Your best kitchen gadget

I live in Reading and a new branch of Lakeland has just opened here. Gadget heaven!!! I just bought myself a ginger peeler - I like to use fresh root ginger in lots of different dishes, and this peeler really works well.

I also have a set of Global knives - as someone else here mentioned, they are excellent. Expensive, though (mine were a present!!).

Well Lakeland is where I got the pineapple peeler and preparer thingy
Lakeland is online too - I also bought a load of silicone oven things from them they have been great too :)

I know have a long list of things to find and see if I would like them
also some good ideas for my daughter on here :):)

My sister has a pineapple peeler thingy and thinks it is terrific.

I used to go to the Lakeland not far from where she lives, but now I have one in my town and I go past it nearly every day. The temptation is just toooooo much - I love gadgets!!!!

My halogen oven (see previous drooling posts :p)

Does the best SW chips I've ever tasted - ah, hang on, the only SW chips I've tasted - but they are gorgeous out of it :)

My kitchen scales ;-) I couldn't do SW without them, still can't judge what 28g of cheese looks like!!

Other than that, my slow cooker especially now the colder nights are here and my steamer. Oh and my food processer for grating all the veg when I make veg burgers or bhajis.

My le creuset stainless steal saucepans. They heat up really quickly over a really low heat and have a really cool handle which holds the lids for when stiring.

Oh and a few months ago, I treated myself to an ACTIFRY. Can have all the chips u want, every nite. NO SYNS!!
And NO smell of frying! Was well worth it.

My George Foreman... love it! Every home should have one!

oh I have so many :rolleyes: being disabled kitchen gadgets are a godsend.

like others have said a good sharp knife

liquidiser / blender

kenwood chef foodmixer and all the gadgets

good set of scales

one touch tin opener
I'd be lost without that to open all the tinned tomato's we used when cooking;)

oh I forgot, my non slip mats

I use them under chopping boards and plates. could never survive without them.

have a collection of various colours now

HH1011.jpg

I am so glad I started this thread

but one question how do you cook syn free chips in an actifry I thought that needed some oil in it

I was interested in that too about the Actifry unless you use oil as a B choice??? Interested to know the answer though!

My fave kitchen items are

Slow cooker
Digital Food Scales
Coffee Machine
Dishwasher (LOL!!!!!)
and mains operated Can Opener

Jill

Definately my rice cooker as i really cannot cook rice on the stove, i've had one since i was about 18 and it has been a Godsend!! Followed by my egg slicer, i just love the little gadget but keep needing to replace it as the strings get worn:(

I would really love a chipper of some sort because i soon got bored of trying to make my own chips lol

Mine's the Titan peeler, absolutely amazing!

I saw that on TV the other morning and I soooo want one! But it's a bit pricey! Are they really as good as they look?

My hand blender and my egg boiler, makes perfect hb or soft boiled eggs and I don't have to watch it. :)

Back