Your experiance

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hi all :)
I'm really thinking about starting Dukan and giving it 100%, instead of diving in head first and giving up after a week, I want to really prepare!!

Can you all let me know your experiances on it? How long you've been on it, how much weight you've lost, how you find it? Why you love/hate it?

I'd really appreciate it!!
xxx

Hi :D
If you have done atkins before you will know how rubbish you can feel for a couple of days when you start...persevere and you will start feeling great and see the weight dropping off :D
You can see my losses on my sig hon.
read the sticky ' top tips for dukan' thats got some good advice.
Get the book, read it, get your shopping list done and ask any questions you like :D

Your losses are amazing :D
I did atkins but cheated here and there (and everywhere) y'know having wraps etc! Stupid!
But I want to give this my all so expect to have me hound you lot with questions when I get stuck :/

Thanks!!

thankyou x

ah well you can use your oatbran galettes as wraps I do :) so no cheating ;)

HI Daisy,

you've seen Vicky's reply, to that I would add: google for Dukan - there are some blogs and press articles that give you reviews and personal experiences. Definitely buy the book if you're serious. And read it before you start - at least the first chapters, including the one about the attack and consolidation phase.

Think carefully about when you start, the first few days are hard. I especially waited until a Tuesday when I'm at work and not at home and going swimming with a 3-year old.
Make a food plan so you don't get bored. I hope you like fish and eggs otherwise you will get bored.
Make sure you have all the right ingredients at home, including oatbran (very important, it's not the same as porridge oats). Try not to have tempting other stuff lying around (ok tricky if you have a family)

If you do have a family and normally eat together, try and plan you meals so that you can eat with them and still have nearly the same. Example: we had family visiting so we had roast chicken & everything and I just had chicken meat and some veg, everyone else had roast potatoes & gravy etc. Grilled lean meats, poached fish, all work for this set-up.

I found it remarkably easy. No cravings, no hunger. After 4 days attack and no side effects I had one really bad day with stomach cramps as my system adjusted to digesting nothing but protein (I suspect) but that went away and not happened since.

Try not to buy any prepared foods, if you do, read the labels very carefully. There are hidden carbs in the shape of starches and sugars in all sorts of cooked meats and low-fat joghurts.

Stick to the list, there are no exceptions :)

I like it because it works, it's a no-brainer when you're shopping once you've read the food list...

I've had a few wobbles so my loss hasn't been consistent.... and I'm totm at mo... :(....but you can see from my graph the way the weight's gone....the peaks are non-dukan related :( I was naughty...

Daisy - you asked for honestly... and I saw on a previous post that you've previously lost 8 stone and regained quite a bit since.

Basically, as you can see from my ticker, while this diet if followed closely will guarantee you a fast weight loss... like any other, if you stop without going through phases 3 and 4 of the diet, you regain even faster...

Why do I love it?
- there's no measuring, weighing, counting.
- I enjoy the foods we can eat freely.
- I don't mind spending time on food preparation.

Why do I dislike it?
- errr can be rather errr constipating.
- it's difficult (NOT impossible though) with social occasions.
- it's not easy to just pick something up and eat it if caught unawares so preparation of menus etc required.
- I miss fruit.

Because I've been playing with this diet for quite a while - my fault not the diet's cos I have "eating" issues - I see how difficult it is often to get back into the saddle after a lapse and, also, how the diet works less well with each successive restart. So I'd advise being READY and prepared before kicking off... then sailing through, no lapses... to Conso!

I have literally devoured all the info on the web about it so I know the basics but defo reading the book before I start!!
I'm just wondering about personal experiances and you all seem to be doing so well!! :D

I love that there are things you CAN have and things you simply CAN'T have, it makes it simpler.
I'm very confused about this oat bran stuff :/ What exactly is it? Carbs? Do we have to have it?

I'm excited whoop!!
xxx

It's loverly... I make muffins every morning with it... yes it's "obligatory" and once you've tried it (or perhaps twice, cos I wasn't that keen initially), you'll not want to be without it. It's a fat buster, helps with cholesterol, and enables you to make cakes, biscuits, muffins etc (within the strict limits of the quantity allowed per day, according to which phase you're in).

Attachments

• Muffins.jpg
    Muffins.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 67
A fat buster?! :O Wow this sounds good!!
Does it involve baking or anything? :/

The pics looks yum!!
x

I like it because I like the food in it
I also like the no measuring and getting full without being over full,and then properly not wanting anymore.
The fact that I no longer crave carbs. I am not saying sometimes I would love a biscuit or chips if everyone else is having them, but I can get past wanting it easier.
Plus I lost weight 2 weeks in a row I have never done that before.
I really like the fact that its low fat too, I dont do high fat low carb.

Dislikes
I find it hard on PV days when I am 'allowed' some veggies. I find I dont really want them, though at first I really fancied them when I couldnt have them lol.
I love fruit and if I want a snack and go to the fridge , I wish I could have a handful of strawberries or blue berries or raspberries, thats the worst thing.
I hate drinking water too, but try and get over it by having peppermint teas and twinnings fruit teas.

Last edited:
Back