Yoghurts... AGAIN (sorry!)

They sell frozen bumbarb in Asda and I saw it in Waitrose the other day too.

They sell frozen bumbarb in Asda and I saw it in Waitrose the other day too.

Made me chortle too! :D
Sorry, M-mouse, just appealed to my (childish) sense of humour! :eek:
I've not been able to source rhubarb from either Morries or Tesco. Asda and Waitrose are too far for a special trip but next time I'm passing I'll have to remember to go in.
Thanks xx

KidA - not all "sugars" are equal.
The sugar in fruit is fructose, which creates a faster, higher insulin surge in the body, and gets converted into glycogen and fat very very quickly. This is why there is so much concern about "High Fructose Corn Syrup" in sodas, ready meals etc.

Other sugars - like the lactose in milk products, aren't digested quite as quickly, and don't cause same the insulin peak.

As Anja says, rhubarb is allowed on the diet, and we are in the middle of the rhubarb season in the UK - so why not buy some, bake it with a little splenda, and then stir it into your zero-fat yogurt?

Hi - new to the forum so hope I've picked the right place to join in about this.
I think I may have slipped up here. I'm convinced the book said up to 2 yogurts a day with fruit pieces was Ok - OH has wandered off with the book so I can't check.

In my fridge I have:
Muller toffee and vanilla. I did wonder when we bought them but they seemed to conform to what I'd read, however I see they contain fructose so that will be all for OH.

M&S count on us spiced rhubarb - its fab! Its 5.8g carb per 100g and contains no fructose/sucrose/glucose so I wonder if this is Ok?

Weightwatchers pink grapefruit (mixed pack of citrus) without the pack so no info....found on Tesco and the other three contain fructose but the pink grapefruit Oligofructose - is that still a no-no?

I did have some other M&S fruit yoghurts in a 4 pack but they've all gone and I can't find the details online.

Muller toffee and vanilla used to be ok DuKan until a couple of weeks ago (per the official website).

2 x fat free yoghurts with fruit pieces used to be the official ok on Cruise - both counting as "tolerated items" - you've probably read about those. Ill advised if near your target as they tend to slow things up, even stall us.

Those M&S ones you mention are certainly better on the carb levels BUT they contain 0.1% fat. Over here, fat free is the recommendation. Anyone tried those M&S ones and got away with it?

With all the dairy confusion in the UK, I think it's a case of trial and error to be honest. As you're not that overweight, I'd exercise caution as heavier people would probably get away with more than you might.

Basically, fat free Total natural, or fat free quark or fat free fromage frais/blanc are the best. Sweeten them yourself. That's the best advice I'd dare give now.

Muller toffee and vanilla used to be ok DuKan until a couple of weeks ago (per the official website).

2 x fat free yoghurts with fruit pieces used to be the official ok on Cruise - both counting as "tolerated items" - you've probably read about those. Ill advised if near your target as they tend to slow things up, even stall us.

Those M&S ones you mention are certainly better on the carb levels BUT they contain 0.1% fat. Over here, fat free is the recommendation. Anyone tried those M&S ones and got away with it?

With all the dairy confusion in the UK, I think it's a case of trial and error to be honest. As you're not that overweight, I'd exercise caution as heavier people would probably get away with more than you might.

Basically, fat free Total natural, or fat free quark or fat free fromage frais/blanc are the best. Sweeten them yourself. That's the best advice I'd dare give now.

Nightmare! I've been for a squizz in the fridge and the quark and fromage frais have 0.2% fat, the cottage cheese 0.5 and the extra light soft cheese has 4.0!!! Even the yogurt - plain and fat free greek from Tesco have 0.2.
I think I may have to accept 0.2, maybe even 0.5 or I'll end up with absolutely nothing to eat!

I've found plenty of other culprits in my eating so may allow myself one or two of the M&S ones on PV days on the basis rhubarb counts as a veg, although I have ordered real rhubarb from Tesco to make my own so we'll see how that goes (I'm NOT an enthusiastic cook!)

Thank you so much for the advice - are you in the US? I suspect there's far more options there but I will keep looking, may have to go farther afield than Tesco.

Last edited:
HansPan - the only thing you mention which really is a no no is the extra lite soft cheese (philly?). It's a tolerated item in Cruise only, 30g a day. Fat free isn't easy in the UK.

HansPan - the only thing you mention which really is a no no is the extra lite soft cheese (philly?). It's a tolerated item in Cruise only, 30g a day. Fat free isn't easy in the UK.

OK finally found the book and had a re-read, and I wasn't imagining it - it said that the ones with fruit bits were OK - even in Attack - but to limit to 2 a day if you were struggling to lose! Still I think I'll minimize my intake and mainly stick to plain and flavour it - I've been experimenting with jelly crystals in fromage frais - not bad!

The cream cheese I bought because I saw a recipe for cheesecake I was itching to try - (its actually tesco own and lower fat than phily I think) - but the whole rush off to sort people in hospital weekend has put paid to any cooking plans anyway so it will sit there at least for another week!

HanSpan

That cream cheese usually has a two month sell by date... so I'd hang onto it for longer still :D

Back