and it just turned me off and it had nothing to do with a language barrier because I speak Italian fluently. I've just been calorie counting and then the holidays came around and I started back in Feb. If I could do CD or LL I would be in Italy those plans aren't avaliable. I need to lose 35 pounds and I know doing a VLCD would definitely help me with a jump start.. but I definitely wouldn't try and make a meal plan by myself alone, one cup of soup of day is harsh.

How are you KD?

Minerva you do look great! and you will meet your summer goal that's for sure. are you still doing a VLCD and does it get harder the closer you are to your goal weight? You definitely are inspirating and also others on this forum. I have 30 pounds to lose and I"m on my weight lose journey too..

Heya. :)
I'm no longer on the pure abstinence VLCD LighterLife... I'm on a slightly different programme - still with LighterLife, where I eat 3 'foodpacks' per day along with a protein+vegetable meal, which totals to about 800-900 calories per day. I do feel a lot healthier doing this than I did on abstinence...
On abstinence by month 9 I was feeling weak, ill and dizzy. I got off the diet and did reintroduction to food properly... Even though I did feel a bit ill by the end: by all means I loved my abstinence journey. By completely removing myself from food I was able to see that it was going to kill me in the end. I had to stop eating, to start living.

As long as everything is done in moderation and people take responsibility for themselves, things are ok. A VLCD is fine as long as the person doesn't become obsessed; and like me, when they start to feel ill - they take the responsibility and take themselves off it. After all, we are our own people, and we do appear to have brains in our heads letting us know what is best for us! (well.. sometimes. :D )

Hey Minerva, well said and I agree with you. people must take responsibility for themselves.

you definitely are motivation for me. I'm still doing calorie counting but because I live in Italy there aren't any counselors for CD or LL here so doing a VLCD on those won't happen and the previous dr's lack of knowledge of the eurodiet I wasn't convinced to start the program with him, it appeared he was more after my money than anything and I was really shocked that he was a doctor with such little knowledge of the eurodiet, so I started doing my own diet with calorie counting. I was thinking that maybe I could do my own VLCD with ordering the products via online but then I don't have a dr to monitor me but I could check with a nutrionist here and ask for advice if I decide to order some products via online to make sure I"m getting all the nutrients and vitamins that I need. Considering I have 35 pounds to lose I"m a bit hestitant about losing weight so fast because you can gain it back just as quick. I do know once you lose weight you have to make a lifestyle change which I have that has helped me lose the 24 pounds that I've lost so that part I do understand and realize. Also I work out at least 2 hours 6 days a week( 1 hour of aerobics in the morning and 1 hour of walking/running in the evenings) and I know I'll have to cut back or slow it down for a bit and oh yeah I go swimming 1 day a week too.

This forum has definitely helped and I'm going to speak with a nutrionist today and see what they say and make a decision by the end of the week :)

Back