You pay your money and you take your chance

Diva2B

Striving to be good.....
Here we go again......

Sunday bl**dy Sunday!

Sunday lunch has once again loomed and I have felt that insatiable desire to eat a plateful as usual. First Sunday of CD I ate everything in sight.

I was really lucky last week (2nd Sunday) and had a few bits of chicken, sprouts, green beans and brocolli - and I stayed in ketosis. Amazingly lost 6lb last week.

This sunday (3rd Sunday), I suppose my mindset from the moment i woke up was 'yippee its sunday and I am gonna eat later'.....
Had chicken, a heap of green cabbage, broccoli, sprouts and green beans.
2 hours later I am out of ketosis.
Lesson learned methinks.

I pushed my luck and took my chances. It didn't work.
Won't be doing that again.
Sunday is that day when I know that I have had my weigh in (Saturday am) and I know that I have 6 days left to put right all that I have done wrong on my wretched Sunday.
This is so silly. I was quite happy and doing well - no real struggles until today that is.

I don't feel sorry for myself, I paid my money and took my chance as the old song goes. As it ends up, I have got what I deserved.
Is there anyone out there who can kick my butt for me please?

Michelle x

LOL, Sunday's are my worst day too! Although I am only a newbie to CD so have only had to endure one! Every time I think of food (I crave pork crackling!) I imagine the day my boyfriend can actually get his arms round me and the day I can stop shopping at Evans! My CDC has this saying and it helps me-"Food has a power that only YOU let it have. It doesn't force its way into your mouth!"

why would that knock you out of ketosis.. chicken and green veg?

just curious.. cos i thought cos it was low carb it wouldnt bring you out..
strange..
x x x

I think if you drink loads and check again, by the morning you will be showing pink again that shouldnt have knocked you out by much. It happened to me when I had some chilli and lettuce but it was back to normal in the morning ( i drunk loads and loads of water) although my weigh in is tomorrow:scale: so that will tell me???

Me too, come on girl you can do this so do it properly and be good to yourself. Keep the power in your control and you will be a winner. Bum duly smacked!!!

Plenty of shoeing available here as well!

They say that you dont stop pushing until you trip over so maybe its a good thing you did it this way rather than falling ova completely.

Whats done is done - end of, tomorrows a new day so get back on it with ya water and packs!

Here's to another CD week xxxxxxxxx

morning diva.... u kick me and i'll kick u! could do with it after yesterday....

i hope yr back on the wagon today, i am, back to the shakes and loads of water. yesterdays over with and todays a new day..

so start again today, good luck!

Awwww thanks Guys.....

Kitteh.... I ate LOADS of veg and chicken.......

Guess what??? This morning I was almost burgundy on my ketostix. :eek:
Still gave me the shock that I needed not to push my luck though.

Cheeky mare that I am, I still had my pack and carried on as normal last night. (after all that scoff!)

Must be coz its St Patricks day and alittle of the luck of the irish fell on me!

Have a wonderful week everyone... i'm off to work now....

BE GORGEOUS Y'ALL

Michelle xxx

Just a thought....if you know that this is going to keep happening, why not make it an official day to have an AAM, instead of doing an AAMW. Then you know you can eat, but stick to the AAM quantities. This way you won't have to beat yourself up over it and even look forward to Sundays. Or alternatively....chuck the family out for their Sunday roast down the pub!

Helenxx

why would that knock you out of ketosis.. chicken and green veg?

just curious.. cos i thought cos it was low carb it wouldnt bring you out..
strange..
x x x

I think it might be the green beans?

Broccolli & cabbage wouldn't kick you out. I think pulses have a little more carbs.

To be honest, I don't think the glycogen stores would have been sufficiently replenished. I reckon ketosis will be back within 24hrs

Just a thought....if you know that this is going to keep happening, why not make it an official day to have an AAM, instead of doing an AAMW. Then you know you can eat, but stick to the AAM quantities. This way you won't have to beat yourself up over it and even look forward to Sundays. Or alternatively....chuck the family out for their Sunday roast down the pub!

Helenxx

EXCELLENT idea!!

Back