Yoo Moo Fat Free Frozen Yogurt

Yumski

Hi Guys :wave_cry:

A Yoo Moo frozen yogurt place has opened in Canary Wharf! It states that every flavour is fat free, how can I calculate the syns? It is REALLY yummy so im hoping that they are free?

Any help at all?

Thanks

fat free might not mean sugar free :( i hope they are sugar free for ya though :D x

Have a look on line, a quick check in google shows that they have a website and nutrional values listed.

Then you can work it out on the syns calculator.

I'd have thought the 20 cals = 1 syn rule wouldnt apply here as yoghurt would have a free food allowance?

They won't be free because frozen ready made desserts don't qualify for any free food allowance unfortunately.

So yoghurt cant be free if its frozen?

Unless we freeze it ourselves (there's been numerous Slimming World Muller light "ice-cream" receipes in the past)

They do like to keep us guessing dont they!

mandy296 said:
So yoghurt cant be free if its frozen?

Unless we freeze it ourselves (there's been numerous Slimming World Muller light "ice-cream" receipes in the past)

They do like to keep us guessing dont they!

Yep all of the below don't qualify for a free food allowance, mainly because they are either something you would eat as a snack and probably in high quantitys and because SW can't guarentee the full ingredients are SW friendly

Alcoholic drinks
Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
Bread & crispbreads
Breakfast cereals
Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
Crisps & snacks
Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
Pizza
Puddings & desserts
Sandwich/deli fillers
Sandwiches and wraps
Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
Soups, all varieties
Sweets & chocolates

mandy296 said:
So yogurt is NOT a pudding or dessert then? But frozen yogurt is?

I don't make the rules unfortunately.

There are various fat free frozen yoghurt type things here in US/Canada and it was confirmed to me that they don't qualify for a free food allowance.

I suggest contacting SW again yourself to confirm, but the above is as shown from the SW website for items that don't qualify for a free food allowance.

SW have to restrict how much we consume of certain foods. It is like a potato, cooked in it's usual way in a meal qualifies as a free food allowance, but as a bag of crisps, it then has no free food allowance.

Same for fruit, in it's raw form, it is free, but canned, stewed or dried it has no free food allowance.

Same goes for sandwiches, make it yourself at home using a HEb and free food ingredients then it is free, but buy a ready made sandwich, it has no free food allowance what so ever.

The list goes on when you look at the entire list above.

Last edited:
Sorry Britmum, not getting at you there (I always think you explain things really well, and your recipe site is fab!) Just struggling to follow the logic on this occasion, but then that's down to Slimming World not you.

I'll just continue sticking my muller lights in the freezer, I'm not likely to be in canary wharf buying frozen yoghurts anyway!

Think I'll just keep then to a treat! Looked on their website and it's 93 cals per 'serving' is 4.5 syns am I getting that right? Thanks

Back