Your opinion would be gratefully appreciated please :)

OH has caved so he has paid for their trip out of respect to his elders!! They rang me this morning saying their excited and can't way, no wonder their excited they have got a free trip and we have to cut back on certain things. I am just going to keep out of their way as I am just so annoyed!

hey babes! its the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard! its bullshit(excuse my french)! my cousins gettin married in london n im in derby-ive bought new clothes for me n mykids, travelled there n bak n goin bak again nxt week for the actual weddin! n i definitely dont expect them to pay for a single penny! infact, im goin out of my mind thinkin wat weddin gift i should get THEM! wat else r they expectin?

OH has caved so he has paid for their trip out of respect to his elders!! They rang me this morning saying their excited and can't way, no wonder their excited they have got a free trip and we have to cut back on certain things. I am just going to keep out of their way as I am just so annoyed!

Honey, they may have gotten their way in terms or monetairy value, but one thing I bet they have lost is they respect that you may have had for them.

Ok so they got their way, but just remember your wedding day is YOUR day, the day that you will become Mrs Unkown ( you know what I mean), the day that you begin your life together, your marrying the man of your dreams, the man you want to spend the rest of your life with, forget them !!!

You have to be kidding me

Nope I wish we were, I just paid for their flight tickets costing £320 and I have booked them their car (orrignally I was getting them a small fiesta type (75 pounds a day hire including insurance) as I thought it was suitable but they informed the OH that they wanted something bigger so we ended up hiring a bmw saloon type (sorry not much into cars for £110 per day including insurance), we booked them into the hotel which the hotel has agreed to give me an extra discount as well for the three days! We rang to confirm that it was booked and they told the OH that I was being very snooty over it, im bloody raging but because they are family I ain't going to shoot my mouth off. :cry:

hey babes! its the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard! its bullshit(excuse my french)! my cousins gettin married in london n im in derby-ive bought new clothes for me n mykids, travelled there n bak n goin bak again nxt week for the actual weddin! n i definitely dont expect them to pay for a single penny! infact, im goin out of my mind thinkin wat weddin gift i should get THEM! wat else r they expectin?

I have heard from loads of people who are in the same culture and they were saying its unheard of in this day and age, fair enough years ago yes rich families used to do it but we wouldn't class ourselves as being rich gosh I wish we were!! The reason I am paying for my brother as due to health reasons at the moment his assets have been frozen (due to the sudden death of his wife and daughter he became from depressed and was contemplating suicide so the state has put a hold on his accounts) so I offered to send him the money as I would like him there and my parents I have been looking after them finacially as they are both retired. Even if it was their culture it ain't mine and we agreed that we wouldn't be putting extra expense on ourselves but unfortunately this cropped up but there ya go!! Not going to let them ruin our day.

Ridiculous! They'd better buy you an amazing wedding gift after all this!
x

Watch this space but to be honest I wouldn't take anything off them after what has happened, I am just outraged!!

Honey, they may have gotten their way in terms or monetairy value, but one thing I bet they have lost is they respect that you may have had for them.

Ok so they got their way, but just remember your wedding day is YOUR day, the day that you will become Mrs Unkown ( you know what I mean), the day that you begin your life together, your marrying the man of your dreams, the man you want to spend the rest of your life with, forget them !!!

Ya are exactly right, the respect that we had for them has gone out of the window and I hope I never see either of them again after the wedding. I have told the OH that I aint going back to their home again, I can be a stubborn cow when I want to be....lmao

Can i please come to your wedding? and i cant give them a peice of my mind!! they arent my family!!!

Dont worry You dont have to pay for me.. and I wont eat anything lol!!

Im sorry its come this to this chick!! Hold your head high and feck em!!! they are turds!!

Its grand hun seriously and we are still going to enjoy ourselves anyhow!! Im marrying the fella that I love and thats all that matters!!

Best way to look at it!!!

But as some one said... PLEASE give them the worst seats!!!

lol!!!

Hmmm put a fake bug in their food too :) and you can get like remote control rats and trantulas... Put it in their room and hide in the cupboard and control it :D

well myself and my cousin went around to my local one here and spotted some....lmao they are great, bought some for the kids but may have to borrow them...lmao

Back