Your honesty is required...

if i had lost all my weight and was at target i would wear them, but lets face it if i was at target id wear silver hotpants and a boob tube in the middle of a blizzard with big flashing lights on lol x

I really like that comment above it made me laugh.

Jaylou I do not think age should come in to it as far as what you want to wear if you feel comfortable and think they will suit you then go ahead.

My OH's mother has just taken to leggings. She's 53, and i personally think she pulls it off quite well! she certainly doesnt attract your attention and make you think 'oh my god!'

I think with a nice long top or cardy/dress it can look nice, on the right figure.. i think its down to you aswell, and how you carry it off!

Fab response guys! I have a lovely tunic dress from next with a little chiffon frill round the bottom, it comes to just above my knee - too short to wear on it's own. I plan to buy the same dress in black with a leopard print ruffle too (they also do it in green!). I've been wearing this with skinny jeans but it's sometimes a bit too much and I plan to wear it with tights and boots in the winter but for now I thought leggings and flats or heels would look good (and also okay for the office too!).

I think I will try them on and see how they look, my legs aren't too bad up to bit half way up my thigh iykwim so it's not like there'll be flab everywhere!! I hope they don't look awful as I do want some, but I do see where some of the posters are coming from when they say they are only good on skinny teens!!

Thanks again guys. xx

well without a pic of the pins going to be in these leggings, its hard to judge, but lass if ur happy then wear them n smile as u walks

Sounds as if you'll be looking good Jaylou! I have rugby players calves! Not a good look!

OK 7 of 9 on Star Trek voyager looks good in leggings. my view as a guy, think age is not a reason not to wear what you feel good in. I think they (leggings) look ok if worn by you ladies under dresses , but as I said you really need a good bod to go all out leggings.

I just had a blast from the past ..Mmmmmmmm our old next door neighbour was around the 35 year old mark about 16 stone and five foot five at the most. She used to wear them with high heels OMG !...

They were normally some animal print ... ie leopard, croc, snake etc

That was one hell of a scary lady,,,,,, she resembled " Gary Glitter " from the back it looked like those leggings were chewing on a toffee.....

LOL...

Phil x

Last edited:
It depends entirely on your legs! I don't think it's an age thing, more a leg shape thing! I certainly cannot get away with leggings!

As with anything I think it is how you wear them!! My dad HATES leggings and refused point blank to let me wear them last time round (in the 80s). Now I'm a grown up and he has no say in the matter but even he has now admitted that the way I wear them now is flattering and covers my modesty - ie long tops / dresses - more of a footless tights look than anything else (no camel toes here, no Sir-ee ;))

Go for it - comfy, practical and no chance of flashing your knix in the windy weather

xx

Back