You nice people help me??? Where did I go wrong?

hur575

Hi all
I have been doing SW for two weeks, in my first week I lost 2pounds and I was disappointed, as I wanted bigger loss but I read your posts and I realised a loss is a loss I should be grateful.

I was weighed again yesterday and I have put 2.5 pounds!!!!! I am not new to SW and I understand it very well, I have been more than 100% committed, I even been going to the gym 5 days a week, doing 1hr intense aerobics!!!

I really do’nt understand I feel so gutted! I am not planning to quit, i even paid my 12 weeks in advance, it is a change of lifestyle and SW suit me fine, but I can’t help to feel very disappointed!:cry:

The positive thing is a feel lighter, my cloths even seem looser in just two weeks but the scale says I am heavier than what I have started!! It is not my star week, no where near there! I can’t measure myself, as I really don’t know how to measure my waist or the lack of it!

Honey re-read your post. You may not have lost lbs but you're losing inches - and that's an achievement so feel proud!

Sometimes it takes our bodies time to re-adjust to diet changes. Also, do you usually do 5 lots of working out? If this is new it may play a part too - this combined with diet changes may have made body cling to resources to help support the exercise. If it's not new, you may be building muscle. And the first week or so you're losing a lot of water retention - and this differs person to person. You may not have had much?

Don't lose heart - you will see the scales changing. And you're losing inches! :)

Plus, did you wear heavier clothes? Eat or drink before WI? A lot of things can cause scale fluctuations. I also wear same clothes etc...

Good luck and keep it up - you're making lots of positive life improvements and should feel proud! xx

Hey, when did you start going to the gym? When you begin exercise you'll start building muscle and storing water in them. So you have probably lost inches but as muscle is heavier it's showing as a gain. 5hrs aerobics a week is a LOT to begin with, but if you keep it up, your body will catch up and the losses will start to show... :)keep with the plan and you'll be fine :) x

The others are right Hun...the more that you go to the Gym at the beginning, you will either gain or sts. Drink water whilst you work out and you should only go every other day to the gym to give your body resting time.
You will find that you drop sizes in clothes quicker than the weight too, as I have (Im training for the 3 Peaks Challenge next year in 24 hours) I love my shape now and although I know I have almost 4 more stone to go, I'm happy plodding along!

Oh guys you are wonderful, the gym is new thing, I have been coach potato for years!! But my consultant kept asking me if i change anything in my food diary? I ate the same?? Nothing about my gym activities? can I build muscle that fast? It is only one week, I did yoga, and boxing, few of treadmill and bike sessions, and swimming!! My consultant said she will call me today to workout what went wrong!

It'sthe muscle building and the water they store too. Keep drinking lots of water and I betover the next few weeks you have great losses. Maybe if you are sticking to EE/G/R try mixing your days about aswell. Xx

Seriously, you cannot build muscle that fast! You'd have to be some kind of body builder to build muscles and gain weight.
But I do agree, for whatever reason, people seem to have small gains when they take up exercising. It will even itself out and as someone else suggested, you need to drink more water when exercising.
Also, if you 'feel' thinner then thats good enough....this is all about how we feel and not what the numbers on the scales read, though I know how it can make you feel if they are not the right numbers!
Keep doing what you are doing......it will happen for you!

Seriously, you cannot build muscle that fast! You'd have to be some kind of body builder to build muscles and gain weight.
But I do agree, for whatever reason, people seem to have small gains when they take up exercising. It will even itself out and as someone else suggested, you need to drink more water when exercising.
Also, if you 'feel' thinner then thats good enough....this is all about how we feel and not what the numbers on the scales read, though I know how it can make you feel if they are not the right numbers!
Keep doing what you are doing......it will happen for you!

I thought so too, will keep what Iam doing, thanks

Plus, did you wear heavier clothes? Eat or drink before WI? A lot of things can cause scale fluctuations. I also wear same clothes etc...

Good luck and keep it up - you're making lots of positive life improvements and should feel proud! xx

Thanks, I did have my lunch late than normal, just two hours before wi, but i just did not think even my food will weigh that much! I just now kind of understand, maybe it is a shock to my lazy body hehe, thanks for your kind words

I agree - you're not building muscle. Aerobics is a cardiovascular exercise for burning calories rather than building muscles. Even if you were doing weight training exercise it takes weeks to build muscle tissue. If you're new to exercise then it does sound like you're overdoing it by doing this five times a week. You should try and allow a day of rest between exercise sessions so three times a week is perfect. But definitely drink more water!

Maybe if you are sticking to EE/G/R try mixing your days about aswell. Xx

I was thinking to stick to what I started with, as I love green, and keep everything the same and see if scales move the right direction.

Lol I shocked my body when I started on my cross trainer and had tiny losses to start with, but the water soon sortsthat out if you drink plenty of it. BTW, I was saying yes to building muscle (obviously not 2.5lbs that would just be mental lol) but the muscle building is (possibly) causing water retention which causes the weight gain/sts.

is it even possible to gain 2.5lbs of muscle in one week? That would be impressive... lol :) x

I agree - you're not building muscle. Aerobics is a cardiovascular exercise for burning calories rather than building muscles. Even if you were doing weight training exercise it takes weeks to build muscle tissue. If you're new to exercise then it does sound like you're overdoing it by doing this five times a week. You should try and allow a day of rest between exercise sessions so three times a week is perfect. But definitely drink more water!

I do combination of yoga and cardio, I am kind of loving the gym now, it seem much easier now.
in biggest loser they make them exercise 6 days, and I think it is more than hour a day, I do classes, and the instructor advice me, the easiest way to do things, and i take it easy.

6 days is way over doing things. It's for TV, they push them hard so they get ridiculous weigh-in results and keep viewers. It's probably not good to try 6 long days a week! Lol. Gosh they must make them spend all day in the gym... x

Back