Your honesty is required...

I'm the same age as you Jay and had pondered over this before a night out a few weeks ago, in the end I bottled it and wore skinny jeans but have since had them on with a long tunic. As my friend said (and Hellie) they are just like thick tights but more comfortable. So go for it hun xx

i say go for it! i think they look lovely with long tunic tops or jumper dresses with long boots.
i think you are in a no go area when you wear them with a skin tight short top and stilettos!!
i live in them at the moment - and i have a pair of jeggings (jean leggings) they are just fab with heels and a spangly top!!!

I suppose it depends on how good your legs are! Not for me!

I would say that age is irrelevant... it's how you wear them, and the shape you are.

For example, I wear mine with long t shirts or dresses, and flat sandals or ballet pumps, or for a night out I wear them with heels or boots.
In winter I put them with boots, a denim skirt and a top, or with a jumper dress and boots.

As long as you feel comfy, I say GO FOR IT! :)

I love leggings! They give me the confidence to wear short denim skirts and short dresses, which I would look really silly in with my big old tree trunks on show! Lol

Go for it! :0)

Xxxx

Personally I say go for it. I wore mine in the summer under wrap dresses with flip flops and recently I've been wearing them with long tunic tops/knitted dresses and knee high boots. I only like 100 denier tights which are really hard to get so leggings bridge the gap.

How funny you should post this as I brought a pair of leggings yesterday after debating for weeks whether I should. They look ok you know with a long top and heels and I assume with flats too but I am so short I need the height.
Go for it and wear your leggings with pride lol
Primark sell ones that pull you in at the tum/bum which are a bonus :)

As previous posters have said it depends on what you wear them with. Personally i would hate to see the return of leggings and a tshirt but they can look great with a long tunic:)

I think they can look nice with the right top and never ever wear them with trainers, thats one step away from a gravy stained shellsuit :O

no if you wear something long over leggings are fine. my mam is mid 40's and pulls it off fine

I think it depends on what you feel you look like. Personally I wouldnt wear leggings ( in publice anyway lol) because Im fat and flabby and wobbly BUT I see people who arent like me in leggings with tunics or short dresses over and they look great.

I love leggings, but I always wear them with tops/dresses that cover my bum. Anything shorter than that looks awful, and my legs are slim! My mum is in her 50s and she sometimes wears leggings with a tunic top or dresses that are a bit too short to wear on its own.
I'd say go for it!

if i had lost all my weight and was at target i would wear them, but lets face it if i was at target id wear silver hotpants and a boob tube in the middle of a blizzard with big flashing lights on lol x

I say go for it!
If you are planning on wearing them with a long tunic style top...it looks lovely. I agree with the others though about t-shits and leggins...definitely wrong!!!

Back