Your Secret Eating......confessions!

BellyFlop

Silver Member
Have you ever been a secret eater?

Eating a full meal and then being so desperate for more that you've 'hidden' yourself away to eat more?

Did you do it in the car, kitchen, bedroom, garden? (Gawd, this sounds very sexual!)

Are you an expert at getting down the stairs in silence for middle of the night munchies or did you cram it in during the day when alone?!

I can open a rustling packet in total silence....the secret is kitchen scissors and one big cut....job done!:rolleyes:

Lol! Brilliant idea for a thread! :)

Can't really say that I've been much of a secret eater in recent years but I certainly know what you're talking about. A few years ago I took a crash diet a bit too far and developed a bit of an eating disorder - during this time I'd never eat in front of anyone at all, if someone tried to make me I'd get aggressive! On the weak days I'd wait until the boyfriend went out for milk or something and whilst he was gone for those five minutes I'd stuff my face stupid and hide the evidence for when he returned!

Crazy stuff when I think about it now! :eek:

Nah couldn't be doing with the effort of secret eating, I was a brazen hussy and would just go for it..... probably my all time low was eating flakes in bed in the middle of the night and waking up with chocolate in the bed :eek::eek::eek:

Oh, and microwaving ready made curries late at night when kids and OH are in bed is the 'forgotten urgent laundry needed for tomorrow' .....and the reason for the washing machine and tumble dryer to be switched on ....to drown out the microwave sound and opening the microwave door 30 seconds before that giveaway 'ping' gives away your dirty secret!:eek:

Awful behaviour!:(

Ahhh I've done that!

Having cereals late at night and washing up the bowl and putting it away so no one knows :p lol the shame!

Lol! Brilliant idea for a thread! :)

Can't really say that I've been much of a secret eater in recent years but I certainly know what you're talking about. A few years ago I took a crash diet a bit too far and developed a bit of an eating disorder - during this time I'd never eat in front of anyone at all, if someone tried to make me I'd get aggressive! On the weak days I'd wait until the boyfriend went out for milk or something and whilst he was gone for those five minutes I'd stuff my face stupid and hide the evidence for when he returned!

Crazy stuff when I think about it now! :eek:

Thanks RB!

Are you me?! I can even remember being annoyed cause OH had night out planned (and I had takeaways menus at the ready) and he at last minute decided to stay in, so I instigated an argument so he'd go out so I could stuff myself!:D:eek:

Appalling!

Lol! I've been there on that one too! Not with this OH I'm pleased to say, but with my ex.

Thing is, I genuinely thought I was the only one who did crazy-ass things like that, so it's reassuring to know that I'm not :)

See we're both rubbish at relationships and weird eaters (I also did the eating disorder poo in my early to late 20's...)!

So glad that we have each other to be weird with!:D

Have you ever been a secret eater?
Yep
Eating a full meal and then being so desperate for more that you've 'hidden' yourself away to eat more?
Yep

Did you do it in the car,
yep
Yep
never!
, garden?
Yep

Alleyway
Garage
Bathroom

(Gawd, this sounds very sexual!)
It does rather :D

Are you an expert at getting down the stairs in silence for middle of the night munchies or did you cram it in during the day when alone?!
Never the middle of the night, but I am an expert in having food in my mouth and eating it, whilst talking to family and without anyone noticing.

Refined the art of secret eating in public whilst as school, so I could suck sweets in class without the teacher noticing.

LMAO @ KD!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No suprise here but mines a bit odd:rolleyes: When 'arr wor a lad' we had 2 toilets in a yard shared between 4 houses in the terrace and I use to go and flake the white wash off the walls and eat it. I would also go into our cellar and eat the sand stone steps where it would flake off with wear and the damp, while down there I would also gnaw on coal.
Its true you'd think I was born in the 1800's this was only in the early 70's, and dont get me started on the tin bath!:D:D

No suprise here but mines a bit odd:rolleyes: When 'arr wor a lad' we had 2 toilets in a yard shared between 4 houses in the terrace and I use to go and flake the white wash off the walls and eat it. I would also go into our cellar and eat the sand stone steps where it would flake off with wear and the damp, while down there I would also gnaw on coal.

Blimey! That is desperate. Mind you, I did used to eat the hymn books at church. Boredom I think.:rolleyes:

Its true you'd think I was born in the 1800's this was only in the early 70's, and dont get me started on the tin bath!:D:D

That is a condition called PICA!

My son has it, he likes to chomp on sand, dust, grit, paper, drinking straws, shoes, rubber and tights....whilst old ladies are wearing them!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Obviously we have to avoid letting this happen!

BellyFlop - maybe we're twins!! :D lol

Well as I live on my own (well with my dog but i dont hide things from him) then i never had to hide my eating! lol

But this thread reminds me of my last supper"s".

I decided I was going to start LT - I had had enough and I was sick of being fat and wanted the weight gone!!! SO!!! I arranged to go to the chemist the next day, and for my final feast I bought a 12inch special pizza with a large portion of chips and full sugar coke! Scoffed the lot and felt like a beached whale. THEN I went to the chemist to start LT but they wouldnt let me start until I had watched the DVD! So they told me to watch it and come back the next day. I was actually secretly happy because I had of regretted my last big meal being a pizza... as I love chinese food and cheeseburgers. So I came home and watched the DVD and then went and got myself a chinese AND a cheeseburger AND a curly wurly! Ate the lot! But I had a real feeling inside that I knew I would not be tasting these foods for a very very very long time.......

Glad to know there's more people like me out there - i love to eat in the car!!! Well its so easy - go to the shop buy loadds of chocolate and rubbish (even better if u have long journey as an excuse) and munch away to your hearts content - no fear of someone coming in with your gob stuffed!! Mind you its a bit harder to explain away all the sweet wrappers..... obviously this is all a distant memory now <sigh>

*squishes Julz* Feel no shame sweetie, we're all weirdos here :D Awesome last supper(s) though - you certainly don't do things by halves :D

Back