You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

Not a Healthy B?

Hi,

New to this and looking for some good recipes. Heard about the pancakes from one of the SW groups and a quick search took me here. It seems the pancakes are no longer part of the HEB option if I'm reading the book right. Porridge oats are 4.5 syns per 25g which makes this recipe a bit less appealing.

Am I right in this? I may be getting it completely wrong but can't see porridge listed anywhere in the HEB section of the SW book.

Thanks

I made these yesterday using fat free natural yogurt and a packet of plain oats so simple which I mixed up the night before. We had them with bacon. Was a great breakfast thanks for posting the recipe.

Is Oat So Simple the same as Ready Brek as I have some of that in the cupboard..

these sound scrummy! breakfast for tomorrow sorted :)

had these today for breakfast made with a toffee muller, sliced banana & maple syrup, they were gorgeous! i will definately be having them again maybe trying a few different muller flavours. :)

I made these as a pre rugby match breakfast.

Completly amazing and kept me satisfied until after the game. Which is rarely heard of!

These look amazing! Only problem is I don't like yogurt, but I wondered if I would be able to taste the yogurt in these ??

I'm gonna give these a go.

These look amazing! Only problem is I don't like yogurt, but I wondered if I would be able to taste the yogurt in these ??

You can't taste the yoghurt, i used a vanilla one and it tasted lovely! It's mainly there (i think) to soak the oats so they're not brittle and gross when you cook them and to make them bulky. You could use creme fraiche or something similar?

You dont need a cookie cutter, just spoon the mixture into a pan, let it sizzle a bit, then spoon some more on. Just to stop them sticking together.

I find you don't even need syrup, as they're quick swete and moist already. I have mine with loads of fruit and a little dollop of yoghurt.

Just made them, used a laddle worth every time and it made 3, they were big enough. The first one split into 3 when I was turning it but then I turned the heat up and the other 2 were fine. I had them with defrosted raspberries, sliced banana and a dollop of greek lemon mullerlight. They definitely get a thumbs up from me :)

Don't have high hopes for my pancake making skills but i will defo be trying this recipe

Update - made them yesterday with 2 eggs it made 4 pancakes and they were really nice! Not the same as proper ones but still great as a syn free breakfast (tho i did drizzle maple syrup on mine)

Last edited:
Porridge and mullerlight in fridge, ready to make in the morning. Hope I like them, I need something different to have for breakfast some days.

Have a look at slimming eats website, recipe list, the American style pancakes with maple syrup and bacon are very good...as are most of the other recipes.

Back