Your other half

Berryred

Gold Member
How do they find it with you being on CD?

Mine is very very supportive, but a post I read made me think! He has really being trying hard not to eat around me, and I have told him not to do that, I have made this chnage not him, I don't mind, I put this weight on me and I will get it off:eek:

I have 2 kids who know mummy is trying to lose her bum:8855: but I am finding not eating a meal with them hard, and I am lieing telling them I will be aving something later as my 4 yr old keeps saying what have you had to eat mum:( I really haven;t talked about it infront of the kids, but as we always eat together I guess it has gone noticed

Oh well! Also I haven't told anyone else, I guess I am scared of what they will say, as VLCD have such a sigma about them, maybe once I lose weight, or people comment it will be easier to say (did that make any sense!)

Anyway, random ramblings from me on a Sunday, without a hangover:D and it feels good

Hi Berryred I also have a very supportive husband and also supportive boys 5 and 11. I do try and sit with them when they are eating especially at weekends. I either have my shakes/porridge or arm myself with huge glass of water and keep re-filling it. It worked the first time around but I am only on day 3 of re-start so hoping I can do it again. They all know I am on CD but that's all. I have told no-one else. Definitely not my colleagues at work because I know the comments I would get from being on a meal replacement diet or diet full stop. The hassle of being told I should eat more, I have lost too much weight etc. VLCD's are unhealthy, just have one it won't hurt is far too much. We have enough stresses in life to deal with and unhelpful comments and bad vibes is something I certainly don't need. Obviously it is your decision whether to tell people or not but personally I have found avoidance techniques easier!

mine is very supportive too. in the evening I have my soup in a bowl and eat at the table with my husband and daughter.

me and my partner have made a sort of agreement, he is going to cut down alot as he is also overweight and we are going to cyprus in 5 months so he wants to slim down for that, he has been having microwave meals every night lol bless,and he dosnt eat snacks whilst hes at home, but i said to him he can have what he wants at work, we dont eat with the children anyway as my partner dosnt get home from work till between 6pm and 8pm, ao the kids have already been fed, we normaly have our evening meal at 9pm, So i have my cup of bouillon whists he is eating his microwave meal! Works for us! and lets face it, its not forever is it, we will be able to sit down together in a few months and have a healthy meal together when im at goal woo hoo when im at goal!! can you imagine that!!!

My partner plays football semi-pro.. hes fit and toned.. but he eats so much rubbish its unbelievable.. because he burns it all off :(

However he knows im about to start this and he helped me rid the house of junk.. he wont east rubbish at home.. and will use this as an incentive to eat more healthy :D

My son is 4.. I don't give him rubbish anyways he likes fruit.. milk etc so no major changes for him x

hey girls,

my partner is ver supportive in me doing cd. sophie, my daughter is 4 and ive she has noticed that im not eating! yesterday she was even trying to feed me crisps i took them and threw them in the bin because i dont want her to think just because im not eating its ok. she is back in playschool next week so she will have her dinner there and then something light for tea so it will be ok then :)

my eldest kids know im only having milkshakes and nothing else, my problem is my 9 year old weighs 8 and a half stone and is very chubby, she asked me if she could go on cambridge which broke my heart, a 9 year old should not be thinking about things like this! :(
maybe i should have kept it a secret.

Oh dear. That is really sad. I remember watching a programme on TV about 8 year olds who were anorexic. Kids these days grow up so fast and they are exposed to so much. I wouldn't even know what to say or do if I was in your shoes.

my eldest kids know im only having milkshakes and nothing else, my problem is my 9 year old weighs 8 and a half stone and is very chubby, she asked me if she could go on cambridge which broke my heart, a 9 year old should not be thinking about things like this! :(

aw the poor thing hun :hug99:

it's hard though because we shouldn;t keep it secret from them otherwise they may keep it secret from us:(

it's really a catch 22 isn't it

:(

My wife has & is continuing to be really supportive, its a massive help.
She knows that its something that I want, and she also knows that its going to be hard.
We had a chat the other night and she said that she cant wait to go shopping to buy me "normal" sized clothes from high street shops, something that hasnt happened in years.
I wish you all the best

Hi vamapliciuos, i have the same problem, my daugther is seven and weighs 6 and a half stone, and she keeps telling me she needs to diet, some kids make fun of her cos she is not as small as them and it breaks my heart. It doesnt help that my older daughter eats the same as her and is as skinny as a rake.

i know its awful isnt it, i have anothe rproblem that my 13 year old has got cystic fibrosis and has to eat a very high fat diet, so to holly my 9 year old its not fair that her big sister can have what ever she wants whenever she wants, also chloe is a size 8 and will always be very slim!

I am just trying to cut the food down in general but she likes all the things I like, which is a downfall on her part. I hate having to say no to her. x They are fed the same things tho x

My OH is really supportive, he pays for my CD. I don't avoid food however, I still cook all his meals and make his pack ups etc. I sit and chat with him whilst he eats, normally drinking a glass of water or two, and sometimes I will have one of my shakes.

I don't have children so I can't advice with how to deal with young girls who want to diet, but I can remember that feeling:cry: but I could suggest something that might help your daughters and you at the same time....what about doing some activity together that uses up some calories....you lose more weight and they tone up and get to spend time with you....even a walk together to have a girlie chat?

This is the second time i have done CD and the first time round my husband was working away monday to friday and only came home at weekends. I work shifts and also work 3 out of every 5 weekends so we weren't together all the time and my diet didn't really impact on him. We both love going out for meals and yesterday my hubby said i was being selfish cos with me being on SS, we couldn't go out for meals like pizza hut etc as a family with our daughter and it was no fun. I know i wont always be on this diet to this extreme and that didn't help hearing that from him. We later went as a family to the park and i watched him eat two toasted teacakes and daughter demolish half a chocolate muffin and it was awful!!
Im determined to stick to SS and wont be swayed. Trouble is, my hubby says, "there's nothing wrong with you". Cheers and all but im not happy and cant get in my old size 10 jeans. Anyone else get this subtle undermining?

My wife has & is continuing to be really supportive, its a massive help.
She knows that its something that I want, and she also knows that its going to be hard.
We had a chat the other night and she said that she cant wait to go shopping to buy me "normal" sized clothes from high street shops, something that hasnt happened in years.
I wish you all the best

thats lovely:D high street shops apart from one tend to be the thing of the past for me too! BUT NOT for long:p

all the best to you too hun x

This is the second time i have done CD and the first time round my husband was working away monday to friday and only came home at weekends. I work shifts and also work 3 out of every 5 weekends so we weren't together all the time and my diet didn't really impact on him. We both love going out for meals and yesterday my hubby said i was being selfish cos with me being on SS, we couldn't go out for meals like pizza hut etc as a family with our daughter and it was no fun. I know i wont always be on this diet to this extreme and that didn't help hearing that from him. We later went as a family to the park and i watched him eat two toasted teacakes and daughter demolish half a chocolate muffin and it was awful!!
Im determined to stick to SS and wont be swayed. Trouble is, my hubby says, "there's nothing wrong with you". Cheers and all but im not happy and cant get in my old size 10 jeans. Anyone else get this subtle undermining?

:mad: want me to punch him for you lol!! My hubby used to make digs before such as do you need that ect ect, until one day I blew, and broke down saying food is my addition such as people get addicted to drink, or cigs, even things like OCD Food is my thing:sigh: he said he didn't realise it hurt me so much when he said these things and had a really good heart to heart

Saying that, on Sat we all went to town and I wondered the shops and him and the kids went for pizza hut:wave_cry: I couldn't of sat in there watching, will power or not lol

talk to us hun, we will listen and are here for you xx

bigfella, not for long and you have the support of you wife and your new family on here :)

how are you finding the diet 4 days in?

Back