You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

I think I'm being a little special but wanted to dour check... Would you need to eat the whole mixture to meet your hex b option... Could you use half a sachet and syn- if so how many eggs would you need to use xx

Just put my magic porridge in the fridge (used vanilla mullerlight). Going to try half the mixture as from the sounds of it they are pretty filling! And that way I've got some leftover for later if I like it! Can't wait for morning now!

I'm going to try these tomorrow, I have mixed the porridge with banana and custard mullerlight as my local Asda had no vanilla. Hope they taste nice.

Will probably just do half the mixture. I usually split my HEB on extra easy day so I can still have a slice of bread later in the day.

I had these this am and halved the recipe and I'll have half heb later on. I put choc Philly on top with sliced banana! Yum!! I was never really a fan of pancakes (just the choc toppings!!!) but these are quite nice to have occasionally if I fancy something sweet!! Thanks for recipe! Xx

Just finished having some of these, I put my mixture in the fridge last night (oats so simple heb and a vanilla muller light), then mixed in 2 eggs, 2 tbsp sweetener and some chopped blueberries, served with chopped banana and blueberries, really nice although the 1st one was too thick and cooked on too high a heat, uncooked in the middle but the rest were nice and thin and cooked slowly.

Just put my magic porridge in the fridge (used vanilla mullerlight). Going to try half the mixture as from the sounds of it they are pretty filling! And that way I've got some leftover for later if I like it! Can't wait for morning now!

Had my Magic Pancakes and they were a bit too sweet for me! I don't have much of a sweet tooth first thing (a banana and mullerlight are normally enough for me) so maybe I would prefer it as a dessert or I might try it without the sweetener. My first pancake was a bit too big so I couldn't flip it without it falling apart! I still ate it but only 2 of them turned out nice enough to photograph! I served them with blueberries and sliced banana. Half the mixture was definitely enough as I'm stuffed now (I used 1 egg and 1 tbsp sweetener). Now I have half a bowl of Magic Porridge to enjoy later!

2012-02-06%252011.08.35.jpg

Another recipe to add to my to-try list! I don't know where I'll find enough days to try all the delicious recipes!

Do you think you could make these the night before & then either eat cold the next morning or zap in micro for few seconds??? x
Can't wait to try them x

Actually you can freeze them and then just pop them in the oven for a few minutes. Saves on the hassle of making pancakes in the morning when you are in a rush to get out the door. :)

the toffee mullerlight works well too if you don't have/can't get vanilla. We discussed these in group yesterday, and the consultant said that she would recommend that you use them as a HEB and eat the pancakes at the same time with plenty of fruit rather than leaving them for later and snacking on them as you'd be more likely to neglect your 1/3 SF and jeopardise your weight loss.

me and my boyfriend made these last night...Yum! I was super happy I had a totally syn free day so I added some ice cream and a teaspoon of honey YUM! Will be making these again soon!:D

Oh my word - just made these for breakfast (but had to try 1 now) - lush & it made soooooooo many
Made 10 with 35g porridge, 165g yog, 3 eggs & sweetner - going to split them between me & oh x

I've just had a go at these. I made them with half the amount of magic porridge mix and 1 egg. I had to use toffee mullerlight because it was all I had and I couldn't wait until my shopping delivery tomorrow!! The toffee worked well and the pancakes were lovely. I often find homemade crepes are gorgeously sickly and I found these were the same so I couldn't eat too many.
I'm thinking of making a big batch of these to bring to our taster night at class next week along with some yummy fruits to top them off - it's nearly Pancake Day after all!! :)

Wow am glad that the majority of peeps seem to love the pancakes! I have some on the brew for tomorrow.

I agree that there are quite a few ingredients, but as someone else pointed out, it can leave you not really wanting much lunch, or you can split and eat them in two halves, or syn half the oats and make a smaller breakfast for 3 syns - whatever works for you! Experimenting is the best part of SW and making the best choices to suit your lifestyle ... that's why they call it 'Food Optimising'!

Happy pancaking everyone! xxx

Just made these tonight, raspberry and cranberry muller and i served them with strawberries and 0% fat greek yoghurt - nom nom nom!!

now heading to kitchen to try these :) thanks for sharing

Thankyou, these are fantastic!! They've also made me eat strawberries, blueberries, a banana and some grapes with them (to make them look healthy!!) and I'm really bad at eating fruit!!

i must confess because i had only just found this and wanted to try them straight away i didn't soak my oats in yogurt overnight but they where very very good i shared mine with hubby and had kiwi banana and blueberry's and i will syn them as i need my hex for later we both really enjoyed them but decided they would have to be a special treat breckie or dessert but yes defo give them a try :)

Back