YOGHURT SCONES

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Yogurt Scones

3½ syns each - makes 10 (I made 12, so guessed about 3 syns each)

170g / 6oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
28g/1oz low fat margarine
1tbsp skimmed milk
1 x 200g pot mullerlite yogurt (any flavour)
fry light

Pre heat oven 230 c/gas 8.

1. Sift flour and salt into bowl rub in margarine until you have breadcrumbs.

2. Add milk and yogurt mixing with a kife until you have a soft dough. I didn't use quite all of the yogurt.

3. Turn onto floured board, knead lightly to a smooth dough. Roll out to about 1 inch thick and cut into 10 rounds with pastry cutter.

4. Place on non stick tray sprayed with fry light. Cook for 10 mins until risen and golden.

Serve warm or cold.

With a little quark and a scrape of jam....

You can also freeze them.

Enjoy.

Donnie, I love you!! I am having family over for afternoon tea tomorrow and these are just perfect!! I was going to make 'normal' scones and ust not have one (and have a major diva like strop about it!)

What flavor yoghurt would you recommend?

I used Strawberry yoghurt with quark and strawberry jam.

But, Vanilla would be nice with quark and lemon curd.

There are so many lovely Mullerlite fruit yoghurts about now.....enjoy.

Donnie I made 2 batches of these yesterday and today have none left. My family loved them and were very shocked when I said that they were a SW friendly recipe.

I did one batch with cherry yoghurt and one batch with the vanilla and choc sprinkles muller. I then mixed quark with white choc options and served bowls of it with various jams and lemon curd. I also did quark with choc orange options in to go with the choc scones.

I am making more today to take to work tomorrow!

I always thought baking wasn't for me but you may have just converted me!

Thanks

My pleasure Gem, I have also made two batches over the last two days and my DH scoffs them as soon as they are out of the oven, LOL....

I am also enjoying being a cook again and am throughly enjoying everything that I make, well done on your scones, and thank you so much for your ideas of what to serve with them. X

scones are my fav, thank you so much i am going to make some of these later, would you mind if i took them to my taster evening in the week
thanks

I don't mind at all, I'm sure everyone will love you for taking them to class - they are very moreish....X

Lovely recipe, someone brought these to group last night and I copied the recipe down.
Slight variation...add 28g sultanas, 1/2 tsp baking powder. No salt or milk. The recipe also said to chill the dough for a few hours. I'm not sure what difference this will make but the scones were yummy!! I guess if I have time I will chill it, if not, I won't!

This recipe used strawberry yoghurt but I love the idea of the cherry one, cherry yog is my favourite!

Thanks Donnie. xx

These sound lovely - I've got my daughter and her 3 kids coming later today, so I'll get cracking with some and I'll wait to see the shock on her face when I actually eat one! She reckons I can't eat anything but salad - silly girl - she's never tried Slimming World! (mind you she's really slim - at the moment - she has gone to WW in the past and she remembers not getting much to eat at all!) - LOL!

Lovely recipe, someone brought these to group last night and I copied the recipe down.
Slight variation...add 28g sultanas, 1/2 tsp baking powder. No salt or milk. The recipe also said to chill the dough for a few hours. I'm not sure what difference this will make but the scones were yummy!! I guess if I have time I will chill it, if not, I won't!

Thank you Jaylou, I am going to try them with the sultana's - my DH loves these so much they don't last five minutes once they are cooked....

I'm so glad you are all enjoying the recipe. X

These are truely wonderful, thank you soooo much, would definately recommend anyone making them yum yum yum!!

Back